Enhanced maternity pay.

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Just a warning girls, if your company advertise as having an enhanced maternity pay, id take a look and see what it is now.

I was having a look at our employee handbook about our enhanced maternity pay. This is the 2004 version so it may have changed BUT when they are advertising they mention the enhanced maternity pay so i had a look. They go with the state guidlines for the first 6 weeks and then they make up the smp to half your wadge. Sounds good you may think

BUT

smp IS over half my normal wadge anyway!!

What wankers! How dare they advertise they have an enhanced maternity pay and unless you are a senior or a manager they get out of paying you naff all.:growlmad:

So id go and take a look at what it is now

Aw, that sucks Lozzy! You're right they really shouldn't advertise it as "enhanced mat pay" then. Good thing you found out now though and not when the time comes. Any chance you can safe a few £££ every month now so you can supplement your pay from that when you need to? Or you may even be on a higher wage by then?

Aw, that sucks Lozzy! You're right they really shouldn't advertise it as "enhanced mat pay" then. Good thing you found out now though and not when the time comes. Any chance you can safe a few £££ every month now so you can supplement your pay from that when you need to? Or you may even be on a higher wage by then?

My wadge will be slighty higer but not by a lot. I on 6.40 now and the highest it will be is 6.70. I planning on saving after iv saved for my holiday.
The way we work it, OH pays for the bills and i pay the rent and luckaly ssp will cover what the rent is, just.

Just had a look at what i would get. It would be £188 for the first 6 weeks and then £125 for the rest of my leave, allthough that could change before i even get pregnant.

Often the terms are funny too, like you have to have been there a certain length of time or are contracted to return for a certain length of time afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->