• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone does drugs.

It shocks me to find out people haven't ever tried any. I think I have the wrong kind of friends!

People die of drug overdoses all the time but no one really pays attention until it's a celebrity.

Very true.

As for "everyone does drugs", that's a false blanket statement. I think people who believe that just want to believe it's true.

It shocks me to find out people haven't ever tried any. I think I have the wrong kind of friends!

Really?
Are you including caffiene etc in that,or actual drugs?

I tried a cigarette when I was 25 and drunk but never felt the need to try anything else :haha::blush:

I think people who believe that just want to believe it's true.

I agree with this, and i think they want to believe its true so they don't have to take responsibility for their own actions.

And that applies to any scenario where people say "everybody does it"

Really?

I tried a cigarette when I was 25 and drunk but never felt the need to try anything else :haha::blush:

Actual drugs. Most people I know nowadays have at least tried something, some pretty regularly.

I've never tried illegal drugs or smoking and I stopped drinking alcohol when I was 21.

I think it depends on what your interpretation of drugs means. Illegal drugs, prescription or over the counter drugs, any stimulants or depressants that can be put in the body, any addiction be it in the body or the environment, like your computer games example.

I think people who believe that just want to believe it's true.

I agree with this, and i think they want to believe its true so they don't have to take responsibility for their own actions.

And that applies to any scenario where people say "everybody does it"
i agree; like they're trying to rationalise their own lifestyle. Well everyone does it, and those that say they don't must be lying. If I'd tried drugs I certainly wouldn't be ashamed to admit it, but I actually haven't and I've never felt the need to do so.

If I'm honest the only reasons I haven't tried hash is because its never been around me, and I don't ever want to smoke, so unless someone makes me a hash brownie, I'm not going to bother with it. My husband says hash just sends him to sleep so he doesn't bother with it. I'd never try the more "dangerous" drugs (heroine, ecstasy etc) because I grew up when Leah Betts (British girl that died after taking ecstasy) was in the news and that story scared the crap out of me. I never want to take such a huge risk just to experience a high that I don't even feel I'm missing

I've never smoked or tried any illegal drugs. I don't even like taking pain killers so only do so if I really need to

Really?

Actual drugs. Most people I know nowadays have at least tried something, some pretty regularly.

Nobody I know does or has.

Really?

Nobody I know does or has.

Like I said, I think I have the wrong kind of friends! (I do like them really)

Majority of my friends smoke pot every now and then. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Like some have said everyone has something which is a type of drug, as for the big killers & illegal ones I'm glad that nobody in my close family does and I've said it on here before that I would not asscoicate with anybody that took illegal drugs.

I don't think that statement is true at all but I think more people have at least tried a drug than people are aware of it like to believe. I'm trying to think of my friends now and the majority have tried them. I have one t total vegetarian non smoking friend who hasn't buy the others have dabbled as have I, not since I found out I was pregnant though, that changed me in that respect.

I still dabble if I get the opportunity and Maria is at her dad's but starting to feel a bit too old for it now. Can't really understand the people that do it very often, like my downstairs neighbours, always having speed parties, drives me crazy.

I've never tried any drugs other than smoking weed, and that has only ever been a handful of times. I value my life too much to take risks with the hard stuff. Xx

No I bet there's a few people out there that don't even have caffeine or pain killers so no one can say "everyone" and actually mean every single person on the planet. I think it's meant as "most people"

Drugs to me means illegal substances!

So when somebody uses that statement I'm not thinking coffee, cigs!

So in that respect I do not use drugs!! Again to me even cannabis comes into that category but I know people on here from past conversations who think that's ok.

I think it depends on your perception in terms on that statement!

No I don't think it's true at all. Most people I know have done drugs at some point or still do drugs, mostly weed. Me and oh used to be regular pot smokers and there are a few pot smokers in my family. I don't know many people who have never done some kind of drug at some point.

But I think it depends on your circle of friends. If you're friendship group(s) are the partying type then it may seem like everyone is like that and vice versa.

If we're only on about illegal drugs then I think it's fair to say there is a lot of people who have at least tried things.

I suppose it comes down to your Definition of drugs. If you count "legal" drugs then sure, everyone does to an extent.

But when discussing "drugs" I usually mean illegal ones, or prescription drugs taken by someone for whom they aren't prescribed. Not everyone does that. I've never touched an illegal drug in my life and have no intention of doing so.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"