Episiotomy/Tearing after Breast Implants: did you need antibiotics?

Dibbles

Reaction score
Hi there :)

I'm waiting for an answer from my PS but in the meantime has anyone given birth naturally after getting breast implants?

Were you told to take antibiotics if you got an episiotomy or tore?

Sorry if it is a TMI question but am getting worried.

Thank you for you help.

I'm sorry but what connection is there between breast implants and vaginal delivery?

Prophylaxy infection :/

Just incase anyone was wondering: Heard back from PS and she said it is a low risk but better to take antibiotics just in case.

Ah. My sister had antibiotics after her labour (she had new implants) and she assumed it was because she haemorrhaged.

Interesting! Is this an issue with new implants or all implants? How long do you have to have them for this to be an issue?

My cousin has breast implants and she had horrible tearing with both of her babies (both babies were over 9lbs, and she's petite, only about 110lbs!)
She had to take antibiotics afterwards as a precaution. :hugs:

I have breast implants and had an episiotomy and a third degree tear. I didn't take any antibiotics after.

I think it has something to do with the timing of the implants? My cousin's were fairly new, she only just got them before finding out she was pregnant, so it was a precaution for her, but I believe for people who have had them a while (not sure exactly how long) they don't do it. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->