Exercise and a healthy first timester....

lucylu79

Reaction score
Got my BFP this morning with baby No2. Already have a Ds who will be 4 in April, we wanted to wait until he was in school before we tried and at the age of 36 i'm thrilled to have caught in the first month of trying. :thumbup:

I really want to start this pregnancy in the best way possible. I have a wedding in a few months, i'm a Bridesmaid and we have already got the dress but hey, if I suddenly start showing then I may have to buy a new one.

With DS I just eat for the sake of it (and hubs did) and this time around i'm over a stone lighter than I was before I got pregnant, i've tried bloody hard to loose the 3stone I gained with DS (lots of crumpets) and I really don't want to gain as much if I can help it.

I go running 1-3 times a week depending on childcare so i'd like to keep this up, perhaps just taking it easier rather than trying to improve.

Is there anything I can take up at home, like a dvd? I was going to start the 30 day shred but i'm thinking that's too harsh now.

Anyway that's enough rambling, if anyone has any tips or wants to be buddies please let me know! :coffee:

xx

Any bodyweight exercise is fine or if you have weights at home any weight program. End of first tri and into the second you want to stay away from exercises that have you flat on your back otherwise you're good!

I had this exact same thought & was quite good up til 6 weeks when ms and exhaustion hit me! I'm finally feeling a bit better & have started up again at 10 weeks.

Like pp said - you could do lighter weights with higher reps, or walking. How long were you running for before you fell pregnant? You have to be quite fit to continue running because your heart rate can't be above 140 :flower:

You could go on YouTube and search for pregnancy exercise and yoga videos too :)

from what i understand, its outdated information that your heartrate shouldn't go above 140. new standards say if you were very active pre-pregnancy, you can keep at the same pace until your body tells you to take it easier. as your belly grows and your ligaments loosen up later in pregnancy you should go lighter on the weights, and take it slower

Well that's why it's important that she was a good runner pre-pregnancy. I was running before I fell pregnant, and I sure as heck wouldn't be doing it now. I hadnt been doing it very long & my heart rate was probably 20 million :flower:

I can run 4/5 miles at a comfortable 11 min mile but if I go up a group to say the 9 min mile group then I struggle so my plan is to just adopt a different approach. I won#t be telling anyone i'm pregnant but will use excuses to go down a group to the 11 min mile (i'm in the 10) if I feel it necessary, otherwise I will continue being at the front of the group in the 10 and just be happy.

I want to go out on my own with a few nice music tracks to keep me going (haven't done that for ages!) as I always want to improve my time.

Now its about being healthy and not about my time/min per mile.

Thanks for all the replies though!

Do any f you know of the 30 day shred?? From the replies about the weights, does that mean I can do it, perhaps with a lighter weight? Tin of beans perhaps! xx

Following this thread, I got my BFP yesterday and am a runner. Last pregnancy I stopped as soon as I found out. This time I hope to continue as long as I can.

Hi jen!

We can be healthy running buddies! How much do you do??

I'd go for swimming. I'm planning to get back into it. Really low impact and works the whole body.

Lucylu I tend to go out once a week on a Sunday and do between 8 and 10 miles.

Wow Jen that's amazing!

Tallybee I was thinking the same thing - I'm VERY lucky to have parents in law that living nearby with an indoor pool. I haven't been in it for ages and I was only saying to hubs this morning that i'm going to use it more. Just hope I can fit it into my routine

x

hi everyone,

I am currently researching "staying fit while pregnant" topic..
As someone already has said, on youtube there is looooots of stuff.. especially about yoga in 1st, 2nd and 3rd term.. But I would be careful to follow the workouts from there, as its better to listen to fitness trainers who lso have some experience in pregnancy training/ workouts..

Personally I am going to get Tracy Anderson "Pregnancy Project" which takes the training from begining to the end of pregnancy, and the exercises are designed how far you are ..

I will try to squeze some yoga and swimming while my son is in the nursery (twice a week) but .. to be honest I am in the process of opening my own business (started weeks ago) and connecting all of that will be just tough.. So I think I will be happy to just follow the workout..:winkwink:

Just to add up, after almost 3 years since my son birth, I am still at the same weight .. When I got pregnant I was 47kg (103 pounds), when my son was born, I was (and still am) 62 kg (136 pounds) :wacko: and Im 159cm (5,2foot) tall..
OF COURSE I am so happy to be pregnant again:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:, but I guess this time around I really want to stay healthy and work those muscles ..:winkwink:

Anyone has similar experience with not losing weight after 1st one??

I tend to do more HIIT (high intensity interval training) classes at my gym, but do fit in a couple of longer cardio sessions once or twice a week. With the HIIT workouts, I am continuing to use my usual 8-10 lb dumbbells for arms and 12-15 lb dumbells for legs. My instructors advise that I can continue with that and listen to my body. When it starts to feel like too much I'll start going lighter and slower

Wow Jen that's amazing!

Tallybee I was thinking the same thing - I'm VERY lucky to have parents in law that living nearby with an indoor pool. I haven't been in it for ages and I was only saying to hubs this morning that i'm going to use it more. Just hope I can fit it into my routine

x

Wow you're lucky! I get annoyed in public pools when too many people are in my way :rofl:

my ankle's messed right up right now. No idea why. No fall, slip or twist. But otherwise I train for half marathons pretty regularly so every 3.5 months I get up to half marathon distance then start over lol. I did the training last pregnancy that I lost. But got slow fast!

Wow, thanks for all the replies ladies!!!

Just asked my babysitter if she can manage a couple of hours tomorrow so I can go with the running club, it's going to cost me £15 for her and to go running but hey, i'll call it the wine I haven't had so far!

As for swimming I must ask for a spare key so I can just go after work. Now that Jan Self Assesment is over I can finish a bit earlier and perhaps go straight there.

I've also just ordered 2 pregnancy dvd-s - Thanks for the tip, don't know why I didn't even think of that :dohh:
Think I will feel better doing a programme rather than doing the shred, as I know that's tough.

Weight wise I was at least 9st11 when I got pregnant with my first and at only 4"11 I was already getting out of a healthy bmi. I just wenr off on one, eating a lot of them cereal bars that are just full of sugar really aren't they, I recall I had to have tests for pregnancy related diabetes towards the end as I was just eating terribly! Luckily I escaped that.

I didn't weigh myself, I didn't go to any classes and didn't exercise either - Oh I bounced on a ball once or twice and obviously thought that was enough for my pelvic floor - Not so much I learnt! :dohh:

I think once DS was about 1 week old I stepped on the scales and I was 11st 3 and very unhappy, I wouldn't even have photos of me and my beautifull baby and that is my biggest regret

I joined Slimming Worls when DS was only 6 weeks old and although it was slow and I was still BF I slowly got down and eventually hit my target of 8st2. I was thrilled to be lighter than my wedding day! :flower:

I hovered around, moved, gained 10lbs but even then decided enough was enough so i've never gone higher than 8st 10. Have to sya after a holiday in Sept and Christmas i've just not 'tried' hard enough so i'm slowly getting back down (lost 2lbs last week taking me to 8st9)
And now the booze has gone hopefully I can get back to or near to target within the next 8 weeks whilst really I shouldn't gain too much?

What's everyone's thought's on the first tri and gaining weight??

Gosh, sorry for the essay!!! Up early with DS and it's nice to talk (type) to someone!!:coffee: (Must get some decaff in the house)

Speak soon, if I haven't scared you all off that is.......

x

as soon as I found out I was pregnant last time I stopped all exercise. I was a healthy 9st 6 and by the time I had my daughter I'd gained 3st which I was mortified about as I thought oh well I'm pregnant I can eat what I want.
This time I hope to be much better.
I'm quite nervous about going for a run this morning.

I don't know really I guess because I'm so exhausted I'm wondering if I will be able to run very far.

But I have managed a good 10 miles this morning. I shall pay for it later.

Thats' amazing! I can only dream of running that far!

Do you run with someone or by yourself??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->