Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Hey ladies!
I'm Briana, 19 and expecting my first!
Mind if I join you? :)

Lacanadienne and sweetbliss, I'm glad you're getting ultrasounds soon! It really is so exciting!

Karen happy birthday yesterday! Sounds like a fun day :) that would definitely be sweet if you were really feeling movement. That's interesting about the nausea too...I'm starting to notice I get 2 not quite as horrible days and then one really bad day. I didn't think about the hormones spiking every few days but that does explain it.

Mint do whatever you feel comfortable with for announcing. No matter what I'm sure it will be fun and joyful :happydance:
We told DH's parents the same day we told mine which was really early. We couldn't hold it in and knew they'd really want to know early on.

Breeelizabeth welcome! You can definitely join us. Most of us are first trimester still or early second, so you can let us know what's coming! :winkwink:

Welcome Briana! Wow you are 24 weeks already! You can tell us all what we might have to look forward to :)

Where do you live (what country)?

Charlotte is a very beautiful name!
How has your pregnancy been going up until now?

Welcome Briana :)

How are you guys doing?

Welcome Briana! You're definitely welcome to join in.

I have signed up for a prenatal yoga class starting Saturday, so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping my cold has cleared up by then. I've been blowing my nose every five minutes today. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of lack of sleep and cold weather this weekend for my brother-in-law's wedding (it was partially outdoors) that did me in. In better news, I'm going for my first ultrasound next Thursday! :happydance:

Ooh dienne as in tomorrow Thursday or next week?
Hope you feel better and def let us know how the prenatal yoga is. I'll be starting my home sessions ANY day now... hmm hmm :blush:

I just got my doppler! I heard the placenta on the first try, and was a little worried it was an abnormally slow baby's hb, but then I watched a couple of videos on it and realized what it was so I tried again and I caught it! It was hiding way down to the right and super far into my belly, I have a mark where I held the wand :haha: I'm just soooo happy I found it cause I was getting real worried :cloud9:

Morning ladies... Just sat here worrying a little as my boobs aren't feeling very sore this morning. I'm 6 weeks today and worrying so much that something is wrong!! I need some reassurance!!! X

Sending reassurance your way hanrh :) I know it's hard to accept, but symptoms fluctuate like crazy cause your body is trying to keep up with the hormone influx that happens every couple of days. Try not to stress - easier said than done, I know. Watch a movie or something, get your mind off it :hugs:

Karen - Oh that would be so awesome if it would already be movement! :) I'm always laying still when watching TV to see if I can feel anything haha

mint - I think the mug is a good idea but maybe if she doesn't notice you can say something like "So how do you like the coffee mug?" or something lol

Briana - Welcome :hugs:

sweetbliss and lacandienne - Yay for u/s soon :)

maggz - Isn't it awesome with the doppler? I didn't want to use it that much but I had to the past days as I was so anxious. But now that I heard it this morning I think it's safe to say that I moved on to the 2nd trimester :happydance:

hanrh - Try not to worry too much hun. I have days where I don't really feel pregnant either! If it gives you reassurance, pee on a stick :) That's what I did.

As for me, I am so so happy that I am in the 2nd Trimester now. I have a scan tomorrow for the bladder (even though I already know that it went back to normal because of that other scan) and I hope that she can tell us the gender, even though I'm only 13 weeks. 2 weeks ago she said she thinks girl, but that she'll be able to tell us for sure in 2-3 weeks. So hopefullly :) I get those horrible, horrible headaches now that feel like someone is stabbing me in the head ugh. Thank god we can take tylenol!

My u/s is next week Thursday.

Yay for the doppler! My midwife said she would use hers next time I'm in (in a month).

And congrats on reaching 2nd trimester, klink!

Maggz, that's great that you were able to find the hb on the doppler! How exciting! :)

Briana, welcome to the group! Forgive me if I missed it - when is your due date?

Klink, that's so great that you are in second tri now, and I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

lacanadienne, that's great that you will be getting yours soon, too! Best wishes!! :)

Mint, I think the coffee mug is cute, too! I say go for it. :)

hanrh, I'm sorry you're feeling worried! I had the same experience; some days I would notice the sore boobs, nausea, etc. more than others. That's still even the case now. I think it's when the hormones spike again, we feel them more, and then our body adapts to it and we feel them less. And then the cycle goes on and on. I'm sure you'll feel them again soon! :hugs:

Karen - That birthday sounds great! It is so exciting that you might be feeling movement!

Mint - I think both of those ideas are really cute! We waited until after the ultrasound to tell DH's family because we just aren't close with them and knew that we couldn't trust them to not tell the whole world before we were ready to. Let us know what you end up doing to tell her!

Welcome Briana!

Maggz - That is so awesome you found the HB!! What doppler did you get?

Hanrh - Don't worry too much. Symptoms fluctuate. I had days where a t-shirt hurt my boobs so bad but now they don't even hurt at all. Your body is just adjusting. I did was Klink suggested, peed on a stick. It was actually comical how fast and dark the line showed and after that I haven't questioned it at all.

Klink - Happy 2nd Trimester! :) Please share pics of your scan tomorrow! I love seeing all of the pictures and knowing what to expect baby to look like at my future scans lol. I've been getting similar headaches too. I was hesitant to take any tylenol but now that you say you have I think I'll give it a try.

Nothing new here really. I need to find a dress for DH's Marine Corps ball in November. I really don't want to go, the food is never that good and I'm having a hard time finding a dress for a reasonable price that will allow for me to possibly have a belly. I'll be about 16/17 weeks then.

Thank you so much for your reassurance ladies. It helps so much! I think I've just been having a bit of a crazy time with emotions lately - I had a bit of a break down at my hubby last night, poor thing!!

Mint - I love the mug idea, definaty do for it!!

Wow Maggz, that's lovely about finding the heart beat. It must make it all feel so real!!

Sweetbliss I got the sonoline b for it off eBay for $50.

In class now I'll catch up with you guys later ;)

Im a lemon!! :happydance:

so klink, perhaps we HAVE been feeling movement, since karen thinks she may hve been feeling the same as we have.. how exciting! I cant wait for the real movement to start!

So its finally starting to cool down a slight bit here.. and the hottest day was the day of my dentist appt.. and as it turns out, even tho my gag reflex has been really bad when I brush/floss my teeth, it was practically nil at the dentists!! So Im really happy I had an easy uneventful cleaning...

...celebrated it with lunch out with my uncle afterward.. he had a coupon for a steak lunch at Black Angus, and yes the steak and mashed potatoes were good but lemme tell you.. the cold crisp wedge salad with bleu cheese and bacon was DIVINE!!!!

Lucky you swamp! Good that the cleaning was uneventful.
Talking about cleaning! I just made a list of everything that I need to clean in this darn house and it's long! Haha... I'm talking deep cleaning like baseboards here ;) I really wanna get a steamer for the floors that has an attachment to do other stuff, have you guys seen them/used them/own them??

Yeah swamp I was so happy about the rain we got, even though it left my backyard in shambles - there's still puddles back there from 2 days ago! Crazy.

I just wanna start showing already! Show us your bumps girls :D

Thanks everyone!
maggz, Dopplers are so much fun! Once you get the hang of them.
hanrh - my sore boobs disappeared around 7 weeks and I haven't felt them since. So stay positive :)
Klink - welcome to the 2nd tri! It's not the holiday it's made out to be haha :(
Karen my due date is the 6th of January. (Unless it decides to change again, little miss is measuring a few weeks ahead).

So I just came back from my appointment and everything is looking perfectly fine. The midwife said my cervix length is more than perfect lol
We asked the doc about a gender guess, and he said not to tell everyone yet because it's hard to tell at this stage but he thinks 80% boy based on how the nub is pointing upwards. :)

Attachments

• 967806_948461631847026_1446128928_n.jpg
    967806_948461631847026_1446128928_n.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 10708279_948461998513656_1350671225_n.jpg
    10708279_948461998513656_1350671225_n.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 10711303_948462035180319_1352390598_n.jpg
    10711303_948462035180319_1352390598_n.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
Great pics, klink!! :) Forgive me if you've said and I've forgotten, but have you thought of any names?

For us, if it's a girl, it will either be Lily Dorothy (my choice) or Lucy Dorothy (my husband's choice). For a boy, it will be Zackary David, Lucas David, Christian David (my choices) or Max David (my husband's choice).

Maggz, here is my latest bump pic! Taken on Wednesday, at 13 weeks :)

Have a great weekend, everyone! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 13 weeks resized.jpg
    13 weeks resized.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 10
Swampmaiden that's good you had a uneventful visit! I'm glad I went to the dentist just before we got pregnant, because if I even accidentally touch my tongue with the toothbrush I gag.

Maggz I'm with you on a cleaning list! I just see my house getting filthiest every day and it's driving me nuts. I looove things to be clean so it kills me to not have the energy/ability right now.

Klink those are great pics! And little boys are so sweet :) it's funny because before, didn't they tell you girl? Hmmm...

Karen, cute bump!! I want one haha

Hope you all enjoy your weekends. Any fun plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->