Entering the world of Assisted Conception...like it or not...

Hiker - so glad to hear you are starting stims. Keeping all my fingers crossed for you.

It's not fun to think about what to do after this process but it's great you'll still have insurance coverage after this that you can use. Hope you don't need it though and this is your round.

That sucks about the lump you found. Really hope it's nothing and you can get checked out soon. Horrible timing though, yes.

AFM - my next cycle will likely be the last since not sure we can afford much more after that. We'll see. It depends a lot on if I improve any and think it would be worth keep spending so much money on attempts. So I'm ready to get started with the next cycle!!

Hi all! Well I triggered last night and tomorrow is my retrieval. I am discouraged that I only have 3 follicles this round. I was under the impression that Estrogen Priming would give us the best result, but 3 is it. I have been doing so much to help egg quality in terms of supplements, avoiding BPA and toxins. I have heard that E2 priming can help with quality, so hopefully these 3 can all be retrieved and they are all good! Should this not pan out, there is a new doc at my clinic, so before when I thought I had to go elsewhere due to lack of options, I may have more options depending on this new doc's attitude and approach. She is the one doing my retrieval so I hope to talk to her about meeting with her should this round not work out. I just want lots of second opinions so I can make a good decision about what to do next. Maybe all the docs will look at my situation and say "donor eggs." But who knows. Gotta give the rest of this round a fair shake, but I have zero hope.

After the retreival I have my boob check at 2:30 and a boob ultrasound at 5 at the hospital. Tomorrow is going to be a sucky day of appointments. :(

Keep on the good path to helping your eggs, Bronte!!

Hiker I wish you luck at all your appointments today. Really hope the retrieval yields great quality eggs. Quality is so much more important than quantity. And I really hope you find the lump is no issue.

Hiker, good luck today! I hope all your appointments go well, that your eggs are quality-riffic, and that your lump is totally benign.

Big hugs! :hugs:

Hi guys, and thanks for the words of encouragement! After 2 years of roadblocks, got some promising results today. Had my ER this morning and went into it with 3 follicles. I thought 3 eggs would be wishful thinking. The new doc at my clinic was so wonderful and compassionate. Prior to the procedure she met with me and said "I know you've been through so much" which made me start balling. I asked if she'd be willing to give me a second opinion and/or be my doctor, but she said she would agree with my doc that the next step is donor eggs. I told her I wasn't ready and she actually encouraged me to go elsewhere in the country for second opinion/further treatment.

THEN miracle of all miracles, we got SIX eggs! I still have no idea how that is possible. 3 follicles and 6 eggs? I've never gotten the same number of eggs as follicles, let alone MORE? I didn't know that could happen. She said there were 2 eggs in one of the follicles. WHAT?? Anyway, anxiously awaiting our fertilization results tomorrow, and the plan is to do a day 3 transfer.

Then had my nurse's appointment and breast scan at the hospital - turns out it was a cyst, and actually I have quite a few in that breast. Nothing to be concerned about at this time, and I was thankful they didn't make me do a mammogram (I was punctured, prodded and scanned enough today to last me for a while!)

Feeling positive - if just for today. :)

Yessssss Hiker that's brilliant on all accounts!!!

Thank God they were just cysts! What a relief. I'm so glad for you.

And 6 eggs with 3 follies?? You're my new hero, girl.

Keep us posted!!!

Wow hiker! That's such awesome news! Six eggs! Sending you the warmest wishes for a great fert report. And thank goodness it was a cyst. Sounds like a fantastic day for you. Fx!

Yay for good news on both accounts. So happy your cysts aren't concerning and they retrieved multiple eggs per follicle. Love to see it when that happens! Good luck!!

Hi guys I was wondering if you dont mind me joining this thread a brief bit about me

Been with DH 7 yrs married nearly 4 been TTC since Nov 2013 one MC at 5 1/2 wks in Sep 2015, had all tests done got diagnosed with unexplained infertility there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to have children. Started Clomid in Jan 2016 for 6 months BFNS every month due to this and the fact I O every month like clockwork have been referred for IVF and have just been approved to have 3 rnds on NHS as both me and DH have no children.

I begin the tests at the fertility hospital on 03/11 have to give blood and DH has to give another sperm sample then just waiting to see what is next our consultation and further tests before the IVF starts xx

Im feeling a whole array of emotions about it all if Im honest nervous and anxious as this is like last chance saloon my last hope of having my own baby, worried that it wont work and also excited that this could be it and I could get the family I long for.

Sorry if this is long and thank you for taking the time to read on, I havnt had time to look back through the thread yet to read up on all your stories to get up to speed but I will xx

Welcome, Angela. I'm so sorry for your loss. <3 Glad that you've got that referral in and hopefully the time flies by. I wish you luck and a speedy path to your sticky bean. :hugs:

Hiker- that is terrific news!!! I hope the transfer goes well and you get your bfp this cycle. I know it's been a hard journey for you, but there is hope. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hi and thank you for all the continued positive wishes! We transferred 2 today on day 3. 1 was a 6 cell, grade C, the other was a 3 cell, grade B. I'm not an embryologist, but I do know that by day 3 there should be 4-8 cells. So the 3 cell might be out because it's not dividing enough, even though there is less fragmentation. The 6 cell I was hopeful until I saw the picture - tons of fragmentation - looks like the examples on the internet of embryos that have no hope. So again I'm not feeling so optimistic. I do not think this clinic will treat me again unless I do donor eggs, which maybe I'm crazy not to consider yet, but I'm still not ready. Next step is to travel elsewhere to see doctors who have more experience and openmindedness when it comes to DOR patients. It would be nice if it worked this round, but I'm not counting on anything.

Angela, welcome! I know where you are coming from, having starting this January also with a series of IUI's. This was my 4th attempt at IVF and 3rd successful transfer. Still no positives yet. That's wonderful you have 3 rounds paid for and I hope within those, you will have success. Welcome to post and share here as much as you;d like! Keep us posted on the testing.

Smille! Hello stranger! Is that a baby in your profile pic??

Hiker - I'm so sorry there's not a ton of hope. Do they know what causes the fragmentation by day 3? Is that egg quality itself?

I will try to stay positive for you but I know it's not looking great.

Angela - welcome and hope the testing goes well. This can be a long road but really hope you find success at the end.

Hiker- I know nothing about fragmentation, but I am really pulling for you this cycle. If nothing comes of it, seeking a 2nd opinion is a great idea especially when you're not ready for that giant step. That's such a huge decision to make.

Yep she's a little over 3 weeks now.

Hiker I hope you get positive news got everything crossed for you and thank you for the kind words I know your journey down the IVF route has been a long one but Im hoping you get good news this time x

And thank you Bronte as well for the welcome xx

I know I am fortunate to have three rounds paid for by NHS and Im really hoping that atleast one of them works Im worried with being 33 they may give me bad news about my egg reserves and quality but I cant fret too much till they do the test xx Me and DH have already had the what if conversation if it doesnt work and said that 3 yrs of trying with 6 months on fertility drugs and 3 rnds of IVF hasnt worked then we wont be paying for any further treatment and will be looking at adoption instead then x

Hiker, I'm still rooting for you. They chose to transfer those embryos rather than cancel the cycle which sounds optimistic to me. <3

Keeping hopeful and sending good vibes your way. :hugs:

Hiker my fx for you. I understand your concerns; still very hopeful! And I think it's great that should this not work that you are going to see someone else w more experience. You never know. Maybe a different protocol would help. Fx for this cycle!

Angela - hello and welcome to this thread! I know you from our other thread and as you know I'm always wishing you the best of luck :) Super hopeful for your IVF cycle!

Cheers Star e I didnt know you was on this thread how you feeling any more symptoms yet not long npw till your next scan xx

AFM been for first round of tests at hospital took bloods checking Im immune against Rubella and also check a hormone that can tell them about my egg reserves and DH gave his sperm sample so just wait for results to come back then we go for our first consultation how is everyone else xx

Good luck, Angela, hope you get great results (and that you don't have to wait too long for them)!

Not much here, currently on Clomid and awaiting an IUI this cycle. :coffee:

Hope you're doing well, Hiker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"