Ever get this devil...

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
...which makes you think 'why should I wait?'

Right - Hear me out here because it's really vital that no one thinks I am endorsing this or saying I will do it - It would be unfair, selfish and damn right (potentially) relationship ending, not to even mention how horrible it could be for babs if the proverbial shite hit the fan, and I AM NOT planning to but...

Right, disclaimer out the way, with wtt girls who are waiting for hubby/partner to be ready, do you ever think of just 'grabbing the bull by the horns' and getting pregnant regardless? As I said - it is selfish and could lead to disaster, but honestly, does it not ever cross your mind? That they would be fine if it happened?, or that feeling is just so strong and all consuming you think why not?

I don't really think like that, but.... I do get annoyed when I see other people get pregnant by 'accident' in much worse situations than ours, and then I think 'I wish we could have an accident'.

Well, in my case its not a case of hubby not being ready. But if it was the case, I just couldn't, why? It would feel like being unfaithful to him. Another reason? He wouldn't be happy during pregnancy, I bet we would argue about who's to blame, why it has happened (he is so overcareful (in everything not just contraception) it would be very hard to have an accident with him to not say impossible). I couldn't be pregnant if he's not behind me and happy.

I admit that this crossed my mind (very briefly) when we were waiting to try, but I knew that the experience of pregnancy and becoming parents together would be diminished. When I finally get to run down the stairs screaming and waving a positive HPT in my hand, I need his reaction to be one of excitement, not shock and "how the hell did this happen?" Even if he was excited, I know I'd always feel terrible for deceiving him. This could potentially destroy a relationship.

There's no better feeling than trying when you're both ready and excited to be parents. Hang in there girls!

I've never experienced it for those reasons before, but I remember several times when we were WTT for Alex just thinking sod it, I know we haven't got enough money etc, but I want a baby now! And now that we really shouldn't have any more (due to quite disasterous pregnancy last time) I still sometimes think oh but another baby would be lovely! I guess it's only natural that we think like that from time to time - you just have to learn not to act on it:)

I know that feeling of frustration well but like the others have said I couldn't deceive dh like that. I want him to be excited and looking forward to bfp. Bloomin men, why can't they be as ready as we are!

All the bloody time :rofl:
Theres nothing physicaly stopping us apart from him not being ready and think well he wants them anyway so why not sooner rather that later.

Yeah, I get those sneaky thoughts now and again - I'd never deceive OH like that, but I have to admit it's crossed my mind now and again, as a hypothetical.

We're only human! :D

yes me as well - every morning when I take my pill but he is coming round - HOPEFULLY

Plus I'd never deceive OH like that

What a bunch of honest ladies we are! As I said, I wouldn't either but it does tempt me every now and again. Just as well he had me 'done' with the implant. :rofl:

I absolutely get that feeling all the time - it's so hard to take the pill every morning, knowing that doing so is what is stopping me from having the thing i want most in the world. I actually think it has got worse as the time to ttc gets closer, because i think we're both ready, so what difference would it make if it happened a month or two sooner! obviously, would never do something so deceitful, and now i have only 2 more weeks of pills before i stop, so the end is in sight. or is it just the beginning...?

I don't really think like that, but.... I do get annoyed when I see other people get pregnant by 'accident' in much worse situations than ours, and then I think 'I wish we could have an accident'.

i know that feeling too. Sometimes I do wish we could have an accident. At the moment with the wedding only 9 mo away, getting preg now wouldn't be a good idea since my dress is ordered already. But, if that little accident were to happen a few months before the wedding, it wouldn't bother me.

Yep, i get those thoughts all the time! (copy and paste "id never really do it tho" disclaimer as in 1st post)

I had the implant too, but it was whizzing way too many hormones around my body & turning me into a crazy person! And i believe it made those "sod it" feelings even stronger, which in turn made me even more crazy because i had absolutely no control or say in it, and i just felt like a puppet on a string, doing what i was told. So i got it removed. I still have those crazy "sod it" thoughts, but they arent so bad now, maybe because i have more control of things? (Repeat disclaimer: i would NEVER do it tho! lol!)

It has crossed my mind, in so much that if i did fall pregnant by actual accident, would he think i did it behind his back?

I would never ever attempt to conceive without his consent though, i have been the child of that kind of conception and my parents divorced when i was nearly 3, not for that reason alone but it certainly didn't help the relationship!

In fact he was the one that prompted the question for TTC and i suspect he will do again for no.2

yes - i get the - while are we waiting??? devil all the time, not that i'm waiting for OH, but i do think, oh gosh really do we have to wait :dohh:

always always feel like this - and we all know that if it did end up happening - even if it took oh ages to get round the idea, there would be a beautiful baby and the end of it and we'd love it so much - just as much as if we had it at the specific planned time.

can we really ever been completely ready anyway?
if oh felt the same way as me, we would just be "grabbing the bull by the horns" - but he doesnt - but thats men! - everything needs to be so well structured n stuff!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->