Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Hey welcome and congrats mamaespo :D It makes me worry too, when I'm feeling just fine and no symptoms to speak of! I have to remind myself that it's still very early so symptoms still have plenty of time to kick in. Although I've been pretty uncomfortable this morning - which is good I guess :rofl:
Sticky bean dust to you :)

thank you maggs! I have had waves of nausea (no throwing up yet) and sometimes sore boobs! I get really exhausted at random times.. not so much that I feel like I could fall asleep tho, more like just really lazy feeling. I also go pee soooo many times throughout the night! I hope all of this is a good sign/normal lol! I know now I'm wishing for more symptoms but I'm sure if ms comes and gets bad I will be wishing to feel like I do now :winkwink:

Has anyone else had their heart racing randomly? I have bouts of my heart pounding in my chest for no apparent reason. It makes it hard to sleep. My breasts have also been SOOO sore.

Maybe not randomly, but when I went to the gym this morning my heart was beating way harder than normal and it was hard to keep up even though it's a class I've been taking for 18 months now.

Has anyone else had their heart racing randomly? I have bouts of my heart pounding in my chest for no apparent reason. It makes it hard to sleep. My breasts have also been SOOO sore.

YES! My heart rate has been double what it normally is and if I do ANY type of activity it beats so fast and I feel out of breath much easier. I have a friend who when she was pregnant asked her doctor about it and he explained that basically your heart is pumping more because it is trying to create more blood and is pumping for more reasons. Makes sense :)

Maggz - I completely understand the tricare frustration haha. I love that we have insurance and know how blessed we are but oh the hoops I feel like I jump through at times. Our Naval Hospital likes to take their sweet time with stuff too. I peed in a cup for them early Friday afternoon, they put a "stat" label on the bag... I still haven't heard from them and the tricare online lab info hasn't updated with the results either. I want to know how high my levels were! Twins run in my family so I'm nervous that my levels are going to be super high which would indicate twins haha. I'm going to call Naval Monday around noon if they don't call me first.

I feel like this pinching/crampy feeling in my lower abdomen will never stop. I know its good and I LOVE having this symptom because I feel like it keeps me from worrying too much but it gets pretty uncomfortable at times. Does anyone else have this symptom? And my whole abdomen is just really tender :/

YES! My heart rate has been double what it normally is and if I do ANY type of activity it beats so fast and I feel out of breath much easier. I have a friend who when she was pregnant asked her doctor about it and he explained that basically your heart is pumping more because it is trying to create more blood and is pumping for more reasons. Makes sense :)

I feel like this pinching/crampy feeling in my lower abdomen will never stop. I know its good and I LOVE having this symptom because I feel like it keeps me from worrying too much but it gets pretty uncomfortable at times. Does anyone else have this symptom? And my whole abdomen is just really tender :/

Good to know about the heart rate. :) I have been having cramping on and off. I always have cramps before AF too, so I sometimes wonder if I'm just constipated. Lately, though, it has been more of a pinching lower down in front - off to the sides -, so can't be that. I guess we'll know how long it lasts when it finally stops - LOL. Can't wait for my first ultrasound. It will likely be around 11 weeks, but it seems like such a long way away. I'm just dying to hear that little heart beat.

I've also felt like I'm way out of shape or something when my heart is pounding really hard from walking upstairs. Haha glad I'm not alone.

I haven't called a doctor yet to make a first appointment but will probably look into it tomorrow. I'm wondering: is it normal to go get a hcg blood test and see progression? I want to just because I'm curious, but I don't know if that's actually necessary.

Sweetbliss, I've had milder af-like cramps since getting my BFP 2 days ago. You're not alone in that. My abdomen isn't tender, but I do feel lots of things going on I'm my uterus that aren't typical haha.

welcome all the new ladies, and congrats on your BFPs!

Got my first real prenatal checkup appt tomorrow with the midwives. As we dont have insurance atm, we are just paying OOP for midwife/birth center

Even tho I had a scan about 2 weeks ago and we saw the heart flickering, I kinda been wanting another US just for reassurance.. although Im still nauseous and exhausted. It hardly seems real that this pregnancy is sticking!!! so happy! :happydance:

Maggz - I completely understand the tricare frustration haha. I love that we have insurance and know how blessed we are but oh the hoops I feel like I jump through at times. Our Naval Hospital likes to take their sweet time with stuff too. I peed in a cup for them early Friday afternoon, they put a "stat" label on the bag... I still haven't heard from them and the tricare online lab info hasn't updated with the results either. I want to know how high my levels were! Twins run in my family so I'm nervous that my levels are going to be super high which would indicate twins haha. I'm going to call Naval Monday around noon if they don't call me first.

Exactly. Same here! I'm grateful and all that :) But seriously - I can't make an appointment with my ob until my PCM sends a request to Tricare, gets an answer back, and clears it with the ob office. Instead of me just calling Tricare directly to get it all done in one day. Hoops everywhere lol.
I am kinda happy that I won't be using a Military facility cause of all the bad stories I've heard about them. My friend had a horrible birth at one of their hospitals.
You said they don't have an ob at yours, right?
Ooh twins that would be exciting :D

I've also felt like I'm way out of shape or something when my heart is pounding really hard from walking upstairs. Haha glad I'm not alone.

I haven't called a doctor yet to make a first appointment but will probably look into it tomorrow. I'm wondering: is it normal to go get a hcg blood test and see progression? I want to just because I'm curious, but I don't know if that's actually necessary.

Sweetbliss, I've had milder af-like cramps since getting my BFP 2 days ago. You're not alone in that. My abdomen isn't tender, but I do feel lots of things going on I'm my uterus that aren't typical haha.

No I don't think the hcg progression is necessary, just something doctors can offer for reassurance I believe.

welcome all the new ladies, and congrats on your BFPs!

Got my first real prenatal checkup appt tomorrow with the midwives. As we dont have insurance atm, we are just paying OOP for midwife/birth center

Even tho I had a scan about 2 weeks ago and we saw the heart flickering, I kinda been wanting another US just for reassurance.. although Im still nauseous and exhausted. It hardly seems real that this pregnancy is sticking!!! so happy! :happydance:

Aw that's so exciting! Let us know how it goes :D
I see you're in San Diego, I'm like an hour away from there!

Welcome and congratulations to our new joiners!!! :flower:

I hope everybody had a nice weekend!

Has anyone found their emotions to be really kicked up lately? I was feeling really mellow until a couple days ago, but now I find myself getting all upset or stressed for silly, minor things! Argh, lol.

I just can't wait for the u/s on Wednesday!!! I'm literally counting down the hours! :)

Sorry for the page post, but I wanted to catch up...
My face has been so broken out!...
My face is turning into the moon as I type. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm used to my face being smooth and these little break outs are p'ing me off lol..

I am definitely tired and fall asleep very quickly, but every night I seem to wake up and am wide awake, for no reason. It takes at least an hour to fall back asleep. Ahhh. :wacko:
My sleep hours are out of whack too nowadays. Same here

Hi everyone! Making my way over here from TTC positive thinking buddies! Didn't think it would happen this soon but I'm over the moon about it! Good to know there's such sweet support here in this group....
Hi Everybody! Can I join in?...
My hubby and I have been trying to conceive since December 2013 (after I'd been on BCP for 10+ years) and after I stopped having my period coming off BCP, I went to the OB/GYN and found out I had very low progesterone (first level 1.3) and PCOS. I did a couple rounds of Provera and Femara, and got my BFP July 28 (well, it was really faint, but has gotten as dark as the control line yesterday).

So I'm 5wk 5 days, this is our first pregnancy...
heyy and congratulations to all of you!! Can I join?? I am 5 weeks 6 days pregnant and super excited :))...

I just want to welcome and congratulate all of you ladies on your :bfp:s and a H&H9 to you all. This is definitely the most exciting time in a woman's life I think, especially when it's your first pregnancy and you've been trying and didn't think it would happen. Lots and Lots of :dust: to us all, and I know you ladies are on :cloud9: like the rest of us...again, CONGRATZ!!
Got my first real prenatal checkup appt tomorrow with the midwives. As we dont have insurance atm...

Woohoo!! Swampmaiden, I "officially" meet my midwife on Thursday. I've met with her previously because of the other complications I was having, but she said there's more that we would need to talk about on Thursday, a 90 minute session, and I have to meet the other midwives just in case she isn't there, I'd feel comfortable with them. So, all in all, she seems pretty nice and genuinely concerned for her patients, I don't just feel like a number or just another pregnant woman, and you've got to love that! I can't wait to see your update. I read too you saw your baby's heartbeat as well, that's so awesome. You should post a pic of your U/S!!??

I've officially graduated to the vomiting class though :sick:, at first I thought it was a fluke, but nope:nope: It's been ruling my life these last couple of days, and it feels like it's non-stop, but I won't complain...but I will say this: be careful what you wish for though Ladies :)

Exactly. Same here! I'm grateful and all that :) But seriously - I can't make an appointment with my ob until my PCM sends a request to Tricare, gets an answer back, and clears it with the ob office. Instead of me just calling Tricare directly to get it all done in one day. Hoops everywhere lol.
I am kinda happy that I won't be using a Military facility cause of all the bad stories I've heard about them. My friend had a horrible birth at one of their hospitals.
You said they don't have an ob at yours, right?
Ooh twins that would be exciting :D

Yeah, there isn't an OB at our military facility. They closed it just a few months ago because they were having to deliver all babies at the hospital just 1 mile down the road anyway. It was rather pointless. I'm guessing that you're on Prime, right? I don't know what branch or rank your husband is but I do know that for E-4 and below you can switch to Standard for your pregnancy, be seen out in town, and then switch back to Prime. But he has to be E-4 or below, if he isn't then you'd have to wait like 1 year I think it is to switch back to Prime, for some reason that rule doesn't apply for lower ranks. You can PM me if you need help or have any questions! I've never done it and can't now but I do know people who have done it.
Has your PCM not confirmed your pregnancy yet?!

Naval finally called and confirmed with me this morning and she gave me the run down on everything. I'm so anxious to finally have my referral and set up the first appointment with the OB :happydance:

Welcome and congratulations to our new joiners!!! :flower:

I hope everybody had a nice weekend!

Has anyone found their emotions to be really kicked up lately? I was feeling really mellow until a couple days ago, but now I find myself getting all upset or stressed for silly, minor things! Argh, lol.

I just can't wait for the u/s on Wednesday!!! I'm literally counting down the hours! :)

If by emotions you mean irrational annoyances then yes! My coworkers piss me off lol I feel like I'm picking up their slack and I hate it. Normally it wouldn't bother me too much but last night I just had enough. Thankfully I felt better after venting to dh lol poor guy.

Yeah, there isn't an OB at our military facility. They closed it just a few months ago because they were having to deliver all babies at the hospital just 1 mile down the road anyway. It was rather pointless. I'm guessing that you're on Prime, right? I don't know what branch or rank your husband is but I do know that for E-4 and below you can switch to Standard for your pregnancy, be seen out in town, and then switch back to Prime. But he has to be E-4 or below, if he isn't then you'd have to wait like 1 year I think it is to switch back to Prime, for some reason that rule doesn't apply for lower ranks. You can PM me if you need help or have any questions! I've never done it and can't now but I do know people who have done it.
Has your PCM not confirmed your pregnancy yet?!

Naval finally called and confirmed with me this morning and she gave me the run down on everything. I'm so anxious to finally have my referral and set up the first appointment with the OB :happydance:

Yeah we wouldn't be able to do that then. Is standard easier to deal with than prime? I guess it really doesn't matter from here on out since I just need the referral so my ob has permission to "treat me for pregnancy" lol.
No the thing was that I already had a scheduled check up with my ob when I found out I was pregnant so I didn't have to go to my PCM. Last time they told me that I needed to always come in (to the PCM) first before they can submit a request but now they said I don't need it - whatever, I'm not gonna go there if I don't have to haha.

Yay! When is your appointment? Did they tell you your levels?

...I hope everybody had a nice weekend!

My weekend was not as nice as I'd like it to be lol, but hey, I'm still here :)!! My emotions have been all over the place though, especially with this new v-stage :sick:, I've been really pissy lately ::growlmad: so my hubby is getting the worst of it! I'm definitely irritated by everything in life right now...I just hope this past soon b/c I'm so not a debby downer, or pissy patsy! I love being my happy self

Maggz - No they didn't tell me my levels. Apparently it is only negative or positive but when I google what the name of the lab is it says there are levels so I'm just going to keep checking tricare online until it updates and has the levels on there haha. I have to wait for the referral to be approved before I can schedule my appointment so hopefully that doesn't take too long!

That's strange that they were giving you such a hard time. I hope it gets straightened out soon! I think we're really close in our pregnancy, no?

I'm right there with you ladies on crazy emotions. I have pretty much lost my mind multiple times over the weekend. I think most of it is that DH's mother, step father, and 2 youngest brothers are getting here Saturday and to say that I dislike his mother is an understatement. They are causing me SO much stress and frustration. I'm sorry but I feel like if you're going to STAY at someone else's house and they are paying for everything and are feeding you for free, then you shouldn't call them and tell them what kind of food you don't like! It is free, I'm paying for it and making it, be grateful! Ahhhh! Okay, I'm just going to stop now before I get worked up again. I'm pretty sure if they weren't coming then I'd be perfectly fine other then maybe a little bit more emotionally sensitive.

Haha yeah just stay on that refresh button :D
Yeah it's been very weird ever since we moved and I got the new PCM, but I think it's gonna be fine. I would just love to have a midwife and I don't know what to do about that lol

Oh I'm sorry they're giving you such a hard time! That is very rude of them. I agree completely, you shouldn't expect stuff like that when you're staying with someone for free, I would even expect that they bought dinner or offered to make it a couple of times. Hope it turns out better than it's looking right now. :hugs:

Haha yeah just stay on that refresh button :D
Yeah it's been very weird ever since we moved and I got the new PCM, but I think it's gonna be fine. I would just love to have a midwife and I don't know what to do about that lol

Oh I'm sorry they're giving you such a hard time! That is very rude of them. I agree completely, you shouldn't expect stuff like that when you're staying with someone for free, I would even expect that they bought dinner or offered to make it a couple of times. Hope it turns out better than it's looking right now. :hugs:

Look into birth centers in your area! We have one about an hour away and we are allowed to deliver there, you just have to pay a fee, I think its like $300 but I feel like that isn't bad at all for how incredible of a facility it is. I'm talking queen size beds and actual real rooms, not hospital rooms lol and they have birthing tubs and all. See if there is one in your area, mid wives are usually who run them.

Thanks! I'm just going to try to hang in there and hopefully they'll be here and gone before I know it then I won't have to see them for a very, very long time lol

It's exciting that some appointments are coming up. Let us know how it goes! We're waiting impatiently for ours... I'm in Canada, and everything seems to take a lot longer since it's public health care. Went to see my GP, and she basically told me that if I'm going the midwife route, all she can say is congrats and wish me well. So I guess I'm waiting until mid-September to meet the midwife! Then I'll likely have only two ultrasounds (11 and 20 weeks), so I'm really hoping everything is developing as it should in there.

ahh Hoping Carter, finally puking? lol
I feel for ya, being sick puts a real cramp on the life style... just enjoy the days when its not so bad.. and yes, we all know being sick is a good sign, but after just a week or so of it, I was already complaining lol so no worries, nobodys gonna judge you for not enjoying being sick!

as for my U/S, I got it nearly 2 weeks ago and i posted a pic.. cant find the post atm, but we saw the heartbeat, fetal pole, yolk sac, double ring everything.. really really good signs!!

as for the rest of you ladies, good luck getting all the detail worked out!! we can't wait to see all your u/s photos!!! :)

sweetbliss - yeah I did look into it there's one about an hour away from here as well, they don't have hospital privileges but I'm not sure I want to deliver a) so far from home and b) not in a hospital... I might call them again and get to go on a tour of the facility.

That sucks though that you don't like your in-laws. How long is your hubby staying in/you all overseas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->