Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

I got my referral and scheduled my first appointment! September 8th at 10 am! :) :) :) I'll be between 8 weeks and 8 weeks+3 depending on if they go by my period or by my ovulation date. 8 weeks isn't too early for an ultrasound is it? I'm really glad that they scheduled me at that time since she said they aim for between 8 and 10 weeks, the sooner the better for my anxiety lol but I'm just nervous that it'd be too early to see much on the u/s?

Let the countdown begin: 26 days to go!

YAYY! Sweetbliss :yipee: I know you're happy to at least have that to look forward to, and NO, 8 weeks is exactly the same time they give you here in the US, unless something goes wrong or happens unexpectedly, so that's perfect. The good thing is at that GA, your baby has arm buds and leg buds and a little (or big) head haha. I know it seems like a long time from now, but it's gonna come a lot sooner than you think. We're all gonna be on that countdown with you :)

After weeks of just feeling really sick.. like motion sickness... I threw up for the first time this morning..

Im also an olive now.

And boy, after my puke did I feel much better!!! Now I've got a toasted pb&j holding things down in there.. and I feel pretty good.

I havent had an u/s since about 6.5 weeks, when all was well. I was getting a lil paranoid, esp cuz over the weekend my symptoms had faded a bit, but they came back stronger than ever yesterday.. where I slept more than I was awake during the 24 hr day lol

karen, youll have to ask for a print out

After weeks of just feeling really sick.. like motion sickness... I threw up for the first time this morning..

Im also an olive now.

And boy, after my puke did I feel much better!!! Now I've got a toasted pb&j holding things down in there.. and I feel pretty good.

I havent had an u/s since about 6.5 weeks, when all was well. I was getting a lil paranoid, esp cuz over the weekend my symptoms had faded a bit, but they came back stronger than ever yesterday.. where I slept more than I was awake during the 24 hr day lol

karen, youll have to ask for a print out

LOL ohhhh boy Swamp, I see you're crossing over to the dark side too :haha:...It does make you feel better than being nauseous all day, but it's still not fun. I'm now a Raspberry as of today (thanks to Karen's b/c I don't have that ticker)
Do they not just give them u/s printouts over there? I could've sworn that would be the usual to do at 8 weeks to see development, I guess not in Canada huh? O I just read too, another poster said they could charge her for a printout, that highway robbery!! It's her baby's growth WTH!! Sheesh, it should not be that difficult to press "print" (or whatever they press) when they're already taking stills of it anyway.....Anywho, I hope she gets one

According to what to expect I'm 5w today but all the other apps/tickers say 4w6d... But I decided to "celebrate" 5w anyways lol ;) So it's like an orange seed now with a pole and a primitive heart!

Karen good luck on your ultrasound, made me feel a little better that yours didn't kick in until later.
I think hopingcarter is right, you can get a better look by doing the transvaginal usually since it's still so tiny :)

Aw swampmaiden congrats on your first puke :haha: just kidding, but yeah I remember when my sister was pregnant with her third she used to go in the kitchen in the morning and smell something she didn't like so she would throw up and then she could carry on with her day haha.

Yay sweetbliss!! Our appointments are just days apart, mine is the 5th! :D It's so freaking exciting

HopingCarter- Thank you so much for the reassurance! I kept telling myself that's normal but I think I just wasn't expecting them to see me until like 10 weeks so it was a pleasant surprise that caught me off guard. And I totally sat here for almost 5 minutes trying to figure out what GA was... I was like uhm.... Georgia? But I'm pretty sure she isn't talking about the state then the light bulb turned on hahaha GESTATIONAL AGE!

Swampmaiden- I am not looking forward to that nauseous stage! I get waves of it now but have yet to throw up. Glad you're feeling better though!

Maggz- We can count down together! :)

LOL I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I'm new to forum lingo so when I looked it up, that's the abbreviation I saw and I ran with it haha, my badz!!

Maggz, I didn't notice you had your scan date too, Cool beanz!! Karen and I were like you guys too. The countdown is really fun, especially when another momma has one right near yours. It's always good to hear the updates too! Up next...Klink I think :haha:

thats for the support ladies.. its kinda funny to be congratulated for puking lol

But yeah, I've felt much better today.. especially when Im sitting down. Now I gotta get a nap in because I have a 6p-midnight shift today at work.. its gunna suuuuccckkk.... but at least once Friday is over, my 50+ hr/weeks will have ended thank god, even though Im working thru the weekend, its funny how work gets you.. finish a 50 hour week on Saturday, then start fresh again sunday with all 25 hours piled up right in beginning of week, so its really like working 75 hours in 9 days.. I cannot wait for next Wednesday... I'll have 3 days off in a row, I cant even believe it, Im so excited its like looking forward to christmas

Haha yeah swampmaiden what kinda world are we apart of :haha:
What do you do where you work 50 hour weeks? Sounds intense... I only work part time but it's stilll always so nice to have 2 consecutive days off lol

Yay sweetbliss! I'm so excited for us :D

I'm so excited for all of y'all's u/s! I still don't have a date for mine yet :/ Damn tricare. They said they were gonna call within 5 business days which would be monday. So if they don't call until lunch I'll call in the afternoon haha. Here in Italy they only do ultrasounds around weeks 9-10 so I still gotta wait a bit. Tomorrow I'll be 8 weeks and my husband is trying to change our situation big times. He's gonna talk to his commander today and see if we can get at least an extension so my visa can be done in time and I can fly to the states with him. I have him kiss the baby goodnight now. weirdo. lol
Yesterday I looked down on my boobs and just thought "Those are not mine." They were already big before but boy are they huge now. I feel like my boobs are bigger than my face and they definitely look weird on my tiny body.
The WIC lady weight me and said I gained too much weight, which I did but I was also only roughly 100lbs before this pregnancy. Now I am 108lbs but you can't even see where all that weight went so I'm not too worried. It's not that I live of junk food. I actually eat pretty healthy so we will see.

Klink I'm rocking in the same boat as you!! I did gain 9lbs since I've been pregnant and I wasn't too concerned about it. My hubby said it all went to my butt which it did. But now that I've lost 4 lbs (thanks to the puking:sick: ) I don't know where it leaving from because the butt's still there lol!! My boobs have always been pretty huge so it would be hard to tell if they got bigger :( Maybe when I'm toppling over I'll get the idea ;). I believe that I'm going to carry my weight in my butt and hips because my stomach hasn't swelled at all yet, idk..maybe later
I can't wait to see my little peanut today. I'm definitely gonna post some pics for you gals. I wonder how Karen's U/S went? I hope everything went well.

I hope you ladies are having/going to have a good day today :)

Klink - I hope Tricare gets their stuff together! If they don't call you by Monday, post here and I'll get you the number to call them at. Let us know what your husband's command says too!

You and HopingCarter need to send some of the boobage this way! haha I've never been blessed in that area so I'm looking forward to them hopefully getting with the program in the next few months. They've been hurting so bad the last few days so hopefully they're on their way! I have no clue how much weight I've gained, I know it is some though or at least I feel like it is some. I'm nervous to even find out!

You and HopingCarter need to send some of the boobage this way! haha I've never been blessed in that area so I'm looking forward to them hopefully getting with the program in the next few months. They've been hurting so bad the last few days so hopefully they're on their way! I have no clue how much weight I've gained, I know it is some though or at least I feel like it is some. I'm nervous to even find out!

Sweetbliss, I'm with you on the boobage thing - lol - though I did measure them at some point and figured out I just have an abnormally small band size that they don't make, so I have to buy the smallest bra they make. My boobs have been killing me since at least two weeks ago, and they seem to have grown a bit, but not drastically.

Also, have been having nausea for three days now. It's a weird world where we're actually happy that the nausea comes. Not happy to be nauseous, but you know, happy that it's a good sign.

Oh yeah - just for everyone's information, since I had a bit of a freakout yesterday... hard cheeses are ok to eat even if they are made with unpasteurized (raw) milk - if they are aged more than 60 days, you're good, because the salt and enzymes kill the bacteria.

klink I really hope your dh's command can keep him for a little longer so you can come over here together. Do you know where he'll be stationed when you move?

Lol I agree with sweetbliss you guys need to share the boobies! I wouldn't mind getting some of that but my boobs don't even hurt yet... I'm kinda waiting for the 6 week mark before I freak out... Also with the ms since I haven't really felt it for the past 4-5 days, I can feel like an inkling of it but not as bad as it was the first couple of days, and def not bad enough to be puking!

Haha good to know lacanadienne, what kind of cheese did you freak out about?

Lol I agree with sweetbliss you guys need to share the boobies! I wouldn't mind getting some of that but my boobs don't even hurt yet... I'm kinda waiting for the 6 week mark before I freak out... Also with the ms since I haven't really felt it for the past 4-5 days, I can feel like an inkling of it but not as bad as it was the first couple of days, and def not bad enough to be puking!

Haha good to know lacanadienne, what kind of cheese did you freak out about?

Don't worry too much, maggz, I wasn't nauseous as early as you, and I'm not feeling like puking yet. It's still early in the game, and trust me - as much as it's a good sign, it's not pleasant.

And I was freaking out about cheddar cheese.

Hello, my friends!!

The ultrasound went amazing!!! The baby measured at exactly 8 weeks (my ticker is a little ahead because I ovulated on day 17), which confirmed the due date I had calculated of March 25! And we also got to see the heartbeat, which was measured at 170bpm!

What a joy and a relief! It was one of the best moments of my life for sure!

We also got 3 printouts. You can't see much specifically but we can tell which end is the head and which is the feet - at least we think so, haha!

I'm so happy!!!!!!

swampmaiden, sorry the vomiting has started, but that's good that you felt relief afterwards! I wasn't sure if that would be the case, since it's different from throwing up from rotten food or drinking or something. Good to know!

I am with you gals on the bigger boobs! Mine have always been super small, but over these last couple weeks they've been growing pretty steadily, and it is admittedly very exciting, haha.

Aw I'm so happy it went well Karen!! That must have been so amazing to hear and see :D I bet it feels even more real now! Hahah also happy for you and your growing boobs ;)

Karen that's great the u/s went well! Sounds so exciting!

Sweetbliss we have an appointment the same day! I'm also September 8th at 9:30am :thumbup:

Klink that's good DH is trying to get your situation changed, I hope it works out for you guys! And dang girl, 100lbs, you're so tiny!

My boobs just started becoming a tiny bit sore today, but it's early so I'm not expecting growth yet. I'd welcome the bigger ones though too like some of you said :winkwink:

We told our parents and siblings a couple days ago. Texted them all a picture of a bun in our oven. It was so fun and they all loved it. My dad said it was by far the best text he's ever gotten! First grandchild in both our families so it's exciting!

It's great your u/s went well, Karen! Can't wait for mine. I actually set my ticker up based on ovulation date, so we'll see if that's accurate. Were the printouts free, finally? I'm curious, as we're both in Canada.

Hahaha you ladies are so funny!! If I could TRUST ME I would UPS, FedEx, DHL etc..anyway to get them to y'all. I've had enough back problems with these things lol. Right now the soreness has gone down a bit but the nausea and vomiting is taking its place so it's not like I'm missing it...

Aww Karen, congrats!! I'm so happy it worked out for you :happydance: Seeing the heartbeat is definitely life changing!! Everything becomes real at that moment. I'm so happy for you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->