Excessive Thirst early on??

TresDulce30

Reaction score
Hi all!

So I just tested this past weekend ( a few times) and found out I'm pregnant. CB Digi put me at 2-3 wks past ovulation. Basing off of my LMP, I am 5 weeks today.

I noticed a day before I tested that I was thirstier than usual. This past weekend I felt like I couldn't quench my thirst. The past couple of nights I've struggled to fall asleep because of the really dry mouth I get. I then have to drink water, try to fall asleep, only to be awakened by having to pee :| This morning I woke up and my mouth was completely dried out...blah!

I also am super thirsty throughout the day as well. I read about Gestational Diabetes...hoping this isn't what it is!

Anyone else have extreme thirst early on?

Oh yes, my worst thirst was in the early weeks, probably 3-8 weeks. Very normal. Your body is running hotter and isn't used to it, you're creating more fluid and blood, and you might be sweating more (I know I was). It does get better though I still have some really thirsty days and overall I drink more fluids than I did pre-pregnancy. I'm a day short of 12 weeks now btw.

Yeah, that's one of the few signs ive had early on that I wad pregnant :) it eased off after 7 weeks.

I always get super thirsty for water! At least in the early weeks. Then it tones down and I can go back to drinking whatever I want (read: caffeine free tea :D)

Thanks ladies! Glad to hear it's fairly common. I'm praying it eases up soon!!! Feels like I can't get enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->