Ever wonder how we keep the Santa idea going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Honestly, we tell our kids that Santa makes all the toys for all the girls and boys, but, lo and behold, why are all the toys they want in a toy store ready for people to purchase?

It's amazing how there are some things they just don't pick up on that makes them go....hmmm.

My mum used to tell me that she bought them, wrapped them and sent them to santa! It makes no sense really but I always believed it :D

I was two before I figured out that the whole thing made no sense at all, I found it embarrassing that my older sisters did not figure it out sooner and that I had to lie to them. I also wondered why my parents told me a fat man broke into the house and stole our mince pies before drinking and flying or that I had to sit on a strangers knee to get toys but could not take candy from strangers. :dohh:

tell the kids toys are there for u to buy to help santa out , buying presents for other children
i was told santa wasnt real bout five/six but up untill then always got told thry bought em and sent em to santa, thomas gran puts presents under tree before xmas and tells them santa just comes to check the presents and make sure they are alright

i prefer santa makes em and bring em xmas even when ur asleep

I never told my kids Santa made the toys, I told them mummy and daddy give Santa the money and he buys them from a special Santa store. Mummy and daddy get to visit Santa 1 month before Christmas and tell him all the things Dan and Dec (just Dec the past 2 years) would like, then Santa watches and listens for other little surprises he can bring. :) This has worked well for us :)

I think my parents told us that Santa made the toys that are in the shops too. those elves must be busy!! hee hee!

Yeah the elves make all the toys in the shops for mummy & daddy to buy. But Santa tells mummy & daddy if you've been naughty or good cos the elves see everything ;)

We had a book in which all toys were made at father chrismas' place up in Lappland :D

My mum used to tell me that she bought them, wrapped them and sent them to santa! It makes no sense really but I always believed it :D

This was my Mum's story, and will be our story for Tegan :)

We always got presents from Santa and presents from grandparents and aunties & uncles. My parents would buy presents for our cousins so we just presumed everyone was Christmas shopping for extended family.

That's what we've told our 6yo DS who has started asking questions ... I think someone at school has been talking :growlmad:

He seems fairly happy with the answer although I'm sure he's humouring us as much as himself :haha:

That's what we've told our 6yo DS who has started asking questions ... I think someone at school has been talking :growlmad:

He seems fairly happy with the answer although I'm sure he's humouring us as much as himself :haha:

Well tell ours that People (like family members and me and OH etc) get them stuff and wrap it up and either send it to Santa so that if they've been good Santa will bring it to them on Christmas eve ...

..or i will leave them out and Santa will either put them under the tree with 'his' stuff or take it away for other children if they've been naughty :haha:
(they know that's not really going to happen tho!)

Then Santa will get them something they've asked for if they've been good ...(it winds OH up because Santa gets all the credit for getting them the good stuff!) lol

My eldest is 7 and still fully believes it all :winkwink:

Someone (my 7 year old cousin) told my 7 year old DD Santa wasn't real and that her mum and dad got her the presents :growlmad:

I explained that because she didn't 'believe' in the magic of Christmas and in Santa that he had probably refused to go to her house so her mum and dad 'had' to get her present for her or she would have nothing. :kiss:

Someone (my 7 year old cousin) told my 7 year old DD Santa wasn't real and that her mum and dad got her the presents :growlmad:

I explained that because she didn't 'believe' in the magic of Christmas and in Santa that he had probably refused to go to her house so her mum and dad 'had' to get her present for her or she would have nothing. :kiss:

That's a good idea Cariad ... I've told him something similar about the tooth fairy :haha:

i can't remember what u was told, just that father christmas got the presents i guess. i think kids want to believe so they will if that makes sense. but i rememebr one year i guess i was about 7 and was beginning to doubt it, and we were staying with my grandparents for christmas. my grandad had put signs up for FC and one said "park your raindeers here" so my aunt came round in the middle of the night and dumped a bucket of horse manure there! his face was a picture in the morning! def made me beleive for a another year tho!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->