Everybody says its a boy..

OhhBabyBump

#2 on the way!♥
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first time on here. My story in short--im 33 weeks along with our first child. We didnt want to find out the gender at the 20 week ultrasound..i think i didnt want to because i was afraid of them saying "its a boy!!". Ever since i found out i was pregnant i REALLY wanted a girl. Ive been telling everybody i want a boy because i have a feeling its a boy and i didnt want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed. Now everytime i tell someone were waiting to find out the sex (ive just started showing enough that strangers recognize im pregnant) theyre like "oh you cant tell youre pregnant from behind, its going to be a boy!" or "your bellys kind of pointed, its going to be a boy!" or even my doctor saying "the heartbeat's on the low side you know what that means, start buying blue!". Nobody has ever said its going to be a girl. And i keep dreaming of a girl..i guess i dont really have a question i just wanted to finally get it all out there and off my chest. Thanks for whoever listens!

Dont worry hun they are just old wives tales really, I hope you get your girly. Has anyone guessed by your scan.photo yet going by the nub theory? x

Well at the 20 week scan, his/her legs were crossed so we couldnt have found out anyways. The ultrasound tech didnt even give us a potty shot of our LO to take home, just the side profile picture!

Do you have a pic of your 12 week scan? I wouldn't worry too much about bump shape etc. I kept being told I was having a girl with my first baby as I was rounded all over but he's a boy! It's all old wives tales really. And believe me, even if baby is a boy, you'll fall in love with him once he's here. I didn't have a preference with my first baby, but I wanted a girl for my second but ended up having twin boys! But the moment I found out that I was carrying identical twins and that the risk was high and things could go wrong, I didn't care about gender - I just wanted my babies to arrive safe and sound. And once they were born, I was totally in love with them.

Try not to dwell too much on what others say. With my first child, everybody told me it would be a big bouncing boy, from the Asian man I met in a chinese restaurant, to my 85 year old grandmother. My stepdad even said he could see the penis in the ultrasound video. I had even convinced myself. What a shock when a girl was born! Now I have 3 of them! As for the heartrate, my 3rd DD had a rate of 136 at 33 weeks which is supposedly low and indicates a boy...she is all girl! You still have a 50:50 chance...don't get too caught up in the guesses from others...they are exactly that...GUESSES.

Yeauh, ive been trying not to take all the old wives' tales too seriously, i know theyre just unproven theories. Its just tough when everybodys spitting out its a boy and not one person has said its a girl!! Haha.. Chetnazz, no, i didnt even get a 12 week scan, just a 20 week! And i know what you mean, i know im going to love him/her no matter what, i mean i already love this little thing and i dont know whether its a boy or girl, so i guess that does say something:) in the end i know id rather want a healthy boy than an unhealthy girl. I know that if s/he is healthy is all that matters and i should be focusing on that more. Thanks you guys for listening and letting me get this off my chest!

They're just old wives tales... I so wanted a boy so everyone teased me and said it was going to be a girl, but nope, boy :)
If it's a boy don't be disappointed, boys are awesome. They love their mommies so much :)

Everyone thought I was going to have a boy too, since I have 4 brothers and no sisters, and my husband had 4 brothers and no sisters as well. People still mostly guess boy from my bump, which is mostly just straight out. You can't tell from the back I'm preggers.Doesn't look like I've gained weight anywhere else, though I've gained 30 pounds (ugh!)
I assumed I would be having a boy, so I put it in my head from the get go and started even thinking fondly of the little boy I just knew I would have. When the ultrasound tech said it was a girl, my husband and I were both in shock. I kept asking was she sure.?! I was so happy, and teared up. I really wanted a girl, but was going to be fine if baby was a boy. I just knew i wanted a girl someday. So even if everyone says you are having a boy, doesn't mean you are lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->