Essential Oils I need to be wary of?

lili_angel

New Mummy!! Can't Wait!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Seeing as I can't afford the big spa treatments I thought I would treat myself to the Sanctuary Spa range as they're on a 3 for 2 at Boots. I was wondering if there were any essential oils I need to stay clear of?

Cheers!!!

:hugs:

I think its the pure essential oils you have to be careful of.

I know you can't use Clary Sage early in pregnancy as it can be used to bring on labour in later stages and also Rose but these are added to bubble baths such as Radox and I use those as they are such a small amount.

Worth checking with a qualified therapist though

xx

Its just essential oils hun, most products dont have essential oils in them, just the fragrance.

Id refrain from using ANY essential oils until you speak with your therapist hun.

Sanctury do a 'mum-to-be' range!! Some lovely products and they must be fine if they're targeting pregnant women :)
They'll be by the baby stuff in Boots... the moisteriser body butter is looovely xx

Yes, definately stick with products that have essential oils IN them. Do not use pure essential oils. I wouldn't mess with diluting them myself either. Almost all of them contain irritating natural compounds that even non-pregnant people need to be aware of when they use them. Some are really dangerous (wintergreen) and some are just irritating or photosensitizing if not diluted properly (lemon). I personally wouldn't mess with any of them right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->