Expecting #1 and over 30

Congrats Zeez...can't wait to see some pictures...

Baking glad your scan went well and sorry to hear second sack...

Clarkey...Jax is adorable...

MrsChezek :hugs:...I know how you are feeling...same thing keeps me going...I just think how much I wanted him and I love him so much but some days are very hard and exhausting...hope H starts sleeping through the night again soon...

AFM..Nick is going to be 5 weeks tomorrow...he has been very fussy in the past few days...he is having tummy issues and is having hard time having a BM on his own...per doctor I had to use suppositories few times and now he is on meds and it does not seem that is helping...he strains and strains and strains and has gas but just is not able to have BM...on meds it takes him several hours...sometimes he screams like he is in pain and there is nothing I can do...I try to hold his legs and massage his belly...hate to see him in pain..

Congratulations, Zee!!

So sorry Nick has been having tummy issues, Sasha. That must be hard for you to see him struggling.

Nick has had a good day yesterday which means I have had a good day yesterday as well...hoping for the same today...he has started to smile when he hears my voice :happydance:...Nick loves his bath time and cuddling...how is everyone else doing

Attachments

• 6-22-2013 004.JPG
    6-22-2013 004.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 6-22-2013 005.JPG
    6-22-2013 005.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 6-22-2013 002.JPG
    6-22-2013 002.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 5
  • 6-22-2013 007.JPG
    6-22-2013 007.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 4
Congratulations Zeez :)

Sasha - just a quick question, about his tummy aches... does he drink a lot, or does he drink very little?
I ask because my LO had tummy troubles because he was drinking too much.
When that happens, the milk gets pushed through the intestines much too quickly, causing a lot of gas, and baby doesn´t get to utilize the nourishment in the milk well enough, causing baby to pee a lot, and having a lot of stomach pains...

Congratulations Zeez :)

Sasha - just a quick question, about his tummy aches... does he drink a lot, or does he drink very little?
I ask because my LO had tummy troubles because he was drinking too much.
When that happens, the milk gets pushed through the intestines much too quickly, causing a lot of gas, and baby doesn´t get to utilize the nourishment in the milk well enough, causing baby to pee a lot, and having a lot of stomach pains...

He drinks about 4oz every 2 1/2 to 3 hours...he does pee a lot and continues to have lot of gas...o yea I do have question for you...when did you and your lo started swimming lessons? I mean how old was he...

4oz seems like a lot for a 5 week old. Hayden drinks 3.5oz and she's 4 months! Is this breast milk or formula? Are you putting extra in the bottle and he's stopping himself at 4oz or is that how much you put in the bottle and he drinks it all? Hayden will drink whatever we put in front of her so we have to measure it out for her and anything over 3.5oz she either spits up or is uncomfortable. She eats 9 times a day but usually from the breast so I cannot tell you how much she takes at each feed :shrug:

He drinks about 4oz every 2 1/2 to 3 hours...he does pee a lot and continues to have lot of gas...o yea I do have question for you...when did you and your lo started swimming lessons? I mean how old was he...

Hmm.
The advice given to me about all the gas in his belly, is basically to try to get more cream into each feed (breastmilk then).
I was advised to only feed him from one breast during a feed, which would result in him getting more cream and therefore more nutrients per feed.
If he drinks a lot, but there isn´t a lot of nutrients in it, then the body tries to push the milk through faster to make room for more, resulting in a vicious cycle where baby is always hungry, but not getting enough nutrients from the milk...

He was just over 3 months old when we started his swim lessons.

I hope his tummy gets better soon :hugs:

Congrats Zeez! How r u getting along??

How's Nick feeling Sasha?

How's everyone else...I've posted some recent photos on my journal and did a 4 month photo shoot with H yesterday. I'll post those when I get them done!

Hayden bit me while nursing for the first time last night :cry: She's done it several times since and it's been a very frustrating 24 hours! Can't seem to teach her not to bite...she doesn't have teeth yet - thank god!!! So she just clamps down super hard with her gums. It hurts a lot! I hope this isn't the end of our breastfeeding journey...

Have you tried unlatching her when she does it? Apparently they usually learn pretty quickly what the problem is. There is tons of good info on what to do
https://www.lalecheleague.org/faq/bite.html
https://m.parenting.com/article/ask-dr-sears-biting-while-breastfeeding-21333339
https://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/teething-and-biting

Even though I wish I could have breastfed longer, I´m glad I don´t have this problem :) I hope she stops soon :hugs:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being MIA but the past week has been a complete daze. Baby Jan has been a complete angel but I've still just wanted to cut myself off from the world and spend every moment focusing on her. Definitely not what I expected to happen.

Anyway my milk came yesterday in so she's been sleeping for 2-3 hour stretches instead of 1-2 hours and today I got out of the house (just for my 1 week check up) so I'm easing back into real life slowly.

I haven't had a chance to figure out posting pics from my phone but as son as I do I will as well as type up my birth story.

How is everyone doing?

Thanks Luna for the links! And pilot for the hugs :hugs: I've read a million articles and have been trying it all but she's extremely stubborn!!! However I've learned a pattern - she stops suckling, releases her latch a bit and grunts right before she bites so I've been able to breast feed her just for short periods at a time. As soon as she loses focus and loosens her latch, I unlatch her. Usually that's around 4-5 minutes. Which sucks as I have to feed her every hour when she's awake but get at least I'm able to keep it going! :shrug:

Great to hear you're doing so well Zeez! :happydance:

Congrats Zeez! How r u getting along??

How's Nick feeling Sasha?

How's everyone else...I've posted some recent photos on my journal and did a 4 month photo shoot with H yesterday. I'll post those when I get them done!

Some day he is doing better then others...his BM is soft but it just appears that he needs to be manually stimulated to have one...he is grunting and pushing but sometimes nothing comes out...sometimes he strains so hard that he starts throwing up his milk so his ped. is going to send him to GI just to be checked out...however he is still gaining weight and looking good...at his 4 week check up he was 10lb 6oz ...he is formula fed since I was not able to breast feed but that is another story that makes me feel like a horrible mother :cry:...hope H goes through biting while breast feeding fast..

Glad to hear you're doing well, Zee!

Sasha, I hope Nick's BM issues get resolved shortly. Also, not everyone can or is meant to breast feed. There's no way you're a horrible mother.

Mrs.C, I hope H eases up on the biting!

I agree with Sbmack...there's no way you can be a terrible mother sasha...you wouldn't be here getting advice and worrying about nick if you were! :hugs: Breastfeeding isn't a gold standard or something...it's just a way of feeding your baby. Formula is great and has it's own advantages and disadvantages just as breast milk does. You're doing great!!!! xx

I'm exhausted...been packing all day to go to the shore house for the weekend...this little critter comes with a LOT OF STUFF! My god...I think we almost need to rent a truck to get her there :haha:

ZeeZ - Welcome back :hugs:
I know that feeling, actually didn´t have the energy to do anything at all for the first 4 weeks as labor was intensely difficult for me.
So good to hear from you, enjoy these next few years immensely :thumbup:
Especially the time before she starts crawling... hehe. Þorgeir is almost there now.

MrsChezek - Woow... I hope she stops biting altogether really soon, and I hope she isn´t getting her first tooth soon either, biting down with one of those must be an ouchie!...
Þorgeir is almost out of breastmilk to drink. It looks like today is the last day :cry: but we´re going to check grandmas freezer for the last time to see if there is a bag lurking there, that would last 3 more days.

hehe, I know the feeling of travelling with a little one, the trunk fills up quickly with only his stuff ;)

sasha - aww. I hope he starts having an easier time with his BM´s asap.
Not being able to breastfeed does not mean you´re a horrible mother. :hugs:
My mother had trouble breastfeeding me, because her milk was extremely fat and I was fat intolerant (still am in fact), my mother in law couldn´t breastfeed for the opposite reason, she had very "thin" milk and her boys needed more nourishment, I on the other hand stopped breastfeeding because I had to go to work. I felt really horrible about it, but as I really didn´t have a choice I can´t feel guilty about it... still do at moments, especially as we´re almost out of frozen breast milk now, but otherwise we couldn´t have bought a house, car, baby stroller etc...etc...etc...
You are a wonderful mom just for being here asking for help :hugs: :baby:

Hope u found one more bag of milk at grandma's house pilot! :flower: Are u switching to formula or just solids moving forward?

Sasha you are a wonderful mom but i totally understand how u feel as i had difficulty providing breast milk for Jackson. We are here for u hun :hugs: xo

Mrs C i agree with u and the crazy amount of stuff when packing for Jax. Its unbelievable ;)

Hope u found one more bag of milk at grandma's house pilot! :flower: Are u switching to formula or just solids moving forward?

I found one more bag, but he´ll be through that one tomorrow... :shrug:
We´re switching to formula, at least until he´s 6 months old, then we´ll see.
He gets porridge in breast milk these days, and we´ve started trying some fruits and veggies. He tried banana but didn´t like it. Then we tried sweet potato - he loves those :)
Next up is probably pears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->