Ever wonder if your baby will be cute?

I always want my girl to look like me cause my DH has a sister that looks sort of like him since all his siblings look alike, but we do not talk to her (drugs and just being crazy... we have tried for YEARS and we are done). if anyone says our daughter/s looks like her... I will really get annoyed and will probably respond with "Oh, she looks exactly like her daddy, not his sister." I just cannot help it.

But DH and I were just little brown (he was fuzzy :)) babies, nothing super adorable. but then again, most newborns are not the cutest.. so I really wonder lol. I will love our baby of course haha. But still it is funny to wonder what he/she will look like.

Yep! My scan it did not look pretty lol x

EDIT: But then neither did my dd at her 12 or 20 week and she's a beauty :D

I have always assumed they'll be gorgeous :laugh2:. Have been right with two so far lol.

All newborns look like aliens as soon as they are born :haha: but they will always be cute to their patents.
I like to think I make cute babies but I'm just biased :p all babies are cute.

I didn't realise cesarean babies look different to vaginal delivery babies ... Do the heads really get that squishy and odd shaped?

I didn't realise cesarean babies look different to vaginal delivery babies ... Do the heads really get that squishy and odd shaped?
No, my 2nd son came out with a perfectly rounded head. ( I only pushed for 8 minutes so his head wasn't squished in there for long ) 1st bubs face was swollen but not squished up :)

I hoped my LO didn't have a red fat face when he was born lol, he did but I didn't care. I've not really thought about it this time although I do think about what baby will look like

I'm so curious to see what our LO looks like! I know it's so shallow but I really hope s/he is cute. I've heard lots of people comment about other people's newborns, about how the babies are not cute and I'd hate to think anyone would talk about my baby like that!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks newborns are not really that cute, especially the ones delivered vaginally! When I first saw dd, I thought she was the strangest looking thing I ever saw. She looked like an angry little tomato. The docs had a hard time getting her out, so she had the cone head with a ginormous hump on the side of her head.

She looked at me like I was strange looking too! Right after she was born she stopped crying and had a look on her face like "WTF??? THIS is my mom!!"

For some reason your post has made me gushy and in aw CaliDreaming! Haha.

I'm praying our baby looks like my OH he was such a cute baby with chubby cheeky chops and dimples! I personally think alot of newborns are really cute :p I love the sulky squishy faces!

I personally think there are cute newborns out there. I always thought my brother and sister had cute newborn photos but my mom didn't take any at the hospital so the earliest photos of us are when we're a week old. ON my side of the family, my niece and nephew were very adorable right away. On my dh's side they were a little, um, strange looking. It took them a few months to get cute.

In the beginning the babies look like corpses until they get oxygen in them. The first photos of DS he has the greyest, purplest skin. It's really quite disturbing. lol But once he pinked up he was pretty cute, IMO. He got even cuter once the jaundice left.

In the beginning the babies look like corpses until they get oxygen in them. The first photos of DS he has the greyest, purplest skin. It's really quite disturbing. lol But once he pinked up he was pretty cute, IMO. He got even cuter once the jaundice left.

The corpse thing is so true! I was in my L&D rotation in nursing school and saw a baby born for the first time... and the mom was like "what is wrong with her, why is she blue" (she was grayish) and even I was like uhhhhh.... is this normal? lol. And of course, she cried and pinked up... but it was kind of scary! I will have to prep DH for the day so that he does not get all worried when the baby isn't pink right away.

I had a section under general anaesthesia so by the time I woke up DS was quite pink already. I do wonder if I had been awake if I would have noticed the grey colour or if I would have just been happy to see him and not notice (though I had read about the grey colouring beforehand)

Neither of my babies were grey / blue when born, I hadn't realised that was a normal thing! Mine were pink from the second they came out.

My dd newborn (even I knew she was not pretty lol) :shrug: and now (well that picture might be a year old or so but she's still as pretty) :flower:

Attachments

• 328955_10150912837290377_1489848916_o.jpg
    328955_10150912837290377_1489848916_o.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 308433_10150912837130377_714480738_n.jpg
    308433_10150912837130377_714480738_n.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 5
  • 335597_10150912838515377_144385752_o.jpg
    335597_10150912838515377_144385752_o.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 337433_10150912837870377_595675656_o.jpg
    337433_10150912837870377_595675656_o.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 546769_4101657952007_803758567_n.jpg
    546769_4101657952007_803758567_n.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 6
Nope. My gorgeous Princess is proof that Hubster and I make beautiful babies!! Ha ha.
All parents think their children are beautiful and all parents are right.

I have always wondered and worried. Never thought about it till I saw a truly ugly baby once. I thought they were all cute!
One of the reasons I worry is my hubby was not a cute baby, although he grew up into a handsome man :D shhhh dont tell my MIL that I think that.

I also think it is because of how judgmental my mother was. I find myself assessing peoples conformation (as if they were a horse) and I have some strange fascination with facial features that I put in categories, like people who have teeth like my dad, and people who have a jaw/smile like Carley, it isnt MEAN or BAD things, just these similarities I notice...) I know I will fall in love with my baby if we make it that far. And I will prob think it is the cutest dang thing ever

Me and my friend were pregnant at the same time and we always teased each other that we'd have ugly babies. We didn't as it turned out :haha:

Hey didn't read the whole thread, just read the first post and am responding.

Oh, this question resonates so much with me! The night I got my positive result, I was bawling on and off for all sorts of reasons. At some points in the night I was sniffling and saying, "It won't be as cute as [my baby nephew]! He's so smart and clever and gorgeous! I can't make a baby as cute as that!" My little sister really did raise the bar on cute babies with my nephew. He's incredible, one of the smartest, most switched on babies I have ever met, with giant blue eyes and the prettiest full-lipped mouth, chubby cheeks, pointed little nose, adorable laugh. He's friggin' perfect! LOL! (No, I don't resent the kid, I love him very dearly!)

But WOW, do I feel the pressure now! Especially since I really wasn't a very cute baby, I don't think. Everyone sort of laughed and told me not to be silly, that everyone will love the baby.

Then I have the same sort of moment with my cat. I hold her, and I say to my Mum, "I hope I think the baby is as cute as I think the cat is." Mum tends to laugh at me in those moments.

I always feel like a bad person or that I'd be a bad mother, because I have those moments of worry or doubt. But there's a lot of stuff that goes through our heads, I think, when something as huge as pregnancy happens. Auditing our thoughts too closely probably isn't too helpful.

But I don't think it's a strange or unusual thought to have! I know I've had a few silly worries myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->