Entering the world of Assisted Conception...like it or not...

Wow, I am so sorry you went through all of that. I'm so happy you are getting a happy ending. Good luck at your scan.

PS- the admins were able to officially change my user name (this is still Lauren, but officially Hiker going forward! ) .

MMW, Yes good luck at your next scan!!

Smille, how are your temps today?

This morning was still negative OPK, so I'm to give the shot tonight at 10pm. Smille, you had asked, and I'm not exactly sure why they didn't give me the shot yesterday and want me to wait until a +OPK, but I imagine it's because they don't want to drastically mess with my natural cycle if possible. Even though the egg was a good size yesterday, if I'm not ready to ovulate, perhaps this will give it (and even the second egg that was in there?) more time to develop even more? Not entirely sure. I will be going in for the IUI on Thursday morning. For some reason DH was up and very ready this morning so we definitely have some "insurance" with that one :) It would be funny if this morning ended up doing the trick! Ok, momentary lapse in my mantra of keeping hopes down.

PS- the admins were able to officially change my user name (this is still Lauren, but officially Hiker going forward! ) .

MMW, Yes good luck at your next scan!!

Smille, how are your temps today?

This morning was still negative OPK, so I'm to give the shot tonight at 10pm. Smille, you had asked, and I'm not exactly sure why they didn't give me the shot yesterday and want me to wait until a +OPK, but I imagine it's because they don't want to drastically mess with my natural cycle if possible. Even though the egg was a good size yesterday, if I'm not ready to ovulate, perhaps this will give it (and even the second egg that was in there?) more time to develop even more? Not entirely sure. I will be going in for the IUI on Thursday morning. For some reason DH was up and very ready this morning so we definitely have some "insurance" with that one :) It would be funny if this morning ended up doing the trick! Ok, momentary lapse in my mantra of keeping hopes down.

Who did you contact to change your username? I just sent a query through "contact us" about an hour ago to try to do the same thing!

Good luck with your IUI. The shot won't be bad. I promise!

I sent a private message to "Wobbles". No response from the "Contact us" button.

Just want the shot over with! Need some courage...perhaps liquid courage :)

My temp went up a little this morning. Nothing new other than a major breakout overnight. I hate feeling like a teenager.

The shot is quick and painless, I assure you. Just make sure it's room temp per the instructions. I had my dh do it bc I couldn't but if we ever go through it again I probably could.

We also dtd 2 nights b4 the iui and the same night of. I hope that helped our chances.

Good luck Thurs!

Yikes!!! MW (can't remember your name on here) that freaking sucks that is the worst luck u poor thing after going through all that. To have 6 blastocysts is huge. I hope they were terribly sorry it refunded u some $. They should have offered to do the next cycle for free or something.

Hiker we will be cycle sisters. I'll be doing a FET. I get an ultrasound and blood test tomorrow as I'm day 15.. Then they'll put it in maybe Monday because it's 5 days old. Excited but nervous..

Yikes!!! MW (can't remember your name on here) that freaking sucks that is the worst luck u poor thing after going through all that. To have 6 blastocysts is huge. I hope they were terribly sorry it refunded u some $. They should have offered to do the next cycle for free or something.

Hiker we will be cycle sisters. I'll be doing a FET. I get an ultrasound and blood test tomorrow as I'm day 15.. Then they'll put it in maybe Monday because it's 5 days old. Excited but nervous..

Oh, no, they offered NOTHING. It was a "weird that happened. So sorry!" and charged us $900 because "we still had to thaw them, even though they didn't survive!" That's why we changed clinics. The clinic we moved to is run by a doctor who left the clinic we were initially at. Fortunately he was able to help us with IUI. It was much cheaper!

I wouldn't have paid. That's ridiculous! !!

Oh, no, they offered NOTHING. It was a "weird that happened. So sorry!" and charged us $900 because "we still had to thaw them, even though they didn't survive!" That's why we changed clinics. The clinic we moved to is run by a doctor who left the clinic we were initially at. Fortunately he was able to help us with IUI. It was much cheaper!

I wish that would have been an option, but how the clinics work here, is you basically prepay, and then if on transfer day it gets cancelled, they refund your money. So, we got our refund (after a month and me contacting an ombudsman) minus $900. We never knew how that worked. They never told us when explaining the process. It was really just appalling. It wasn't some little random clinic somewhere. It was the Cleveland clinic. Word leaders travel there for surgery. You would think they'd be a little more professional than that.

I wish that would have been an option, but how the clinics work here, is you basically prepay, and then if on transfer day it gets cancelled, they refund your money. So, we got our refund (after a month and me contacting an ombudsman) minus $900. We never knew how that worked. They never told us when explaining the process. It was really just appalling. It wasn't some little random clinic somewhere. It was the Cleveland clinic. Word leaders travel there for surgery. You would think they'd be a little more professional than that.

We prepay here too. That's really sad that they had no compassion.

We prepay here too. That's really sad that they had no compassion.

It was, but I'm just trying to forget out it. I think it would sting more had IUI not worked.

I feel like I hijacked this thread with my sob story!

How are you feeling?!

Don't feel that way. I'm ok. I feel totally normal so idk if it worked or not.

I didn't feel anything when it didn't work, and I didn't feel anything when it did. I didn't think it worked the second time at all, but it did. There's still hope for you I think.

Miranda, that's awesome we are cycle sisters! Good luck with your FET next week! I assume they do it after ovulation and do around the time of implantation?

I'm sure all these places are covered with a ridiculous amount of insurance and liability coverage. And of course all the paperwork you sign stating there are no guarantees about any of the treatments. Still, that sounds like a major mess up, as opposed to a treatment just not panning out...and I think they should have somehow made it up to you! Even still, glad you have moved on and have had luck at a new place!:happydance:

Don't feel that way. I'm ok. I feel totally normal so idk if it worked or not.

Still way too early to tell. I am rooting for you!!

Not sure what stats your doctor gave you, but mine said only 10% chance of success any given cycle...if that helps at all with realistic expectations. I'm really hoping it worked for you though!!!!!! Your temps are sounding promising!

I stopped temping because I thought the meds would skew things too much. Now I kinda wish I had temped this month just out of curiosity to see if/how there are any differences once I'm on meds. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still have plenty of opportunities to temp again!

Quick update - I was way too chicken, so my hubby gave me my shot yesterday. I'm not a sissy and get blood drawn all the time, but this one did hurt quite a bit. But it's over so I'm glad. This morning I took an OPK and sure enough it was glaringly positive. Yesterday before the shot there was barely even a second line...so I know the shot worked. CM is also very slippery and egg-whitey.

Tomorrow is the IUI! I am cautiously optimistic. Hopefully the nurses will be too ;) (Smille :) Gotta squeeze this in on my lunch break which is kinda stressful, but my only option besides taking an entire sick day. Hopefully I can pull it off without coming back late!

My opks went very dark quickly too. I temped because I was interested to see how different my chart would be with meds.

Prior to the iui they could not give me a definite success rate bc both of us have issues. We were told it would give us a great chance of conceiving. The day of the iui, I was told it wouldn't work at all.

10% sounds better than zero.

Good luck tomorrow! I have everything crossed for you.

Hi! So things went well today with the IUI! I actually managed to squeeze it in during my lunch break, which was only slightly insane to do so...but I did.

So this morning I did another OPK. Still positive, but the one line was only slightly lighter than yesterday. The doctor and nurse were both very positive and encouraging. The doctor did remind me that this only has 10% chance of working. Thinking of you, I asked, "is that for me, or everyone who comes here?" He said everyone. I guess considering everyone who goes there "has issues", and given similar treatments, that is what he's basing that figure from.

It was interesting how they ensure it's the right sperm. First, they only ever do one at a time in their machine. Next, my hubby had to write his and my name on his sample cup. They then transfer that into a tube with our names on it, and that is what is brought into the exam room. I had to sign of course that all this was confirmed, but here's to putting trust in the lab for that! Oh and his number was like 56 or something. Not sure if that's good - but the doctor said it was "just fine."

It's funny you said you had "everything crossed" for me. The doctor joked on his way out that they have a saying there: "fingers crossed, legs not." haha! And he was really kind and said I hope you are one of our success stories. :)

Only thing left to do is our genetic counselor appt on Monday, then I have to get a blood test in one week for progesterone (Smille, did you have to do that?), then FX for no period a week later! So I'm not going to lie, I do have my hopes up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->