Excessive thirst

northern_me

Reaction score
Anyone else super thirsty? I woke up 6xs for a drink last night. Today I have had glasses upon glasses of water, and at no point have I ever felt that I'm satisfied. Even when I'm drinking it, I can't stop thinking that I need another glass.

I do have gestational diabetes and it is regulated by insulin, but my numbers have been good the past few days. Any thoughts? Could this be a sign of anything else or is it normal? I have an OB appointment first thing tomorrow morning so will ask then but just wondering.

Honestly, I'd ask your doctor to make sure, but I've been drinking a ton as well, especially at night. I wake up having to pee every 1-2 hours, and the kicker is I'm also completely dry in my mouth and throat despite having a humidifier right next to my bed, so I have no choice but to keep drinking. And all day I feel like I can't get enough water. But having 40% more blood volume requires that much more water, and I also know I've put on a lot of water weight because I have swelling, so maybe that's my body's way of trying to reduce that... anyway that's just my experience... don't resist the urge to drink water, it's good for ya :)

Me too! I also have low BP so drinking water actually helps. I just assume that baby needs more water since amniotic fluid gets flushed and filtered every few hours. I just drink and wee all night, lol!

I asked my doctor yesterday and she said to drink what I consider to be a crazy amount of water, then drink 3 more glasses.

Haha :) sounds like you have a very laidback dr! I have been very thirsty since the start of my pregnancy as well. I was sure I wasn't going to pass my sugar test but somehow I did. Anytime I eat anything I get really thirsty afterwards though and have to drink two or three glasses of water. I have to pee a lot as well, though it always seems a lot less then I drink. Don't know where all that water goes to.

I have felt the same... I also have GD and have noticed some nights extreme thirst even though my blood sugar levels were okay. I'm bad as I don't drink enough water and feel it's my fault for feeling dehydrated.

I go through phases of feeling thirsty for a few days at a time. I'm not sure if I have GD yet - I passed my second trimester glucose screen but then flunked another one last week (at 31 weeks). I took my 3-hour test today.

I go through the same thing overnight, but not always. I have noticed that it is on nights when I feel overheated. I feel like I am growing a furnace within me most days and not a baby. I can be completely cool to the touch but I feel like I am burning up inside. These hot flashes have been with me since before I even knew I was pregnant so I guess it is hormonal. I passed my glucose screening without any issue and have been experiencing this thirst on and off both before and after it.

I had this in my last pregnanxy and same this time. I drink 4Ls of water throughout the night and still wake up parched.
In the day I have 2 pints of water an hour. Midwige wasn't concerned last time but I'm definitely going to bring it up again as it is excessive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->