• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone does drugs.

D

deafgal

Do you agree with this statement? I don't because my husband never drank , smoked, or did drugs. (Unless you want to count medications...and even with that, he doesn't really like taking them. His drugs is computer games though)

The worst I've done is cigerette but I only smoked for three years. I do have a sip of alcohol like once every 2 years or so.

But time and time again, people keep making statements like this.

It's a blanket statement - I don't think there is anybody who believes that every single person in the world does drugs.

I know many people who have and many people who haven't.

Most people frequently use one of the most addictive drugs on the planet: caffeine!

I think the statement is meant more as a way to point out that drugs are common (which they are). A lot of people hear the word "drugs" and think of someone shooting heroin or smoking a joint, when that's certainly not always the case.

I agree. We were talking about an actor who died of drugs (from Glee) and a person asked why the good ones always die of drugs. One person chimed in and wrote everyone does drugs...just that they have the money to overdo it. And everyone else chimed in agreeing with her (and praising her)

Well, anyone can overdose from drugs if you mix it incorrectly enough.

I suppose it comes down to your Definition of drugs. If you count "legal" drugs then sure, everyone does to an extent.

But when discussing "drugs" I usually mean illegal ones, or prescription drugs taken by someone for whom they aren't prescribed. Not everyone does that. I've never touched an illegal drug in my life and have no intention of doing so.

Who is "they"?
No I dont think every one does I know plenty that dont. Not even prescription ones.

Some facebook friends.

And I seen it on forums plenty of times.

No not everyone.
My SIL would never touch anything like that, doesn't smoke or even have coffee.
I think she may 1-2 diluted alcohol drinks a year and that's it.
The scene I was around as a teenager had a lot of the "straight edge" skater type lot and they never did drugs, smoked or even drank, don't know what they grew up to do but I still see a couple of them and they don't touch anything.

I don't think it's about money. My city is notorious for having a section of downtown that is completely inhabited by homeless drug addicts. There are thousands of them. None of them have homes or new clothes or anything, really, because they spend what little money they do have on drugs.

Overdoses can happen for a many number of reasons and it's not always about taking a ridiculous amount of drugs at once. It could be mixing two drugs or even taking the regular dose of your chosen drug in a different location. Or, in the case of the Glee actor, it sounds like he had just gotten out of rehab and been clean for a while. Perhaps he had the same dose as he would've taken when he was using regularly and his body was no longer conditioned to handle it.

People die of drug overdoses all the time but no one really pays attention until it's a celebrity.

I've never had a cigarette in my life, never had a drug in my life (aside from OTC pain relief and things prescribed by doctors), and never drank to excess. I drink but very rarely, so I don't consider myself as someone that drinks.

My husband has had drugs in small amounts, very rarely. He has smoked sporadically, but never as a habit (only when drunk on a night out), and has only ever drank like I have; very rarely and in moderation. It's never been a part of his life, so to speak.

People may say you're no fun if you don't do these things, but I don't need substances to unwind or to have a laugh. I can make conversation and have a laugh without anything in my system, and I feel a bit sorry for people that feel that they can't. And I don't think it's about money either; celebrities may have problems with drugs, but so do people on the opposite end of the scale; those on benefits. If you need the money to fund a habit, you will find it.

My husband thinks everyone does drugs and was quite surprised when he met me and entered my world where nobody does drugs. Despite all the non-drug people I have introduced him to he still believes everyone does drugs except me and my friends, who somehow magically all found each other by some non-drug coincidence. He still doesn't seem to get a lot of people don't do drugs!!!!

My husband thinks everyone does drugs and was quite surprised when he met me and entered my world where nobody does drugs. Despite all the non-drug people I have introduced him to he still believes everyone does drugs except me and my friends, who somehow magically all found each other by some non-drug coincidence. He still doesn't seem to get a lot of people don't do drugs!!!!

LOL I don't know why I find this as funny as I do.

Nope. Its a blanket statement and completely not true.

xo

Thanks. This was what I was talking about. I am the opposite and find it shocking people like them exist... that they truly believe everyone does (illegal) drugs. But started questioning " Do majority of people do, or once did, drugs and we are the odd rare ones?" I know my friends have at least smoked a pot even if they only tried it once in their lifetime.

I have never smoked or done any illegal drugs, neither has my husband.

I don't know why but I am always surprised when I find out someone does drugs. I know it's a huge part of society, and I know it happens, but amongst my family and friends, with a couple of exceptions, it doesn't happen. I'm a bit sheltered I think; like if someone tells me they would know who to go to to get drugs, or to get a gun or whatever, it shocks me. I wouldn't know where to start if I ever wanted those things :haha:

Well if that's referring to how common illegal drugs are, then no it's not true, quite obviously. I don't feel they're necessarily wrong, but that's a different debate altogether.

If it considers all 'drugs' legal, illegal, and honorary (people sometimes refer to glucose as a drug, not sure if it is definable as one, same goes for endorphins for certain activities etc etc). In that case, I guess that yeah you would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't have some form of drug- associated vice, such as caffeine, but of course it isn't true for everyone by any means.

It always shocks me, actually, to find out people I know have done drugs. I guess I'm the opposite where I have the impression that no one outside of movies and bad neighborhoods are actually doing illegal activities. It kind of puts me off of people to find out that they've used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->