Exercising

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
Who's exercising through 1st tri and what are you doing?
I'm go to Pump classes twice a week and I'm hoping to keep that up if tiredness doesn't hit me too badly. I just started Spinning which I'm hoping to keep going to for a while. Other than that I swim once a week with my LO's (which doesn't really count as I probably only swim a couple of lengths the whole time but still, if I have to suffer the indignity of being in a swim suit I'm counting it as exercise :haha:) and walk. I'd like to do something else though as I tend to put on loads of weight during pregnancy and really would like to keep it down this time!

Stalking (I didbt gain excessively during my last pregnancy, but a very stressful year has me weighing in higher right now than I was at full term last time!)

Good morning! I have the Bump app, the What to Expect app and book, and a baby bump app. All three seem to agree a pregnant woman should get at least 30 minutes of exercise three times a week with obvious cautions, lots of fluids (I think they said 3 extra cups on days you exercise), and taking breaks when your body says or every 15 minutes. They also said whatever level of exercise you had pre-pregnancy is what you should be doing. Oh and you have to keep your heart rate under like 140 so you don't deprive your baby of blood. I think they said basically you should still be able to talk while exercising.

So pre-pregnancy and pre-lazy holiday, I did krav maga 5-8x a week for a hour each time. It's an Israeli form of contact combat. I talked to my OBGYN since obviously contact combat is dangerous without being preggo. She said I can still do the cardio portion, I am still clear to do push ups, planks, burps, all that I just have to go through the motion carefully. She said I cannot spar or do any exercises where someone else puts their hands on me in case they lose control and hit me (which has happened). She also said I can't hold the bags for anyone so I already talked to my krav instructor. I'm only going to go 3x a week for the beginner class and stay the first 30 minutes. Anytime we have partner exercises, I'll be on a heavy bag. On days I don't have krav, I take my Sheltie and Aussie for a 30 minute walk.

I am bummed because I was supposed to do a Spartan Beast this weekend to get my trifecta, but I obviously can't do it. Most of the obstacles are too much of a risk.

Ah wow HearingDogs, it must be an adjustment to go from doing so much to dropping to 3x a week. I am a lot lazier but I would struggle not to go to classes a couple of times a week. Luckily Pump has been OK'ed by my doctor (pre-pregnancy, in anticipation of 1st tri) for everything except the exercises where we lie flat on our backs, so I'll just have to put an extra block under my step. I'll lift lighter when I need to as well.

It's definitely frustrating since I JUST got my yellow belt and was about to start sparring literally the day I got my bfp! Thank goodness I had the sense to re-test before going to the gym. x.x This new exercise thing is only 10 months old. My high school friends make fun of me all the time because I would never go hiking with them or running, and now I'm like yeah Spartan Beast 13+ miles in mud with 25+ obstacles! Krav is such a great stress relief and the physical benefits are amazing.

What is pump? Yeah, I think at the end of the day your body will tell you what you can and cannot do. I read that somewhere. That your maternal instincts kick in so if you're exercising and you do something you shouldn't, you'll kind of get the inkling to stop.

I carried on running 5k every other day until my subchorionic hematoma made its ugly appearance. I don't think it was running related as thiis my 3rd pregnancy with one and with the other two I stopped everything immediately!
I did stop spinning right away though, as it's pretty full on!!
Now I'm stuck doing nothing, frustrating lol! Oh well, I'll just pick it up again later in the year after baby's born! :)

I was going to a boxing gym & running a couple of times a week, with the occasional bike ride, swim and also walking my dogs.

I have done nothing but walk and one bike ride since finding out. I had a loss in October & I am too freaked out to continue at the gym.

I've been so tired & nauseous, and I also work. So, I've been thinking about trying to hit the pool on my days off. Yesterday was one of my days off, and by the time I walked the dogs, did the grocery shopping & did a load of washing, I was way too exhausted for a swim.

I'm doing Body Pump 2/3 times a week. our instructor is about 6 months pregnant! Don't intend to stop unless I have any issues, but won't be putting a lot of weight on the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->