Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Lol! Swampmaiden I feel you on the sickness and fatigue. I'm wishing the vomiting would come already though because it seems like it's just making the nausea worse b/c I'm not upping anything??? IDK, it's weird. Probably wanting TMI but are you upchucking at all, or just hanging in the balance like the rest of us lol?.. I haven't been eating anything either though b/c the nausea is so strong, every smell spoils any piece of appetite I think I have.
Buttt, since my hubby can't cook worth a lick either (he's burned hot dogs and noodles in the microwave 2 times already and counting) I have to cook or else he would spend all of our money on fast food lol. Not to mention, he eats A LOT, yet doesn't gain weight nor gets full :shrug:

Anyway, I wish I could be as active and energetic as Karen, cooking is the most I'm doing these days after work. I guess we all can't be as lucky haha..

Well hello and welcome lacanadienne!! H&H9 to you! I have a midwife too, and so far she's been pretty awesome :thumbup: Let us know how it goes at your appointment. How long do you have to wait for one?

welcome to the thread lacanadienne.. is this your first pregnancy??

HopingCarter, I have to wait another 9 days until I know if they'll take me. Swampmaiden, yes, this is my first pregnancy.

carter.. no actual vomiting.. but I feel almost on the verge periodically. I know that the few times (lol many times..) I've been hungover and sick, puking always made me feel better, so maybe thats the case with morning sickness also? I know vomiting causes endorphins to be released, so you temporarily feel better afterward.

lacanadienne, welcome to the crazy world of pregnancy then.. hope everything goes well for you :)

So... Here in San Diego, the humidity is finally going away.. its still hot, but now at least its bearable. The humidity was just awful.. couldnt wear sunscreen or moisturizer let alone makeup without it running off your face as soon as you go outside. I'll take a dry heat anyday

Hows the summer treating the rest of you?

I'm in Wisconsin so the summer here is pretty nice. Of course it's known for it's cold weather (and cheese lol), but in the summer it balances very well. It's not too cool where u have to wear a jacket and it's not too hot where u have to be totally naked wearing ice cubes for underwear. We do get the high 90s maybe 100s but its probably a week out of the whole summer, mostly upper 70s/80s. So I've been okay actually besides my own body temperature which for some reason increases randomly which makes me hot no matter what. I'm just glad I'm not huge right now b/c I'm sure nothing would help with heat except extreme cold lol

Thanks for the kind words! Although I can't say I have any energy at all - I just do it because it needs to get done! And then feel tired for the rest of the day, haha.

lacandienne, congratulations!!!!! It is so great to see you over here! :happydance: Forgive me if I missed it, but do you know how far along you are?

1 more week to go until my u/s... I can't wait!!!

It's just nice to see you having the nerves to do it!! I don't let me house become a total disaster, but I've missed washing dishes a couple of days haha. Thank god it's only us right now, so it doesn't get too messy..

Yay, for Karen's U/S :happydance: It's the 13th right? I know you can't wait to see your little bean in there with that heart flickering! And by next week it's going to be even more baby like so that'll be even more exciting. Woohoo!! I'm so happy for you, and you've been so patient and positive. I know you're going to be great results. Please keep us posted on the U/S. Is this going to be your meet and greet session too (midwife or OB)?

Do you ladies mind if I join in? I just found out I was pregnant a few days ago but I figured I'd pop over here and get involved :)

Do you ladies mind if I join in? I just found out I was pregnant a few days ago but I figured I'd pop over here and get involved :)

Absolutely!!! Congrats Sweetbliss!! Always happy to hear a mommy get that :bfp: Is this your 1st :baby: too?

Karen, I'm 4 weeks and 3 days so far. It's great that you get your ultrasound soon. I would be soooo excited! :)

And apparently I have to figure out how to insert a ticker in the bottom of my signature.

YAY Sweetbliss!! Well sit back and enjoy this magical rollercoaster lol..It may get uncomfortable sometimes, but positive thinking goes a looongg way, and the ladies on this particular thread (and this forum) are awesome when it comes to mommy-to-be support. H&H9 to you :happydance::happydance:

:dust:

lacanadienne and sweetbliss, congratulations on your :bfp: and a happy and healthy 9 months!

And my nausea has been somewhat better. Having so much foam from the toothpaste in my mouth makes me gag every time though. Today I almost puked because of it.

I've been doing fine with the heat I guess, it just makes me more tired and sometimes dizzy, so I just stay inside or in the shade.

yes klink, the toothbrush is making me gag also when I get my back teeth.. also when I floss my back teeth too I retch. Dealing with this constant morning sickness/sense of motion sickness is such a drag.. this is probably how the astronauts feel out in space in zero G

Hey all, I'm cautiously graduating from the positive thinking TTC thread! Tested this morning (seems like ages ago) on both FRER and an internet cheapie (cause I didn't trust the cheapie :haha: )

I'm very nervous since I've had a mc before and if I have another one I think my dh will never get excited about pregnancy again until I show him a baby!

I just really need this bean (or, uhm, poppyseed I guess haha) to stick..!

AWWW CONGRATS AND WELCOME MAGGZ!! I'm so sorry to hear of your previous loss, but I'm keeping my FX for your sticky bean :dust:
It's okay to be cautious hun, I think everyone on this thread is being extra cautious too haha (you should've seen our earlier discussions lol), but we're always hoping for the best outcome. You'll love the support you get over here, I do :thumbup: And plus, we do have a good laugh to take our minds off the "side effects" good or bad. Happy you got the BFP new mommy. How far along are you?

Thanks Carter :) Yeah I read through some of the thread already :)

4w today, crazy it's so short but so many things are happening in there ;)

Maggz!!! Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you!!!

I know what you mean about being very cautious! I've been the same way. But, I'm just trying to stay as positive as I can, and squeeze in as much relaxation as possible, and it seems to be helping. :)

Congratulations to you too, sweetbliss!!!

How great to see our little group growing!

HopingCarter, you asked about my OB a couple pages back, I think? I actually did meet her a couple weeks ago, for a quick introductory appointment, but I'll be seeing her again for a more in-depth appointment on August 25. She will not be doing my ultrasound on the 13th; I am going to a separate medical lab for that. Only 6 more days... I am so excited!!! And my husband already cleared it with work to leave early, so we should not have any issues with getting there on time. Woo hoo! :happydance:

I am with you gals on the feeling sick! Since hitting about 6 weeks it's been getting a little worse each day, but yesterday was the worst. I felt sooo sick and, not to be too disgusting, lol, but I was on the floor in front of the toilet just dry heaving for a while, ughh.... so gross. Still haven't actually thrown up, but it's been very close. I find the worst times are after breakfast and after dinner/before bed. Not much fun, but I just keep reminding myself that it's a sign that things are progressing well. :thumbup:

So exciting that ultrasounds are happening soon! I probably won't have one until late September. I got in with a midwife here, but my appointment is mid September. I am happy to get one, though, because midwives are hard to come by.

Haven't felt sick yet (fxed), but my breasts are super sore, and have been for about two weeks now. I have heard taking vitamin B6, and eating protein before bed can help with the nausea - has anyone tried this?

My face has been so broken out! I know it is all just hormonal and a good sign I suppose but I had enjoyed not having to bother with make up in a while lol. Oh well, I'll take it any day :) Also had some nausea here and there but mostly my abdomen is just sore, I can't rest my arms across my stomach without it hurting and I've been having a harder time breathing. Well not necessarily breathing but it is just more labored I feel like and my heart feels like it is beating so fast all of the time. I am so incredibly hormonal and moody, poor DH.

Maggz!!! Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you!!!

I know what you mean about being very cautious! I've been the same way. But, I'm just trying to stay as positive as I can, and squeeze in as much relaxation as possible, and it seems to be helping. :)

Congratulations to you too, sweetbliss!!!

How great to see our little group growing!

HopingCarter, you asked about my OB a couple pages back, I think? I actually did meet her a couple weeks ago, for a quick introductory appointment, but I'll be seeing her again for a more in-depth appointment on August 25. She will not be doing my ultrasound on the 13th; I am going to a separate medical lab for that. Only 6 more days... I am so excited!!! And my husband already cleared it with work to leave early, so we should not have any issues with getting there on time. Woo hoo! :happydance:

I am with you gals on the feeling sick! Since hitting about 6 weeks it's been getting a little worse each day, but yesterday was the worst. I felt sooo sick and, not to be too disgusting, lol, but I was on the floor in front of the toilet just dry heaving for a while, ughh.... so gross. Still haven't actually thrown up, but it's been very close. I find the worst times are after breakfast and after dinner/before bed. Not much fun, but I just keep reminding myself that it's a sign that things are progressing well. :thumbup:

Thanks hon! I'm so glad I got to join you all :happydance::cloud9: Like I said, just hoping with all my heart that I don't have to go back to TTC. I don't think my dh would handle it very well either!

I'm really trying to relax and not stress about the little bean cause I know that won't do any good! Haha I've only known for 2 days! Come on!! :haha: :wacko:

As for symptoms, I started suspecting because I was bloated and started cramping before I knew af was supposed to show up (I usually don't cramp until like the minute af is here), but other than that there are no real changes. I'm a pretty queasy person to begin with so I never know if the queasiness I feel is a part of my regular morning *everything is gross* or if it's actually symptoms. :haha: This morning I had a pretty distinctive wave of nausea though so I'm thinking that's for sure a symptom!

Those sound awful Karen - but you're right we can't really complain about it - I'd rather have it and know stuff is progressing than not at all I guess!:thumbup: Oh, and the bathroom floor is the best when puking/dry heaving/after puking - don't know why!!

Sorry how infinite this post is but oh, I have a dr appt tomorrow morning so I'll stop by and tell you how it went! I haven't actually met my ob I don't know if I will tomorrow either... but I want a midwife too although I know it's not really custom here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->