Exhausted!

Pulirula

Reaction score
I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and I'm so tired. I can barely fight it. I woke up at 730 to put the kid on the bus and I was going to work out but I just couldn't so I went back to bed until noon. Any tips on dealing with this? My drs appt isn't for another 3 weeks

If you figure it out, let me know! I am still at home with my 2 kids, I am not sure how I make it TBH.

It's horrible during the day I just want to sleep but then at night I'm wide awake. And on top of it I keep getting out of breath. Just walking upstairs makes me not like a dog. 35 more weeks.... 35 more weeks....

stairs are the worst... My office is upstairs and the printer is downstairs.. normally not a problem, but in the last week or so man its like i'm winded getting to the top..

Make sure you're taking a prenatal with iron. You'll need it. But no, exhaustion is just part of the first trimester, and if you think it's bad now, it gets way worse once the third trimester hits. :thumbup:

I dont remember being so tired with my first. But I was also 23. Now I'm 30. I'm going to ask my dr about an iron supplement. I just have a hard time swallowing those huge prenatal horse pills:

I went through the same horrible exhaustion. I was falling asleep on the couch and no matter how much rest I got it wasn't enough.

I'm 11+4 now and this week it's finally easing up a bit. Hang in there. I know how rough it can be

I do not think my prenatals have iron, I will ask my doctor about it because I don't think you really need to supplement iron unless you are anemic or vegetarian? Oh well I will ask, my appointment is only a week from tomorrow!

It doesn't help that I have cut back my caffiene consumption and my allergy medicine (did clear with OB) is somewhat drowsy.

But I agree with a PP, I can't get sleep at night, it's no wonder I'm tired during the day! I felt like I spent all last night dozing, not really sleeping. That is how it is more and more.

I called my dr and they made me an appt for tomorrow. They are going to check my iron because I've always been borderline anemic and I had to be on iron pills with my first daughter so it's just a precautionary check up. I have been tired before but this is just silly! I feel like I haven't slept in days even though I slept 12+ hours last night! On a side note.... Hurray for turning into a pin cushion for 9 months!

I too am 6 weeks and this is my 4th pregnancy and by far the worst for tiredness. I don't know if it's because I am older or because I am working twighlight shifts at work but I just can't seem to get enough sleep lol and at night I can't get into a deep sleep I keep waking.

I remember being dog tired first trimester with my son. Thankfully not feeling it yet with this one. If your body says you need to sleep, though--I say do it! Sleep as much as you can once you've taken care of the necessary items on your to-do list, and do everything else once you're feeling better.

I remember being dog tired first trimester with my son. Thankfully not feeling it yet with this one. If your body says you need to sleep, though--I say do it! Sleep as much as you can once you've taken care of the necessary items on your to-do list, and do everything else once you're feeling better.

I haven't had a good night's sleep since my son came home from the NICU 3.5 years ago. This applies to first pregnancies I guess, but I have two other lives I am responsible for, and the get me up in the morning and keep me up half the night.

I would say the first trimester is way worse for me for exhaustion than the third. I was running around working late hours, hosting parties at the hotel I worked at and in high heels no less during my third. I wanted to die to during my first trimester and am feeling like if I could just sleep away the next 12 weeks I would be happy right now. I am so ready for second trimester!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->