Exhaustion! Help! Second time mums?!

lauraclili

Astrid's Mummy
Reaction score
Exhaustion...!

This is my second pregnancy and I can't get over the level of exhaustion I'm feeling. I'm literally, bone-shatteringly tired all the time and no amount of sleep seems to make it better.

I remember being tired first time around but nothing like this. Also, I've been on holiday for 6 weeks and I feel like I've been doing physical work all day everyday. At this point last time I was working an 80 hour week and coping. The only difference I have now is a toddler.

My mw said that women underestimate how tired they get second time around because they're able to stop and take care of themselves first time but can't second time because of their toddlers. Seem good but I was working loads last time and wasn't this tired.

I guess I'm asking, what was your experience? When should I be worried? I'm back at work next week (back to at least 70 hours a week) and not sure how ill cope!

Also, weirdly, eating seems to make it worse. I would have thought it would make it better. :/

I'm exhausted too :( and I try to spend most of the time sitting on the couch but ugh its so tiring!!

I was terribly exhausted in my last pregnancy. Had all kinds of symptoms that I was run down and was always cold. Started feeling better when the weather improved and I remembered to take my iron tablets!

I am exhausted!!! I'm working 30hrs (3 days) a week and am shattered!!

I was working about 60hrs during first pregnancy and remember being tired but not all out exhausted like this! I figure it has something to do with being out of bed at 5:30am and spending 2.5hrs playing etc. with DS before I even get to work though instead of rolling myself out of bed at 8, having a long leisurely shower etc.

I am in bed by 8:30 most nights... I feel so pathetic!

Have you had your iron levels checked Hun? Having low iron causes extreme exhaustion aswell x

I agree! It is MUCH harder to rest when you already have kids, yet you desperately need to rest. Hugs.

Oh, and to second what another poster said, check your iron. I have low iron, and so that makes me extra crazy tired/low energy. Its a major effort to just stand up sometimes. Seriously.

Drink lots too as your body needs more fluids and will take them from your other organs making you tireder. I asked my mw about this too and said I suspected being anaemic as was so exhausted. Se said, it was toddler plus not drinking enough! Not very helpful.

I don't think we realize how draining having a toddler is. When you were working you got home & relaxed & slept through. Now you're constantly alert. I was working 60 hours per week last time but having a good nights sleep & weekends off made all the difference.

All I can advise is to take all the help you can!

I was having same problem and talked to a nutritionist and she started me on some supplements I take

- 3000iui vitamin d
- an omega 3
- Vitamin B complex
- prenatal vitamin

My energy levels have improved substantially and I stopped getting cramps in my calfs as well

I feel exactly the same! I keep waking up at night every 2 hours or so as well! My LO goes back to pre school next week though thankfully (mean mummy lol) but at least then I can get some rest whilst he's their! X

I hear you. I am just getting underway in my first trimester and ZzZzZz...

I am upping my work intensity now so it can be easier when the baby comes but with an 8 month old and one on the way - wooooo! :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->