Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Welcome bumpforbundle! How are you feeling? We'd love to hear how your ultrasound goes when you get it! My pregnancy isn't confirmed by a doctor yet either, just lots of tests :) they won't see me until September 8th.

Welcome BumpforBundle. In fact, many of us haven't had our pregnancies confirmed by a doctor yet. The home tests are pretty accurate. Just waiting for our first prenatal appointment.

Welcome and congratulations, BumpforBundle! :flower: I hope these will be a very happy and healthy 9 months for you.

How is everybody doing today?

My nausea has lessened a bit since a dreadful Thursday/Friday, which was nice because it allowed me to enjoy the weekend more! We'll see what this week has in store for me, though! From what I understand, your body gets used to the current hormone levels, so the symptoms level off a bit, but then when they spike again, the symptoms return. I imagine that will be the case with me! But it's all good - I just keep reminding myself that the negative side effects just mean that my little sweetiepie is growing nice and strong! :thumbup:

Welcome and congratulations, BumpforBundle! :flower: I hope these will be a very happy and healthy 9 months for you.

How is everybody doing today?

My nausea has lessened a bit since a dreadful Thursday/Friday, which was nice because it allowed me to enjoy the weekend more! We'll see what this week has in store for me, though! From what I understand, your body gets used to the current hormone levels, so the symptoms level off a bit, but then when they spike again, the symptoms return. I imagine that will be the case with me! But it's all good - I just keep reminding myself that the negative side effects just mean that my little sweetiepie is growing nice and strong! :thumbup:

Well my nausea has kicked up a notch in the past couple days. I almost couldn't eat my dinner - apparently BBQ sauce is bad right now. As soon as I smelled it in the kitchen, I felt like vomiting. Next week I go back to teaching a classroom full of kids, so I hope it at least doesn't get any worse.

lacanadienne, I'm also starting up teaching again next week. I'll be 6 weeks starting then, and I'm terrified of spending my days puking in the trash can in the hall.

I went in for an early appt. today. They drew some blood that will get shipped off to the lab for testing. My midwife scheduled me for an early ultrasound first week of Sept. because I had some spotting today. I got pregnant so soon after having my IUD removed that she wants to check to see if it's ectopic or just hanging out where it's supposed to be.

lacanadienne, I'm also starting up teaching again next week. I'll be 6 weeks starting then, and I'm terrified of spending my days puking in the trash can in the hall.

I went in for an early appt. today. They drew some blood that will get shipped off to the lab for testing. My midwife scheduled me for an early ultrasound first week of Sept. because I had some spotting today. I got pregnant so soon after having my IUD removed that she wants to check to see if it's ectopic or just hanging out where it's supposed to be.

Yep - the having to pee or puke in the middle of the day is a bit scary. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I ordered one of those accupressure bands and am hoping it'll help. That's too bad about the spotting. Fxed that everything is good!

It was very little and brown, not red, so the midwife wasn't concerned about it. I'm trying to follow the example.

Hi everyone, I'm 36 and expecting (hopefully) our first. :) I'll be 11 weeks on Wednesday and I haven't had an ultra sound since 7 weeks. Feels like forever ago. We did see a really strong 158 bpm heart beat then though. I don't really feel pregnant right now except for my boobs being slightly sore still and I get very infrequent nausea.

My stomach is really bloated and the upper part of my tummy is sticking out and I think I look really weird. :D My first "prenatal" appointment is on Wednesday this week and I'm really hoping that they do another ultra sound. They told me I had a subchronic hematoma at my 7 week ultra sound but my doctor (nurse) is very nonchalant about my pregnancy so far. I haven't had any bleeding whatsoever... so, I'm hoping that's a good sign and it is getting absorbed. I will also be getting referred to a high risk doctor in the next few weeks assuming my little bean is still busy cooking! :D

hi ladies

so schools starting up.. for those of you working with kids... start getting your immune system revved up because guarantee youll get sick with a cold that will seem like its never going to go away!!

I just got done with a part time job at a summer camp, and i was pretty much sick the whole time.. lots of sleep and vitamin C

welcome to the thread, Amethyst.. Im glad to see your symptoms have been similar to mine (you too, karen) My symptoms have definitely been lessening a bit.. still mildly nauseous and tired and still really sore boobs, but the fatigue and nausea is no where near where it was a few weeks ago. Im about to hit 10 weeks on wednesday, so 'they' say its normal for symptoms to lessen in severity around now

Hows everyone elses' symptoms????

hi ladies

so schools starting up.. for those of you working with kids... start getting your immune system revved up because guarantee youll get sick with a cold that will seem like its never going to go away!!

I just got done with a part time job at a summer camp, and i was pretty much sick the whole time.. lots of sleep and vitamin C

welcome to the thread, Amethyst.. Im glad to see your symptoms have been similar to mine (you too, karen) My symptoms have definitely been lessening a bit.. still mildly nauseous and tired and still really sore boobs, but the fatigue and nausea is no where near where it was a few weeks ago. Im about to hit 10 weeks on wednesday, so 'they' say its normal for symptoms to lessen in severity around now

Hows everyone elses' symptoms????

Yeah - kind of expecting to get sick, but it's also not my first year teaching, so I already went through the year of being sick all the time (literally). I'm hoping my natural immunity will somewhat help out, even though it's lessened.

I had a really weird bout of dizziness last night. I got up to go to the washroom, and I guess I got up too fast because I blacked out. Then, I got really dizzy - I felt like I didn't really know which way was up, and I was going to fall down. This lasted a few hours, and I also really felt like I was going to puke. From what I've been reading, it can be fairly common in pregnancy, but man - I hope it doesn't happen too often.

Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies. How's everyone doing?? My vomiting and nausea did get less at one point, but it picked right back up so I'm not having any fun nowadays. It's not to the point of all day puking, but it is all day nausea still and at least twice a day I'm running to the bathroom. I can't really eat anything and it seems like I'm tired all the time. Hasn't been fun at all.

I'm so glad to hear that Klink and her Hubby are trying to find that loop hole though. FX for you guys!! I'm still praying they will let him travel with you at the very least so that you don't take that trip by yourself. Hope all goes well.

Lacanadienne, that sounds really scary blacking out like that. I'm glad you read that it's common b/c I almost jumped reading that. I never knew that could be a possibility, but now that you mention it, it makes sense as to why with fast movement. Hope you're okay and don't have any more of those episodes

Welcome to the new ladies Bumpforbundle and Amythyst!! Welcome to the first Tri (almost the second tri for you Amythyst, I know you're excited!! Can't wait til I'm that far along :)) Lots of :dust: to you ladies, and I wish you best luck.

I'm glad to hear everyone else's symptoms are going down a bit! That's got to be a big relief. Honestly, right now, I would be okay w/ not having any symptoms and knowing that my LO is still okay. So many women don't have any symptoms and go on to have very healthy babies, and ATM I wish that was me. Wishing to be sick was the worst thing I could've done to myself b/c it seems like I'm getting it the worst :(..I just hope you ladies don't ever have to encounter this. It isn't the worst sickness (Hyperemesis Gravidarum) but hell it feel pretty darn close!

Anyway don't wanna spoil anyone's day. Hope you Mommies have a great day today. Smile, it can only get better (in 7 months :winkwink:)

Welcome to the thread, amythyst! I hope everything will work out wonderfully with your little one. :flower:

That's awful about the dizziness, lacanadienne! Hopefully that is not a symptom that will stick around!

My nausea returned last night. During dinner I got up to use the washroom, and almost got sick. Blech. I still haven't actually thrown anything up, but these nasty heaves feel so gross. I think I'd rather just vomit and get it over with, if that makes any sense! LOL

I'm still feeling extremely tired, too, but even so, can't manage to have too many good night's sleeps. Last night's was pretty rough, but I just have to get through today, and then I have tomorrow off! Looking forward to that. I am going to do some birthday shopping for my husband, and am hoping to find a little Batman onesie for our baby to surprise him with (he's a huge fan!) :)

lacanadienne that sounds awful :(
I have low blood pressure so the black-outs happen to me often when I stand up, it's so annoying. I always have to stop and lean against something for a few seconds until I can see again :haha: :wacko: But at least I don't pass out!

hopingcarter I'm sorry you're feeling so shitty, I hope it starts simmering down.

karen ooh batman onesie sounds awesome :D Do you have any idea what to get your dh? I'm so bad at gifts, I'm very predictable lol.

Maggz, shitty is an understatment lol, but thank you. I sure hope so too. I hate feeling like this :nope:

Just wanted to add, Today is going okay so far. I haven't really eaten anything except a cherry yogurt b/c I'm scared of what will happen, but I have been eating ice chips all day and thus far I'm feeling pretty decent. Don't know why or how eating ice chips is working, but it is for me so I'm gonna keep this going. Any info on the ice chips?

Hi Carter.. no idea why that may be helping, especially since all youve eaten is a yogurt.. my nausea is worse when Ive barely eaten. Perhaps the cold helps confuse your brain? Its so hot here, Im now inspired to suck on some ice. Im really craving some orange juice right now, but I am SO lazy i dont want to leave the house to go to the store which is a whole entire mile away lol

A whole mile? You better stay home.

hi ladies hope you don't mine me joining in :) wishing everyone a happy healthy 9 months :)

No idea why either Swampy! It held me over til I got home to eat a salad though, which tasted like the best salad ever. I don't blame you though, I wouldn't want to go a mile either, especially if I'm walking. Now if I'm driving I may consider it, depending on how strong the craving is :blush:

Hello and Congratulations RainbowBaby13!! Welcome Welcome to first Tri. H&H9 to you as well.

Welcome, and congratulations, RainbowBaby! Best wishes to you! :flower:

maggz, I have loved surprising my hubby with things in the past, but this year, he specifically asked me for a GPS. Not very exciting, but at least I know he'll like it! I'm going to try to get a few smaller things to surprise him with, such as the Batman onesie if I can find one, some of his favourite chocolates, and maybe a Christian book about fatherhood, as he loves religious reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->