ex and benifits rant!!!

Oh dear. I think people are getting slightly off topic here. The point is that she is being unreasonable. She has been bought a new buggy and has a perfectly good footmuff. She is just being a snob basically! I would be grateful to get ANYTHING from my ex! Hes never bought a single thing for James. I have to work full time plus some just to feed us. Some people don't know how lucky they are.

And please don't take that the wrong way cos I'm not saying people on benefits are lucky. Cos I know that its hard to balance the money every week. Me and James lived on literally £8 for the month last month and not much more this month. But she is getting all those benefits, and not having to pay any rent or bills. I'd love to have that much coming in and nada going out!

Actually i worked it out the same as you, by using 52 weeks per year, And i got £603 per month..

IS £60 pw
CTC £59pw
CHB £20pw

= £139pw

£139 x 52 = £7228

£7228 divided by 12 = £602 per calendar month!

!?

Add her 80 per month, its not almost 800pm!?

I am also confused how your getting a different amount by a few hundred to me?

I would certainly be in a much better position if i got that much, but i dont! and the rates are set and should only be a few quid difference per person. Not different by hundreds?

Because you are not using the exact amount you have short changed yourself by £8.16 a week not including healthy start, that is £424.32 a year you are not including, plus £322.4 a year she will be getting in the first year of Faye's life in healthy start vouchers and £1040 a year in Child support she is getting.

You've basically discounted £1786.72 a year of her income which is £148.89 a month! It's alot of money for you to not count and no wonder your calculations are wrong.

Not been on in a few days so missed this. I Have used the exact amount i get.. (120 IS, 59 CTC, and 20 CHB) The only thing i left out is 30p from CHB (£20.30pw) so nope, not wrong. Also, just to clarify, In the OP he said she was getting almost £800 a month in benefits alone, so again, i was right, because shes not. We've been adding the maintnenece in our totals.

I dont think its off topic i think its really relevant if the estimate is incorrect of how much shes getting, I have said shes being unreasonable and have said what i'd advise the OP to do... Im agreeing with him. Just disagree she gets that much £ from the gov.

She could buy her own buggy because she has no bills, but i cant help but feel im sure she must have to help with bills where shes living? Thats madness if not!

Regardless, you've been very fair and she IS lucky to get anything from you! I get nothing aswell & have been jobhunting for over a year but have had no luck and have no family to watch LO, with my rent being so high and HB being so low if i work full time, with childcare its impossible. So your Ex is being v selfish and unreasonable. D

not sure if this has been pointed out but the difference in how much income support you receive is probably because of your age - over 25s get more then those under 25.

not sure if this has been pointed out but the difference in how much income support you receive is probably because of your age - over 25s get more then those under 25.

Its confusing but it only changes if your claiming as a single person and not as a lone parent.. Otherwise a lone parent gets £67.50.. Unless your under 18. From 18 and over its the same amount.

Type of person Weekly amount
Single person
Aged 16 to 24 £53.45
Aged 25 or over £67.50
Lone parent
Aged 16 to 17 £53.45
Aged 18 or over £67.50
Couple
With both people under 18 £53.45
With one person under 18 and the other aged 18 to 24 £53.45
With one person under 18 and the other aged 25 or over £67.50
With both people aged 18 or over £105.95

Under 25's get the same as over 25's if they are a single parent.

xxx

I am confused - still a newbie at this IS business. I have been told so many different things by HMRC, neighbourhood office, Job Centre plus its no wonder my head is spinning but thanks for clearing the mud slightly!

I'd question it hun.. Unless.. You're not paying a budgeting loan or anything are you? XX

No no not paying that never had one.

Its always been that? Maybe ill ring. x

Yes u should ring as their cutting u by £30 a month!.. They might have to backdate u a lovely lump sum ;).

Yes u should ring as their cutting u by £30 a month!.. They might have to backdate u a lovely lump sum ;).

Ooo yeah.. That'd be good.. Especially if it was in time for christmas. :winkwink:

xxx

after reading this thread i decided to contact the csa to go the official route to paying child support , i had been givin the mother cash but decided it would be much better to do things properly were it is all logged and recorded

Definitely contact them hun... £30 a month soon adds up!

I got told the non resident parent can't make a claim. As my ex reckons he put in a claim before me(bullshit) and they told me he can't anyway... or maybe they said he could actually but me putting in a claim over rides his... if that makes sense?

I agree you def shouldn't be paying cash... I would ring CSA anyway and see what they say as they seem to tell me something diff each time.

I got told the non resident parent can't make a claim. As my ex reckons he put in a claim before me(bullshit) and they told me he can't anyway... or maybe they said he could actually but me putting in a claim over rides his... if that makes sense?

I agree you def shouldn't be paying cash... I would ring CSA anyway and see what they say as they seem to tell me something diff each time.

when i spoke to them this morning.. they told me i need to be paying 15% of my wage , which seems fair enough ... they are going to contact the mother to see if she accepts (cos she does not have too) , then get back in touch with me

when i spoke to them this morning.. they told me i need to be paying 15% of my wage , which seems fair enough ... they are going to contact the mother to see if she accepts (cos she does not have too) , then get back in touch with me

Ah yeh that sounds right & a much better idea.

I get
119.28 Income Support every fortnight (i am repaying a budgeting loan from when i moved)
58.54 Child Tax Credit a week, (but when the child is under one years old, they get more a week, my friend currently gets £66 a week and once her daughter hits 1 it goes down 5/10 pound
20.30 Child Benefit a week..

I think your being fair, i wouldn't pay for a pushchair that isn't needed...
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"