Ergh still worried!!!

Wriggley

Reaction score
So some of you may have read my thread about how Zacoiya has been taking less milk resently here link:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/520734-please-help-really-worried-lo-updated.html

i rang HV who said that it sounds like hes found the amount he needs now so i accepted this.

Well this weekend he is taken even less - saturday night he went to bed at 9:30 - woke up next morning at 7:45 and took 1 oz!

then he had a bottle at 10:30 and took 6 oz then after that he will only take like 2 oz! every few hours! so far today hes taken 17 oz and only due for one more bottle before bed - he has always had 6 bottles in 24 hours but today hes so far only had 4! and not even full feeds.

Hes just as happy and content as always but just not interested in his bottles

Maybe he's having a not so hungry day? We all have days when we're not so hungry.

But you're right to be worried. I'd be concerned if Avery took so little and she's only one month. Hopefully he doesn't decide to get hungry in the middle of the night.

Maybe he's having a not so hungry day? We all have days when we're not so hungry.

But you're right to be worried. I'd be concerned if Avery took so little and she's only one month. Hopefully he doesn't decide to get hungry in the middle of the night.

he was same friday and saturday so hes had 3 not hungry days just not like him :(

Jake's been gradually drink less over the last few days too, i'm not worried though as he's still drinking 'some' milk at regular intervals and he's happy :)

Ava has been the exact same the past few days. She will have 1oz then have the whole bottle a few hours later, sleeping lots too. When Ava ha a cold and I took her to the hospital I mentioned she was barely feeding, they said as long as she is still feeding and having wee's then they are fine.

Try not to worry too much hun, as long as he is drinking something that is the main thing, maybe try offering smaller amounts every hour? That is what we were suggested to do, as we normally fed her every four hours. x

Hi hun, they go through phases. Omar was never a big drinker & he's not a big eater or drinker now. It never affected his growth or development. They drink what they need. Omar's average at 2 months was 5 bottle around 3-4 oz each. At 12 weeks he started to sleep through for 12 hrs without feeds in between & he used to take 4 bottle (one every 4hrs). His average was 18-20 oz at 3 months. At 4 months he went for a max of 24 oz, then he started to drop his milk intake at 5 months. As long as your LO is happy with what he's taking, alert & having wet nappies, there is nothing to worry about. SOme babies are not big drinkers. Try to feed him in a dark room with no distractions when he's tired, leave a gap of 3-4 hrs between feeds, & try to feed him lying down on a pillow (to elevate his upper body) on your bed instead of holding him to feed. Some babies get over stimulated at this age. Until now Omar will not drink his milk if there is distraction like noise, light or ppl around him.

My baby has been like that for the last 3 weeks or so. Some days she will eat every 3 hours but others she will have about 3 feeds in a whole day and two at night.

She doesn't cry with hunger and is gaining weight, so I guess its ok? :shrug:

Hope you find a reason and your LO is ok, Hugs xx

thanks girlies :hugs: just put him down for night and he had a full 6oz which has taken him over the 20oz mark so im happy with that :_)

Hi hun, they go through phases. Omar was never a big drinker & he's not a big eater or drinker now. It never affected his growth or development. They drink what they need. Omar's average at 2 months was 5 bottle around 3-4 oz each. At 12 weeks he started to sleep through for 12 hrs without feeds in between & he used to take 4 bottle (one every 4hrs). His average was 18-20 oz at 3 months. At 4 months he went for a max of 24 oz, then he started to drop his milk intake at 5 months. As long as your LO is happy with what he's taking, alert & having wet nappies, there is nothing to worry about. SOme babies are not big drinkers. Try to feed him in a dark room with no distractions when he's tired, leave a gap of 3-4 hrs between feeds, & try to feed him lying down on a pillow (to elevate his upper body) on your bed instead of holding him to feed. Some babies get over stimulated at this age. Until now Omar will not drink his milk if there is distraction like noise, light or ppl around him.

Great advice!

My LO has done this twice-she is just over 3mths. Eah time it lasted about four days. Eating approx 15 to 20 oz compared to usual approx 35 to 40oz. The first time I took her to the gp for a thorough examintion with no remarkable concerns. It didnt wrry me the second time as she was still happy within herself.

Hopefully your LO is also just going through a phase!:thumbup:

i'm going to tell you not to worry (but i worry myself sick sometimes about the same thing!)

my 4 month old takes on average 23oz a day - but we really 'insist' that she take it (not force her, but encourage her!) by her last bottle we end up dream feeding her!

she's tiny, bobs above and below the 9th centile..........but, she's happy, alert has plenty of wet nappies etc!

i know she's fine and healthy but i always worry - always! it's normal!

i used to count each bottle and freak if she had say, 22oz - i've posted on here about her lack of appetite. but, i've chilled out and try not to obsess over it and it's getting easier!

(wish i listened to my own advice!)

xx

Connie is a similar age and is doing the same with bottles varrying her amounts so much apart from the last one at night she seems to still want most of it but it can be a fight to start with x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->