Ever been stung?

amandad192

mum to 2
Reaction score
By a bee, wasp etc. ?

The first time I was stung I was about 8/9. My little sisters playgroup had a beach trip arranged on a day I had off school (Inset day) so I got to go too. We were on the beach and this big thing landed on my shorts. It was bigger than an bee and pure black. I screamed and ran to my mum but it wouldn't fly off. My mum pulled my shorts dwn in front of every one and the thing flew up and stung me on the finger.
The second time I was about 11. We were in the park playing a cross between football and rugby. I had the ball and my sister pushed me to get me to drop the ball but I fell and landed on a wasp. I had to grab the wasp and pull it out of my arm.
The third time I was 15. I was walking down the road from my school to the gym and a wasp flew towards me. I ducked out of its way but it got stung between my coat and my neck and stung me twice. My neck went really swollen and I nearly passed out.

Since the last time I have had a serious fear of bees and wasps. I will run into the road to avoid them without even thinking. I HATE going out in the summer. If a wasp is near me I wrap my hands around my neck so that IF I do get stung it's not on the neck. OH thinks it's pathetic, he is allergic to sting and doesn't run away. But I can't control my reaction. I panic.

When and where were you stung?:flower:

i was stung when i was about 9 or 10 i was afraid before that tho.. so i have no idea how it happened i'm always REALLY careful about them aha.. i'm pathetic aswell lol i just run around screaming frantically if i even see one.. i keep all my doors and windows shut in summer! i pulled all the "pretty" flowers up in my garden to reduce the chance of one flying by! lol and i wont drink from anything that doesn't have a lid! (like a can etc) incase one has flown in.... lol

i was stung when i was about 9 or 10 i was afraid before that tho.. so i have no idea how it happened i'm always REALLY careful about them aha.. i'm pathetic aswell lol i just run around screaming frantically if i even see one.. i keep all my doors and windows shut in summer! i pulled all the "pretty" flowers up in my garden to reduce the chance of one flying by! lol and i wont drink from anything that doesn't have a lid! (like a can etc) incase one has flown in.... lol

I try to but OH opens them all. I've seen a few flying around so I've got my bottle of killer in easy reach incase one gets in.
A couple of years ago I was cooking and a wasp flew in the window. I had to knock next door and get my neighbour to get rid of it for me so the food didn't burn. I was sooo embarrased.

I'm dreading when Liam is older and asks me to get rid of a wasp (or even a spider) from his bedroom. I won't be able to do it. :cry:

I stood on a wasp's nest by mistake when I was about 9 or 10. It was overhanging a stream which me and my friends had built a rope swing over. I was reaching for the ropey, and hit the nest with my foot (I think, it's all a bit blurry :blush:) I felt something hurt my ankle, thought I'd scratched it on some heather, looked down and there were wasps crawling up my foot :sick:

I was stung multiple times, up my legs, back and the worst one was just behind my ear. I was really lucky that I didn't need to go to hospital :blush: To this day I am petrified of wasps, and any flying insect.

I got stung again for the first time since then just last year - I was getting my little girl out of her carseat and there was obviously one in the car. It stung me right on the joint of my pinky and was horrendously painful. Almost wish it hadn't been such a bad place, if it'd been a little more fleshy then I might have had some kind of breakthrough about wasp stings not being that bad :rofl:

I was stung when I was about 14 maybe 15.. by a wasp, and god it was painful. I trod on it and it kept on stinging and stinging, I was prancing around the living room screaming and crying, my Grandma was doing the same as she hates them :haha: and my Mum was trying to knock it out my foot with a magazine... which didnt work it just made it worse!! My foot went so swollen and I went home to bed with some medicene feeling sorry for myself LOL!

I got stung on the lip when riding my bike at about 11yrs old but it's never made me scared of bees.

Wasps however are not to be trusted and I fear they will, one day, bring about the end of the world :haha:

Actually, I had been trying to pursuade DW that keeping bees would be fun. That idea got put on the back burner when we got the :bfp: though :)

I've never been stung! I must smell or something :haha:

My sister got stung though, in the corner of her eye. Ouch!

I sat on a wasp when I was about 8. It stung me right on the crease between my bum cheek and the top of my leg, I couldnt walk properly so my friends carried me home to my mum :haha:. I absolutley HATE anything that flies now, I must look like a right loon in the summer when i'm walking down the road throwing myself about because something is flying towards me :blush:

I put my hand on a bee when i was young :dohh: didnt see it in the grass. Ive got a scar on my palm where it went in.

I have been stung once when i was about 14 on my thigh, i think it was a wasp.

It bloody hurt.

V xxx

I've never been stung either.. I'm terrified of getting stung now lol

I got stung by a wasp in work - right on the belly!! I was traumatised for weeks and it was sore as ****!!! I had bent down to get something and trapped it in my top! Ouch!! I've still got a tiny mark left :( hate wasps!

twice!

first time i just got into my bed and felt something on my leg so went to itch it and got the most awful pain in my thigh! looked down and seen a half dead wasp!! omg i screamed like a b!tch!!

second time was not so long ago and i was walking back through from the kitchen when i felt a searing pain on my big toe! looked down and seen a wasp hanging on my sock! omg it was sorer than the first time!! even a ice pack didnt even help! took days for the pain and swelling to go away!

stupid pointless things!! they just cause pain!!!

I've never been stung either.. I'm terrified of getting stung now lol

Yep, same here. Theses stories are scary! I'm overly wary of wasps anyway-evil buggers. Strange really, when I was a kid I just stood still if they landed on me and it didnt bother me.

When my mums 2nd husband swallowed one that flew into his can of beer it was a shock...he wasn't a very nice person though so it's not so bad :thumbup:

I've never been stung and I don't ever want to be. I have a MASSIVE fear of bees and wasps. I hate them. I scream, flap my arms, run, when I see one. :lol:

I've never been stung and I don't ever want to be. I have a MASSIVE fear of bees and wasps. I hate them. I scream, flap my arms, run, when I see one. :lol:

Same... and for the past 2 summers I've had a wasp nest outside my back door :( my kitchen is an extension (flat roof) and the buggers are under the roofing somewhere!!

Same... and for the past 2 summers I've had a wasp nest outside my back door :( my kitchen is an extension (flat roof) and the buggers are under the roofing somewhere!!

Blurg!! I hate them!! We had a wasps nest in our old house, I'm so glad we moved. We couldn't even go outside I was too scared :lol:

I got stung when I was about 8, I was in town with my mum and her friend I didn't feel the sting but when I went into a changing room noticed my face was going blue so casually asked my mums friend what was wrong to which she starting screaming for someone to help (omg I was embarrassed) and then screamed across to the other side of town (my mum had gone somewhere else). Went to the hospital was treated and went home an hour or so later. Was such an embarrassing day :rofl:

I've been stung on the hand, behind the ear, and on my arm by wasps. They all hurt like HELL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->