Enhanced recovery after c-section, any experiences?

I have had 2 sections, the last I won't go into as I had a general anesthetic so makes the whole thing different. My 1st was an urgent c section 5 years ago and I would have been discharged after 24 hours, but they wanted to keep an eye on my daughter for another day ( she fell out of bed, don't ask!). This time I have to have an elective and my obstetrician has said I have to stay in for a minimum of 24 hours or 48 hours. As a nurse, I am an awful patient and absolutely hate been in hospital, so hopefully I will make it home th next day!

I had my dd at 4:47pm, back on the ward for 6:30pm. They got me up walking at 11pm!! I was furious at the time but I do think it helped. A lady at the side of me refused for 1.5 days and had lots of trouble when she did actually get up. It meant I had my catheter out the morning after less than 24 hrs and was home just before 48 hrs. Only stayed in so long because dd had low blood sugars and needed monitoring before/after feeds x

That's reassuring Katia, thank you:flower: I guess it's one of these things isn't it, what's gonna happen is going to happen. I'm going to try getting on my feet though to heal faster, just a bit nervous! x

Even though I've been through it so know what to expect, I'm still nervous as it was so long ago! It's natural to feel like that. Hope all goes well for you x

Thanks ladies:hugs: I was surprised when the midwife told me as everyone else has told me I'll be in at least four days (but the again, their sections were a long time ago) and I really didn't want to be in that long as I have a toddler aswell and just generally don't like hospital's tbh, then again who does lol.

Loeylo- same here with my daughter, born on the Thursday and out on Saturday although I had been in since Tuesday (inducement)
It seems quite common then to go home quite quickly with sections then, having never had one, I was just going on what some family memebrs had told me so it'll be nice to be home sooner:flower:

Nordicpixie- can I ask how you found it being up on your feet so quickly? I know you recover much quicker though if you are so I'm aiming for that. That's great you recovered so quickly, was that a planned section? I'd heard recovery is quicker than with an emcs.
My consultant was making it seem like I'd barely be able to move for 6 weeks:growlmad: but had a much nicer doctor today who put my mind at ease much better!

I've had an emcs and elcs. The only difference being that I had a general anaesthetic with my emcs so was a little groggy the first 24 hrs . My last csec I was up and about quicker. I was cleared to drive 2 weeks postpartum. I was walking my daughter to school whilst pushing the baby at two weeks as well. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->