Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

I also forgot to mention that I took another test this morning and it was a little darker than the one from yesterday - so that's good news!

Maggz, look up the Bradley Method. They might have instructors in your area that can steer you towards a midwife, or at least a doctor who is more supportive of your choices. In Ontario, we're lucky as the midwives are publicly-funded as primary care providers for pregnancy and child birth, same as obs.

That's great that your line is darker, Maggz! :thumbup:

Has anyone been having trouble sleeping? I find I alternate between a pretty decent sleep, and a pretty bad one. I'm having trouble finding a comfortable position, and when I toss and turn, it makes my stomach upset. :/ I suppose it's a natural way of your body preparing for the sleepless nights to come!

Happy weekend, everyone!!

That's great that your line is darker, Maggz! :thumbup:

Has anyone been having trouble sleeping? I find I alternate between a pretty decent sleep, and a pretty bad one. I'm having trouble finding a comfortable position, and when I toss and turn, it makes my stomach upset. :/ I suppose it's a natural way of your body preparing for the sleepless nights to come!

Happy weekend, everyone!!

I've been having the same sleep pattern - not because of stomach upset, but I have been having cramps, and my body temperature doesn't seem constant during the night.

I am definitely tired and fall asleep very quickly, but every night I seem to wake up and am wide awake, for no reason. It takes at least an hour to fall back asleep. Ahhh. :wacko:

I went to the ob today and got a date for my first ultrasound :thumbup: I'll be going September 5th - so long until then! But I'll have my blood drawn tomorrow and Monday to see the progression in hCG.

My stomach's a little upset too, especially at night. I sleep okay though :)

Hi everyone! Making my way over here from TTC positive thinking buddies! Didn't think it would happen this soon but I'm over the moon about it! Good to know there's such sweet support here in this group.

I'm away at my dad and step moms house for the weekend and so glad I brought tests with me to get my BFP! I'd be going crazy feeling all these crampy symptoms and not knowing if I were pregnant. But thank God I am! Can't wait to share this journey with all of you.

Congrats again Mia :D

Are you in the US?

Congratulations Mia!

Karen - I have problems sleeping some nights and others I am out cold. I fall asleep so fast too. I'll take all of the sleep I can get for now because I know shortly I won't be able to sleep and then I'll have a baby who doesn't let me sleep at all :)

Maggz - I'm sure time will fly between now and your appt!

AFM- I went to the Naval Hospital yesterday to pee in a cup so they could confirm that I'm pregnant and issue me a referral to an OB/gyn in town since they don't have one anymore. I wasn't expecting them to call me with the results until Monday but then I saw on the little bag I had to put my cup in they put a label that said "stat" on it so I had my hopes up that they'd call by the end of the day but they never did. I can access all of my files and labs online so I have just been doing that but it takes awhile to update usually and the entire website is down now :/ I had a question though... one of my friends said "ask them what your levels are when they call!" I wasn't aware that they can actually test your levels with just urine? I thought that would just give them a negative or positive.

Nevermind! I figured it out! It is a semi-quantitative test that they do and it DOES have levels! The beginning of this article explains it. https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...l-Stanford-University-School-of-Medicine.aspx

They're really neat! Now I wish I had known about them and would have tried to find a way to buy a few for myself haha

Hi Everybody! Can I join in? This is still so surreal to me. I waited until 14 dpo to test because I was sure it would be negative, and got a BFP right away! I have had zero symptoms except for some mild cramps, although my OH swears my boobs are bigger than normal.

Welcome mewolkens :) haha I'm kinda excited for my boobs to get bigger;)

sweetbliss that's kinda cool! Well it makes sense that you can get the levels from urine since BFPs range in darkness. Never thought about that.

Had my blood drawn and their computer systems were down so they weren't sure what to do with one of the tests! Reassuring, eh? hahah

Welcome Mia and mewolkens! H&H 9 months to you. It's a crazy journey that we're in, but we'll keep the positive energy up and hope for the best. Soon we will all be holding our little ones. :flower:

Welcome to all the new members in this thread and all of you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Karen: I've been soo soo tired all the time, then I go to bed and have no trouble falling asleep but I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes even twice to go pee lol After that it's kind of hard to get comfy again :( Also I've been having mosquitos in the room so I was hunting for them too haha

Sorry that I haven't been saying much lately but I'm having family over since my hubby is back from training :)

Anyone else has a pregnancy brain? haha. It's been bad the last week, I forget everything!! I even forget what I want to type sometimes or what I wanted to say. My breasts have been growing like crazy too. They only hurt to the touch but my new bra already doesn't fit anymore. Hope they don't get too big, as I already have decent sized ones and it makes my back hurt!

I bought 2 maternity pants yesterday cause my other pants are already so tight and hurt cause where they close they push too hard into my lower abdomen. Saw my neighbor today and she said "oh my gosh you are already showing!" I explained to her that it's just bloating but she said it looks more like a small baby bump. It also gets harder and harder to suck in my belly. lol

Can't wait for monday when I finally have my appointment to confirm pregnancy with my clinic, even though I already had an u/s up in Germany.

Sorry for so much text, just wanted to update you guys :)

My hubby and I have been trying to conceive since December 2013 (after I'd been on BCP for 10+ years) and after I stopped having my period coming off BCP, I went to the OB/GYN and found out I had very low progesterone (first level 1.3) and PCOS. I did a couple rounds of Provera and Femara, and got my BFP July 28 (well, it was really faint, but has gotten as dark as the control line yesterday).

So I'm 5wk 5 days, this is our first pregnancy and because of my low P levels my MD immediately put me on Prometrium (progesterone) capsules that I insert vaginally each night.

I feel like I've had mild symptoms...some breast tenderness, urinating often, fatigue. But my first appt isn't until Sept 2!!! I feel like I'm going crazy waiting a whole month to make sure this is real and our baby is healthy!

I've been driving myself crazy reading stuff online, and unfortunately stumbled across a lot of stories that just made me more anxious and worried. So, I'm very happy to have found this thread of positive attitudes! Best wishes to everyone!!

Welcome to all the new members in this thread and all of you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Karen: I've been soo soo tired all the time, then I go to bed and have no trouble falling asleep but I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes even twice to go pee lol After that it's kind of hard to get comfy again :( Also I've been having mosquitos in the room so I was hunting for them too haha

Sorry that I haven't been saying much lately but I'm having family over since my hubby is back from training :)

Anyone else has a pregnancy brain? haha. It's been bad the last week, I forget everything!! I even forget what I want to type sometimes or what I wanted to say. My breasts have been growing like crazy too. They only hurt to the touch but my new bra already doesn't fit anymore. Hope they don't get too big, as I already have decent sized ones and it makes my back hurt!

I bought 2 maternity pants yesterday cause my other pants are already so tight and hurt cause where they close they push too hard into my lower abdomen. Saw my neighbor today and she said "oh my gosh you are already showing!" I explained to her that it's just bloating but she said it looks more like a small baby bump. It also gets harder and harder to suck in my belly. lol

Can't wait for monday when I finally have my appointment to confirm pregnancy with my clinic, even though I already had an u/s up in Germany.

Sorry for so much text, just wanted to update you guys :)

Dang look at you pregnant lady! Haha, I am nowhere near showing or my boobs popping out! They can start doing that, I'm a ca B cup so I wouldn't mind some extra ;)

Right before I got my bfp a friend shared some coupons for something called bellyband which buttons onto your regular pants and expands with your belly - so I'm getting that in the mail soon!

That's so exciting you're going in for an appt, are you going to get to hear the heart beat? Mine is Sept 5th, can't wait :happydance:

My hubby and I have been trying to conceive since December 2013 (after I'd been on BCP for 10+ years) and after I stopped having my period coming off BCP, I went to the OB/GYN and found out I had very low progesterone (first level 1.3) and PCOS. I did a couple rounds of Provera and Femara, and got my BFP July 28 (well, it was really faint, but has gotten as dark as the control line yesterday).

So I'm 5wk 5 days, this is our first pregnancy and because of my low P levels my MD immediately put me on Prometrium (progesterone) capsules that I insert vaginally each night.

I feel like I've had mild symptoms...some breast tenderness, urinating often, fatigue. But my first appt isn't until Sept 2!!! I feel like I'm going crazy waiting a whole month to make sure this is real and our baby is healthy!

I've been driving myself crazy reading stuff online, and unfortunately stumbled across a lot of stories that just made me more anxious and worried. So, I'm very happy to have found this thread of positive attitudes! Best wishes to everyone!!

Welcome and congrats on your bfp! Yes I love this thread and positive thinking is the way to go :D Makes everything easier if you make an effort to think positively.

AFM nothing new, just talking to my belly every day asking it to stick ;)

Welcome here guffeyad! Don't read so much stuff on the internet, it drives you insane! I did the same. Also those forums can be scary too as there are a lot of people that had m/cs before all together in one place.
Don't be scared and take it day by day :) And I had the same symptoms when I was 5 weeks, they increased over the next weeks though and now here I am with a lot of symptoms, even nausea :)

Yea I heard about those belly bands but the problem is that my thighs are too big too now to fit my regular pants so I was like, whatever lol
No, I won't be able to hear the heartbeat, it's just gonna be an appointment for blood draw and such. I already had an u/s at 6+1 though and saw the little heart flicker, so I'm ok. :) Hope they don't take too long to put in the referral though (military hospital doesn't do u/s anymore so I have to go to the Italian hospital off post for one)

Oh thank god you're military so we understand each other's pain with tricare lol ;) these referrals take FOREVER!! So annoying.
Oh lucky you to have seen it already! :D

heyy and congratulations to all of you!! Can I join?? I am 5 weeks 6 days pregnant and super excited :)) I love that this thread is about being positive.. I'm all about that!! I am in awe that something so new and little can make me so scared and excited all at the same time. Scared only because of all the talk on here about mmc and losses and that is terrifying! Esp on the days where I feel completely normal! But I know everything is going to be okay and happen the way its suppose to :)) thank you ladies!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->