examination?

beckynbump25

mommy to 1 an expecting
Reaction score
okay so i had a growth scan last week because little girl isnt growing too well they have booked me in to be induced on the 4th...but tommorrow ive got another scan and an examination but im not too sure why?

anyone help with this one? thanks xx

Usually when their is a concern with growth they would like to see the trend at which the growth is increased or decreased, usually a scan once a week is good to see the big picture. So you had a scan last week, tomorrow you are having a scan which is roughly a week later and you are being induced in a week. When there is a concern with growth I would be concerned not having a scan from your last scan as alot can happen in two weeks. As for the examination they may find this useful to ascertain how favourable you are for induction and depending on how the scan is tomorrow, they may find they want to induce you sooner, again this may depend how the scan goes.

:) All the best.

eeek! i hope they don't want too induce me sooner lol, im crapping myself.
but thanks makes a little more sence now.
i said too OH why scan and examin me :) xx

probably just to make sure babys growth hasn't slowed too much & to check fluid levels. If the fluid levels are really low they may want to induce earlier.

I have had a previous scan which was to basically tell me i was about to m/c so im now pregnant again i dont really know what to expect. Last time it was silent and all i seen was a little screen with a sac and baby. Do you hear the heart beat? should the sonographer be informative, do u see the heartbeat? Movment? Please someone help this pregnancy is just not as exciting, also thinking of getting an early scan cannot bear the wait until 14th oct!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->