Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

sweetbliss - yeah I did look into it there's one about an hour away from here as well, they don't have hospital privileges but I'm not sure I want to deliver a) so far from home and b) not in a hospital... I might call them again and get to go on a tour of the facility.

That sucks though that you don't like your in-laws. How long is your hubby staying in/you all overseas?

That is the same with our birth center. It is 1 hour away and I'm not too crazy about delivering that far away. Let me know if you do go take the tour!

We aren't overseas, we're in South Carolina :) DH has been in for 6 years now and still has 3 on contract. He's torn between re-enlisting again or getting out after this term. Is your DH staying in?

Haha wow for some reason I had it fixed in my mind that you were in Italy?! hahahaha

Will do - I also wanna check out the hospital (that's literally down the street from us) which was just redone so it apparently looks really nice.

Lol it depends on the day of the week if mine wants to stay in or not, if he makes chief before his time is up it might be worth it for him. He still has 4 years left.

It's exciting that some appointments are coming up. Let us know how it goes! We're waiting impatiently for ours... I'm in Canada, and everything seems to take a lot longer since it's public health care. Went to see my GP, and she basically told me that if I'm going the midwife route, all she can say is congrats and wish me well. So I guess I'm waiting until mid-September to meet the midwife! Then I'll likely have only two ultrasounds (11 and 20 weeks), so I'm really hoping everything is developing as it should in there.

Hey huni

Can you get a private scan?? We can get private scans for about £50 in the uk, might be worthwhile if you can?? Xx

Haha Karen I feel you! I've been crying for stupid reasons, even though to me they (still lol) are not stupid.
Went to WIC today and got my checks - yay :)
I've been so frustrated lately with just everything. Nothing works out the way I want it to and my family is here so I am super tired all day but can't sleep cause we are going on trips. They leave tomorrow so I am glad and sad at the same time. I always miss them when they are gone but I'm just way too tired lately to truly enjoy family time. :(
And I have cramping on and off since I got my bfp too ladies :)

Hi Phoenix, and welcome to the thread!
It seems to me like most of the private u/s clinics are pretty much there exclusively for gender determination, which is not done this early. Also, there is quite some controversy since some clinics used to (I don't know if they still do) let you figure out the gender before 20 weeks, and a lot of women aborted girls after that. It seems so sad to me that this is the reality. You can usually get a doctor to order an u/s before 10-11 weeks if you're high risk, but otherwise it happens between 10-13 weeks.

Hey huni

Can you get a private scan?? We can get private scans for about £50 in the uk, might be worthwhile if you can?? Xx

I'm happy to see you here, Phoenix!! How are you feeling? How far along are you now?

Sorry to hear some here have been having stress and family troubles! Best wishes for everyone! :hugs:

Haha wow for some reason I had it fixed in my mind that you were in Italy?! hahahaha

Will do - I also wanna check out the hospital (that's literally down the street from us) which was just redone so it apparently looks really nice.

Lol it depends on the day of the week if mine wants to stay in or not, if he makes chief before his time is up it might be worth it for him. He still has 4 years left.

I believe there is a girl on this thread who has a husband in the service and she lives in Italy, I can't recall her name though. That sounds just like my husband haha. Flip flops back and forth. At least they both still have plenty of time to decide :)
How have you been feeling?

Yeah I just realized - it's klink! Totally confused you two together.

I'm okay just like a human burp, fart, and peeing machine :rofl:
How about you?

Yea it was me lol

Well got bad news, the hubby and I are gonna be separated for the entire pregnancy starting middle of October. I am so heartbroken :( And it's not even because of a deployment but because he can't reenlist anymore and my visa is not done. It was unexpected cause they told him the wrong reenlistment dates :(
I am so scared to do all of the pregnancy on my own. :'(

What?? So you can't stay in Italy?

That sounds horrible I'm so sorry :(
If it's any consolation at least you'll have internet so you can update frequently... but I know that's not the same as having him there. I'd be freaking out too. :hugs: :hugs:

Yea it was me lol

Well got bad news, the hubby and I are gonna be separated for the entire pregnancy starting middle of October. I am so heartbroken :( And it's not even because of a deployment but because he can't reenlist anymore and my visa is not done. It was unexpected cause they told him the wrong reenlistment dates :(
I am so scared to do all of the pregnancy on my own. :'(

Sorry to hear that klink. That sounds like a nightmare. So are you staying in Italy while he goes back to the States or the other way around?

He'll be going back stateside and I'll be going back home to Germany to have the baby there and get my visa and everything situated. It's gonna be hard but we gotta make it work somehow. I was thinking having him on skype while ultrasounds and such :) And I know that I can always talk to you ladies on here :hugs:

How are all of you feeling today? I've been really struggling with the heat lately.

Oh so you don't have a US visa? That sucks. Are you guys married? You can pm me I just went through the whole applying for residency thing :)

I'm feeling good, kinda worries me how little nausea I've felt today and yesterday but my ob just called and my hormones are multiplying normally :D

that sucks klink

my husband is leaving me also in September to enroll in school like 500 miles away.. this had been the plan even before we became pregnant. We can't really afford for both of us to go up together, and our lease is still good til January, so I'll be by myself pretty much, except for his breaks from the school program. I'm also hoping to move in with my in-laws (his uncle, aunt, grandma) after our lease is up.. they have a huge house and this will be the first baby for their family, so it'd be great.. but my husband may not even be here for the birth :(

Its just how life goes sometimes, at least you will still have family in Germany, just like I'll have family here.

maggz: Exactly that's what we are starting to work on now, my green card. It won't take that long but I'm terrified of flying so I might just wait to fly over until after I have the baby.

swampmaiden: So we both are kind of in the same boat except that I won't see mine at all :) We'll get through this. :hugs:

So sorry you're having to deal with all of that Klink! I hope the green card process goes really fast! Maybe you could start a blog to document and write everything in so he could follow it and still be in on everything you're thinking, feeling, and doing. I don't know if you have a better way to communicate though. I'm doing a blog just to have to look back on.

I'm very sorry to hear that, klink! That stinks and must be so frustrating. :( I hope and pray something will work out for you!

maggz, I know what you mean; when I was earlier on I was worried that the morning sickness hadn't started yet - but it will! Around the late 6- early 7 week point I really started feeling it pretty badly. I haven't thrown up yet, but it feels like I'm going to very often, especially after breakfast and later at night. Today I'm feeling it even before having eaten. I just remind myself, it's a good sign and it's all worth it! :)

I have a couple questions for you ladies who had the early ultrasound!

1) Did they do a transabdominal, or transvaginal? I am personally hoping they can get a clear picture/heartbeat with just the transabdominal, but I don't know for sure what they will do. If any of you had the transvaginal type, did you have any bleeding afterward?

2) Is it customary to get a printout of the ultrasound picture, or do you have to specially ask for one/buy one? I definitely want to get one to show my family!

Have a great day, everyone! :hugs:

Oh ladies I'm so sorry to hear that you have to be away from your hubbies during this pregnancy! It just sucks so bad...I know you guys are gonna both be fine, but I'm sure the thoughts are horrible and upsetting. I will be praying that all works out in your favors, no matter what. :hugs:

I'm a little better. I just got taught a lesson about eating so many pickles :haha: Oh, they are my kryptonite!! The :sick: ceased a little bit so I'm able to actually breathe now and have a full on conversation, which is progress. I just didn't think it would come on this strong already, oh well. Today Ms Karen gets her U/S though :happydance: can't wait to hear the update! And tomorrow I get my "official" scan and from what I've read my baby should have arm and leg buds and a distinct head shape, omg I can't wait :cloud9:

2) Is it customary to get a printout of the ultrasound picture, or do you have to specially ask for one/buy one? I definitely want to get one to show my family!

Have a great day, everyone! :hugs:

I haven't had an ultrasound yet, but in Canada I've heard they can give you one printout, but some hospitals will charge you for it. I guess you'll just have to ask at your appointment. Good luck! It's exciting!

Hi Karen, to answer your ?s

1) I got 2 early U/S which was a blessing, but they were both transvaginal ultimately. The second I got, they did do an ab one with a transvaginal follwing, but I couldn't see as much on the transabdominal. They only did the transabdominal to see if they could see something that early, and we did still see the baby at 6w 5d, but it wasn't really clear (don't know if it was the machine or what). Yes, I did have bleeding, but that was due to an issue I have. Overall baby is still fine. It might be scary to see at first if you do bleed, but it goes away fairly quickly.
2)Since this is your "official" 8 week scan, you should definitely rec'v your pics. I know in the US, we do at the dating scan. If they don't automatically, I don't see the harm in you asking for one. They should understand.

Hope you get your pics and GL at your scanning today!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->