Exercises Whilst Pregnant?

Faythe

Slightly Crunchy
Reaction score
OK, so I still want to keep in shape but am unsure of the best exercises and what's safe to do in pregnancy.

Lots of conflicting info online :wacko:

Any ideas ladies?

You could do walking or swimming. And congratulations on your BFP. H&H 9 months to you.

Congrats hun. Go with the KB's esp. when your bump is big

KB's still OK? People been freaking me out about my HR. When I do KB's I get my HR right up.... :wacko:

Congrats! :)

I've talked to several doctors about this and any exercises you were doing pre-pregnancy are fine. If you start to feel you are to out of breath/to warm/or get dizzy than you should stop. After first tri is over avoid doing exercises laying on the floor.

I've actually been doing some pregnancy dvds instead of what I was doing before (Wii games). There are a lot of the same moves I find (lunges, squats etc) but at a somewhat lower intensity that I find to be perfect for me and my stage of pregnancy now (it also doesn't help that I had a 9 week break in first and second tri so when I picked back up I did need a lower intensity, especially to start with)

I was doing ALOT prior to my surgery on 19th Dec (just gone) but had to take time off to recover from it and then got my BFP. So I haven't worked out with my KB's or anything else since 18th Dec.

I do a tonne of walking. Was thinking of getting a pregnancy workout dvd but wasn't sure if it was a waste of money?

So I can pretty much do what I was doing before but just ease myself into it?

I was advised to ease myself back into it when I restarted my workouts and to not go over what I was doing before as I built back up.

I started with 2 workouts a week and worked up to 4 (though those have recently been stopped because of a cold :dohh:)

I'll PM you in regards to the dvds......

OK, so I still want to keep in shape but am unsure of the best exercises and what's safe to do in pregnancy.

Lots of conflicting info online :wacko:

Any ideas ladies?

just keep it heart and healthy.

I did A LOT of taekwondo before being pregnant so after my 12 weeks were over I went back to taekwondo, obviously no sparring. Walking, swimming and yoga are all good!

I was doing ALOT prior to my surgery on 19th Dec (just gone) but had to take time off to recover from it and then got my BFP. So I haven't worked out with my KB's or anything else since 18th Dec.

I do a tonne of walking. Was thinking of getting a pregnancy workout dvd but wasn't sure if it was a waste of money?

So I can pretty much do what I was doing before but just ease myself into it?

I'd be more concerned about the surgery recovery than the pregnancy.

Like you said you can do whatever you were conditioned to do before you were pregnant and adjust down if you need to.

The HR thing is more about not overheating than having a high heart rate. You can lie on your back for brief periods. They have you lie on your back for however long it takes to do the anatomy scan don't they? :)

So far I have had to drop exercises that use my lower abs muscles because it causes discomfort. So no more push ups, pull ups or gator walks (dragging yourself across the floor on your stomach with legs as deadweight).

I am still able to dead lift/squat and I hope I can for at least a few more months!

It is definitely hard to wrap the head around having to downgrade exercise when you are used to always trying to do better!!!!

whatever you did prepregnancy is fine except heavy lifting and ab workouts. I ran and swimmed till 3rd trimester then just walked alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->