Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Awwww Congrats Klink! Hearing that heartbeat IS indeed magical. Just to know that that's what is growing inside you, and just a week ago it was just a fetalpole, is miraculous on its own!! I'm so happy you got to see your bean :dance:
Now we can finally take that breathe of relief and enjoy the next 8 months:cloud9:

Thank you :) I didn't hear the heartbeat but I saw it flicker. The doc pretty much did nothing but show me that the baby's heart is beating and that it's in the uterus. I didn't ask for more cause she said she'll do it for free.

thats great klink, I'm so glad that you are reassured it wasnt an ectopic or anything bad. I know the feeling of thinking theres something wrong in there.. its such a relief to see the embryo and see the heartbeat. heres to a happy healthy next several months... 8 more to go i think? :)

Yes, it indeed is a relief. I was so happy, yesterday. Oh and as for symptoms, the sickness strikes more and more often. I haven't puked yet though :D

I know that feeling. The nausea feels like an all day, everyday hangover!! Every smells makes me gag but nothing comes up..I know it's coming for us both though lol

same here, the all day nausea is getting to me..I know I should eat but I dont wanna.. it's especially bad if im tired, early in the morning, hungry, or in a car.. and tho I try to remember to tell myself: of its an excellent sign of a progressing pregnancy... it still sucks

I never realized how bad the fatigue and nausea could be..

Swampmaiden, that's how I get it mostly too!! :wacko:
Am I crazy to be only 6 weeks and already look at cribs and all that stuff? Do y'all do it as well?? And there are sooo many, I can't decide which one I want, though it'll definitely be a 4 in 1 crib.
Also who do you want your little one to look more alike? I want ours to have my dark hair and his blue eyes :smug:

No I've been looking too!! I haven't really found anything that I just have to have yet, but I've definitely seem some cribs and bedding that were gorgeous.
When it comes to looks though I haven't really thought about that, out of all things I do think about, but since you mentioned it if it's a girl, I would want her to look like him. He has the longest, prettiest eyelashes. I guess I'd love that for my son too, but more my daughter. But I would want son to have my nose and eyes, with his height.

Also who do you want your little one to look more alike? I want ours to have my dark hair and his blue eyes :smug:

I want ours to take after him if its a girl as though he is taller than I, he more fine boned than me.. Im like an Irish milkmaid.. hes a fine musician lol

If its a boy, i want it to have my big head and sturdy body

No matter what gender, I dont want it to have red hair like me.. my husband is the odd blond, blue eyed person in his family of dark italians, and Im the odd redhead in a family of brunettes.. so Im hopin for a genetic throwback.. no pink skin lol

BUT.. I'm seriously at the point Id be happy with whatever as long as its healthy and no mental/physical defections or disabilities

And no, I havent been looking at any cribs or clothes or nothing... Im going to cross that bridge in a few months.. for now I'm just hoping to make it outta first trimester, but so far so good!!!!!!! :)

Yea I can't wait to be out of the first trimester either. But even then there's so much that can happen. In the second and third I probably worry about the umbilical cord being wrapped around baby's neck :/ I probably will get a doppler, just to be on the safe side :)

klink, that is so amazing that you got to see your baby's heartbeat! I'm very happy for you!

I too have been very nauseated, mostly in the mornings and late at night. No throwing up yet, but I've had some not so fun dry heaves :wacko:

I am counting down the days till my ultrasound - 9 more to go! Once I see the heartbeat, it will all feel completely real, and I think I will be able to feel a lot more relaxed since the scare I had. :thumbup:

For what I think our child will look like, my husband has light, kind of wavy brown hair and blue-green eyes, and I have wavy-curly medium brown hair and brown eyes, so I imagine our kids will have some degree of wavy brown hair. We're both fair-skinned, and have lean frames as well, so I think that will likely carry through, too. It's so exciting to think about what they will look like!

Oh, and I've totally looked at cribs, bedding sets, clothes, etc. online, too! Nothing wrong with thinking ahead! :)

There you are Karen, I was wondering where you've been :)
I can't wait for you to have your u/s either! Can your hubs come with you?

Sorry I've been MIA! It's been a very busy weekend. Friday, our friends got married, semi-out of town. On Saturday, we went to a friend's going away party, then my cousin's backyard party, then went out to dinner with my visiting sister and her boyfriend, and back to our house for games. Then yesterday we had church, family brunch, and a meeting with our young adults group. Whew! Today is a holiday where I live, though, so I don't have to work! Ahhh. :thumbup:

Yes, my hubby will be coming with me to the ultrasound! I'm so happy! I got the latest appiontment they have, so he will just be leaving work early that day so he can make it in time. I can't wait!! :happydance:

Oh I wish my weekend would be that busy :( It's only until the weekend until I will leave here and on Thursday I'll see my hubby graduate from the school he attended for a month and after that my days are gonna be more busy and stuff, but boy does this week drag. It seems like an eternity.
Sorry TMI but does any one else have A LOT of cm lol some days it's not much at all and others I feel like it's a lot.

yes klink, lots of 'leucorhea'.. the paranoia of it being blood has passed.. now its just a part of life that stuff is constantly dripping. I think its our bodies way of cleaning out the vah-jayjay.. I was reading that bacteria/yeast infections have been found in nearly half of women who have mc'ed. not to say that caused it, but infections can definitely contribute

I, too, have been very busy.. I wish I had along interminable weeks with nothing planned... that sounds so awesome.. Id play video games, read books, clean the house, cook dinner, go for walks in the canyon.. instead all I do is sleep or eat between work shifts.. about to go take a nap right now as it is... 140p here lol

Haha but don't we all wish for the things we don't have? :) Congrats on being 8 weeks tomorrow btw :)

Yes, that's true - we tend to want what we don't have! I am busy and on the go most of the time so I wish for quieter days, but I also remember earlier times when I didn't have much to do, and I felt bored, lol. I guess it all evens out!

I work two shifts today - a lesson planning shift in the morning, and a teaching shift this afternoon/evening. In between, I have to come home and cook dinner, do the dishes, etc. so that we can eat dinner when I get home at 8:30 pm, or else we'd be eating at around 10:00! I'd rather just sleep in between, but my husband doesn't know how to cook, and he works a really long day so I want to make sure there's a nice meal for him. Oh well, I've gotten pretty used to it now!

Hi everyone!

I am new to this thread, and I hope I can join you. I got my first BFP a few days ago, but was kind of driving myself crazy because it was very faint and I was cramping - still am, turns out that symptom carries on into pregnancy and is not exclusive to AF.

So here I am, hoping for the best. I am probably going the midwife route, so have to wait for an appointment with the group here.

Well hello and welcome lacanadienne!! H&H9 to you! I have a midwife too, and so far she's been pretty awesome :thumbup: Let us know how it goes at your appointment. How long do you have to wait for one?

karen, thats unbelievable you can work 2 shifts, cook dinner, wash dishes and not even go to bed til prob 10p.. I took a 3.5 hour nap yesterday, and couldve slept the whole night through. my husband got lucky yesterday tho, cuz I felt okay enough to make a quick easy pasta dinner, but usually hes been having to fend for his ownself.. and he does most the dishes.. and then Im still back in bed by 9p lol
I have been so tired and sick feeling, its getting ridiculous

welcome to the thread lacanadienne.. is this your first pregnancy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->