Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

My husband scrubbed the kitchen the other day too and I felt soo soo bad. :/
I am up in Germany right now and spending some time with my family :)
And I want to see a picture with a bump in a flamenco dress as well!! :))

Ladies, just to let you know my early scan went great and baby, yolk sac and heartbeat are all present & correct. I would upload a pic but I post from my mobile and reverting to desktop version & uploading isn't working for me even though I'm putting in the photo bucket url?! So it'll have to wait until I bring my work laptop home after hols now.

The sonographer did say that Baby is measuring slightly smaller than what I thought so today I'm technically 7+6 and not 8+1 (dammit!)

I have some major bloating going on. I took a photo yesterday of my belly and I look like I could easily be about 12 weeks already!

Swamp - Yup, it is a Marine Corps ball. It isn't until the first week of November but I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes and maybe post a picture if I like how I look haha. You give me hope! The nausea seems to be better in the morning already, I really hope I'm not jinxing it by saying that, but I'm super gaggy (if that is even a term) most of the day. Yesterday I had to have DH help me make dinner because I couldn't get through it without gagging and almost getting sick. Are any of you ladies having that problem too with the gag reflex?

Welsh - I'm so glad the scan went well! I bet you feel really good after seeing your baby. I had major bloat too. It is finally starting to get better now but I still bloat some after eating. I'm just glad I don't look 6 months pregnant now at the end of the day. I'm sure yours will get better too!

And everyone, join the FB group! :)

Here's my 10 week picture I took the other day. I don't see much at all but DH is convinced I have a small bump. I'm hoping by 12 weeks I'll have a small unquestionable bump to actually show haha
10665165_10154644352410188_6760222188870916985_n.jpg

Great your scan went well Welsh!

Sweet, yay for that lil bump :)

I am due for a scan next week, cant wait!!

Nice picture, sweetbliss. I really have to start taking mine. I don't think I have a bump yet, but I think it's coming. Welsh, I'm sure you feel better after seeing a good scan. I have mine in 4 days!!!

I've been feeling a bit better today. I think my cold is getting better after a lot of rest and vitamin C. The congestion at least seems to be dying down. And after a day of really bad nausea yesterday, it's not that bad today. DH has also been a real sweetheart. He cleaned the whole house (including vacuuming) yesterday, and has been doing dinner and dishes mostly.

Oh, and I went to my yoga class yesterday morning. Not anywhere as intense as the non-prenatal classes I used to go to, but it feel good to stretch a bit.

Hi ladies, mind if I join? I'm expecting #1 after 4 years of ttc and quite a journey. I'm still somewhat anxious about the whole thing as it was a shock finding out, but we've made it to 10wks so that makes me feel better. I'm due April 18th according to my scan several weeks ago.

DH and I are finally starting to talk a bit about actually "having a baby". We were kind of dancing around it incase something went wrong but since we are closer to the end of the first trimester we are starting to accept it I think.

Oh and welshgem, weren't you and I together on the IUI 2014 thread at the beginning of the year??

Hey Dini! Welcome :)
I dance around calling it "baby" as well! Sometimes I'm like get over it just talk about it, plan, do it all, but then I get those creeping doubts that ruin it all... I did look at some baby stuff on amazon the other day though, and I think I definitely wanna get this https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-T...411367987&sr=8-1&keywords=pack+and+play+graco :)

Yay for a good scan welsh!

Hi ladies, mind if I join? I'm expecting #1 after 4 years of ttc and quite a journey. I'm still somewhat anxious about the whole thing as it was a shock finding out, but we've made it to 10wks so that makes me feel better. I'm due April 18th according to my scan several weeks ago.

DH and I are finally starting to talk a bit about actually "having a baby". We were kind of dancing around it incase something went wrong but since we are closer to the end of the first trimester we are starting to accept it I think.

Oh and welshgem, weren't you and I together on the IUI 2014 thread at the beginning of the year??

Yes Dini, we were! Congratulations, this is amazing news!! X

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Maggz, I want to start looking but find myself still avoiding the baby section in stores like when I was ttc. I guess I just feel like if I do I won't be able to stop and don't want to jinx it as silly as it is.

Welshgem I am so glad to see you on here! We both got surprise bfp's about the same time! Meant to be!!

Welcome Dini!

I kind of wish I was as cautious as some of you. I'm way more than all in... finished picking/planning the nursery furniture yesterday and already know how we'll tell family the gender when we go home for Thanksgiving. I am naturally a big planner about everything in life so that probably has to do with it, DH also likes to refer to it as my control freak factor haha.

Welcome to the group, Dini! :flower:

lacanadienne and sweetbliss, I hope you both feel lots better soon!

welshgem, that's so great that you had a nice ultrasound experience! Isn't it great seeing your baby?

Happy Belated Birthday to Klink!!! It was her birthday on Saturday!!!:thumbup:

I had my OB appointment today, so I finally got to hear the heartbeat!!! That's what I've been waiting for, for weeks, it seems! I am so happy!!! It sounded quite strong to my untrained ear, and the OB confirmed that it sounded very good to her. And, she let me record it so that I can play it for my husband and my parents.

Next up, the gender ultrasound!!! Hopefully within about 5 weeks I will know if it's a boy or a girl! Can't wait!!! :happydance:

Thanks for the welcome sweetbliss and Karen!

That was nice of your dr to let you record it! I am hoping to get a good strong one on Thursday to record for my dad and DH's parents and grandparents. I've picked it up on my Doppler but I'm sure the one at the office will be better!

Question for you ladies, when did your doctors consider you to be in the second trimester? It seems to vary from 12-14 weeks.

Welcome to the group Dini :flower:

Congrats on your scan Welshgem :)

Belated happy b'day klink :)

SweetBliss, lacanadienne and others with MS - just hang in there and try to keep having lots of fluids. It'll subside soon and you'll feel much better after that. After a long battle with MS and vomiting, it's finally subsiding for me. Finally, had a vomit free day after soo long :happydance:

Karen, so nice that you got to see the baby and record the hearbeat. How amazing that experience would have been! Am just waiting for my scan on Wednesday. Hope that it goes well, because with all the sickness, I'm actually a little afraid.

And all those with baby shopping, am soo jealous! In our family, as per some customs, we don't generally do any baby shopping before the birth, it seems :growlmad: But, it's ok in a way, as we won't know the gender anyways so, better to do it later.

Hi Dini and welcome!

Maggz, I love the pack-n play....totally sent it to my husband to see...I like the one with the stars and owls. Baby stuff is so fun. I'm sorry you have to wait Sanjan. I just look really...we probably won't buy anything for a few more months. I'm also not good at interior decorating so will prob need to look at other baby rooms to get ideas.

Congrats Karen on hearing the heartbeat. Can't wait to be in your shoes in a month!

I have one more week until my first appointment! :happydance:

Karen - Isn't it such a beautiful sound?! I'm glad they let you record it!

Dini - I just went through the booklet that my OB office gave me and couldn't find any exact timeline. It is a good question though, I'm going to try to remember to ask at my appointment on Monday. Unless my doctor says otherwise, I think I'd count the day I turn 13 weeks as the start of the 2nd trimester. It seems like every page I read has a different answer so I'm going with the middle number of 13 hah.

SanJan - I'm so glad to hear that you're starting to feel better! Do you think your body is finally adjusting or is it the medicine the doctors gave you? Either way I bet you're relieved! Will you get to at least choose a crib or a carseat/stroller before you have the baby?

Gator - I look a lot too. Its hard not to. If you need ideas for a nursery look on projectnursery.com and go to the gallery. I like looking on there because they list where they got each thing in the nursery.

What do you all think about the different kinds of pack and plays? I want to get one just to have next to our bed in the beginning. I found this one that has the changer and newborn sleeper on top, I don't know if I'd put the changer on there or not: https://www.target.com/p/ingenuity-...92#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=ingenuity+shiloh+

It is a little more than I thought we'd pay but I love how neutral it is. Are you all going to look for one with the sleeper on top or do you think that it doesn't matter?

I feel like we will start browsing things for ideas after the NT scan if all is well and baby looks good. But we probably won't buy anything until after the 20wk scan, unless something is on a crazy sale. I would like to start stocking up on diapers and wipes in the next few months but am also thinking about cloth diapering...even though it sounds like a lot of work.

I just looked in the book my OB gave me as well as the pregnancy book I read and neither of them say lol. I feel like I will say 13 weeks but I guess I'll go with what my Dr. says.

SanJan, glad you're feeling better.

Dini, I think it depends on how you want to look at it. A lot of sources say the end of the 12th week is the end of the first trimester as that is mostly when morning sickness starts getting better and the risk of miscarriage is lower, but if you divide 40 weeks by 3, it is 13 weeks and a bit. I think that's where the confusion comes in.

As for baby shopping, I have started browsing, but haven't really bought much. The way my brain works, I kind of want proof that everything is fine first, so I might get a bit more into it after the u/s on Thursday. We ended up telling our aunts and uncles this weekend because my god mother was in town and I don't see her often, but the general announcement is going out after the u/s.

Sweetbliss, I didn't even know they made them with all the add-ons. I was thinking of getting a co-sleeper for beside the bed like this one, https://www.amazon.com/Arms-Reach-C..._sbs_ba_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1880W2DJAQ6YM2WK1ABZ. Then using the pack-n play downstairs. I've also been looking at this thing called a Mamaroo....pricey but decent reviews for a soothing swing. https://www.4moms.com/mamaroo

I was thinking around 13 weeks for 2nd tri too.

When is your NT scan Dini? Hope it's soon!

Dini - We're going to try cloth! I bought cloth diapers awhile ago though. I actually just went through them tonight and am completely embarrassed by how many I have. You don't realize how many you're buying when they aren't going to be used immediately. Try looking on co-ops, they have them really cheap. That's where I got most of mine.

Gator - I wanted that co-sleeper but our dogs both sleep with us and I wouldn't be surprised if the little one decided that was her new spot haha so I figured I'd use a pack and play so she can't crawl across and claim it as her own. If you do get that swing, let me know how you like it. I don't know anyone who has actually tried it so I'd be interested to hear how you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->