Epidural.......

Tam

Mum of 2 - PG with No.3
Reaction score
I saw my Aneasthetist (sp?) the other week and I got a wicked outcome..............because I had 2 epidurals last time and they didn't work, he is informing my consultant and the MW that I can ask for an epidural as soon as I am 3cm dilated to give them a better chance of hitting the right spot and me not being so distressed :dance:

All I need for it to do now is work......if not, it will be Gas 'n' air and pethedine! :? But hey ho, what will be will be!

What are you planning for pain relief, or are you going natural? x

Well Irefuse to ever have pethedine, because of the effects on the baby, and after last times spinal headache and scaring complications on my back I cant have an epi again. So its just gas and air for me. So im hoping labour this time goes a lot quicker. as last time I had the epi wasnt so much because of the pain but because I was so tired cause I had gone two nights of contractions and no sleep! I actually found the labour still hurt inspite of the epi, cause DS had a huge head and was back to back he was putting enormous pressure on my pelvic bones which the epi did nothing to stop.

So Tam are you not tempted to try to go without the epi? or will you have it when you get to 3cm regardless?

Oh Cat, that sounded painful.........

I am tempted to go without the epi as I did last time (due to them not working), so the fact that it is the second and it should be faster is a very good inscentive for me.....but I spose I will see how things go at the time :?

I have more or less in big capital letters said I want an epidural the minute I set foot in hospital,lol but i bet they wont give til I am begging for it....I am shiting the birth so am defo having one.

I reckon this time round will be well quick for you Tam

with Rebecca it took between 13-15 attempts for them to get the right place. I was black and blue on my back. Everytime they inserted the needle my whole body jerked as it was hitting nerves-not pleasant but once it was in.....ahhhh heaven. Pain free :D

After my bad experience with epi, I still want one next time round well worth it :D

I am sure I am going to be screaming for it, I aint no hero :lol:

No medals for being a martyr, ur better making it as pain free as possible for yourself and baby :D

Push Tam Push!!

i had one with chloe, and was intending to have 1 with callum, but labour was 2 fast lol, i prefered without epi actually! just for the bonding after etc :D i was out of it with chloe!!

:lol: @ KX

Yvanne, your second labour was ace, send me the link :rofl:

my 2nd labour was bloody scary!!! 24 hrs in total but only 45mins in 3rd stage of labour :shock:

I only want the link to the last stage :lol:

see the run up wasnae 2 bad hun!!! was sittin eatin my tea watchin hollyoaks on my birthin ball :rofl:

:lol: that's what I like to hear, you don't have to miss out....

I would never agree to have one of to these as i hate needles my last two labours have been gas and air and pethadine and i have been told as the pethadine is so small to administer that they dont leave you have if you are having a homebirth so im sure i will manage will just gas and air

i dont think they should offer us anything as years ago there wasnt anything like this about i wonder how mothers coped during labour i bet that must have been extremely painful oucchh

spunky xx

If they insist on me having a natural birth i want an epidural as soon as the contractions start i'm in enough pain with the damned spd without contractions as well. I hope my consultant is sympathetic like yours tam and at the very least will induce early, cos i'm struggling more and more. :cry:

Yvanne said:
see the run up wasnae 2 bad hun!!! was sittin eatin my tea watchin hollyoaks on my birthin ball :rofl:

I remember it like it was yesterday! I was so close behind you I was rooting for Callum to make his appearance. I don't watch the soaps and just used to play Babywatch on the foum instead! :lol:

so do i hun!!!lol made my last post about 6 hours before i gave birth :oops: :rofl:

Mummy2twoplusbump said:
If they insist on me having a natural birth i want an epidural as soon as the contractions start i'm in enough pain with the damned spd without contractions as well. I hope my consultant is sympathetic like yours tam and at the very least will induce early, cos i'm struggling more and more. :cry:

My consultant told me they would not induce just because of SPD (earlier in the pregnancy) but this particular day I went in, they saw how bad I was and how desperate :oops: and asked me what I wanted them to do, so I replied "I want you to get him out of me as soon as possible" :oops: She agreed there and then, but said they would not touch me sooner than 37+2 as you need to make sure he is passed the 37 weeks stage for the best chances of his little lungs being ready....

So all I can say to you babe, is give it your best shot and ask....the worst they can say is no, but if you explain everything you might strike gold. Another thing that helped me is I told them I have an 8yr old who looks after me more than I look after her :cry: and my OH is out of the house for 14hrs of the day and works 3hrs away, so I have no support at all during the week. I was very lucky and since I have been told they will bring me on, I feel so much better knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel......

Best of luck babe! x

I'm just going have to lay it on thick with consultant but don't hold out much hope. My biggest concern is ds was assisted delivery as he was distressed as cord compressing neck. Same happened with dd but she popped out that quick got cord round neck and didn't need assissted. I'm going to have to do it all on all fours due to restricted leg movemnt so am really concerned if need assissted as will be stuck if they need quick access (so to speak). Last 2 were early so am hoping the same will happen but knowing my luck will be late. I go see consultant in 3 weeks so just keeping fingers crossed.

Well there is no way I can get on all fours, so I have no choce but to be on my back and hope my legs give me a bit of a break, coz when they are bad, I can't move them when lying down :shock:

I didn't have a consultants appointment the day I went to see her, Paul phoned up that morning explaining to the MW on duty in the clinic how bad I was (I could barely walk the night before and I had to keep Jade off school as I couldn't even get out of bed) and they told me to go in......so that may have helped too?

Good luck anyway hun! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->