Engorged and cant pump a drop

Ohmy4

Reaction score
WTH!! Iam in so much pain and my boobies are engorged due to the MASSIVE amount of supplements iam taking to boost supply. I used to be able to pump fine...but now I cant get any out!! Iam hurting sooo bad...my nipples are so cracked and bleeding when I latch bub on I scream in pain. What can I do? This milk HAS to come out...why cant i pump?!

Not sure Hun, have you tried compression or massaging? Maybe try taking a hot shower or bath?

Could you have blocked ducts? I've never had them so I don't know what they're like. Try taking a hot shower with the spray directly on your breasts and hand expressing. I've heard that this helps.

Yueouch....... Ow! Yes, the milk HAS to come out. And when you're engorged, pumps may not work.

Hot water, in any form, will help. A bath, submerging the breast, a shower, a hot water bowl which you waft the breast over.

If you can bear to touch the breast, then your fingers or a electric toothbrush will produce gentle massage.

Putting the washing machine on spin cycle and sitting on it may be enough to vibrate and jog the milk out.

Cabbage leaves will help with the engorgement.

Try standing under a hot shower and see if you can express some by hand. Hope you find some relief :flower:

Hot shower and hand express! Hope you get some relief soon xx

Ooooh that happened to me last week. Pump just won't work on it's own. What you can try is:

1) put baby to boobs for a few minutes to achieve let down, then pump.
Or
2) have your pump on boob. Wet a face towel with hot water and lay it on your boob. Gently compress your boobs as you pump. You will need to wait for a while to achieve let down.

I always have to massage first before the pump will get anything out- good luck!!

WTH!! Iam in so much pain and my boobies are engorged due to the MASSIVE amount of supplements iam taking to boost supply. I used to be able to pump fine...but now I cant get any out!! Iam hurting sooo bad...my nipples are so cracked and bleeding when I latch bub on I scream in pain. What can I do? This milk HAS to come out...why cant i pump?!

Hope you are feeling better?

When I asked my SIL about breastfeeding she said this can happen and she said the best thing to do is to stand in a warm/hot shower for about 10 min which will help release some of the milk. Hope this helps.

I have this problem too, so my LC told me to massage my breasts and do some nipple stimulation before baby feeds, and add a warm compress of hot water over the nips to open up the ducts better. After baby is done feeding I usually get my double pump out express for 5 mins, massage, nipple stimulation, then pump again, doing the process a total of 3 times. It helps for now, and once the baby has a better pattern its supposed to get better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->