Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Ahh the studying mint... lol... ask me if I've done anything today :blush:

Aw Mol glad you had a good scan and I hope yours goes perfect klink!
How's your guys' weekend been??

Oh and I'm a lime!!! I went to the grocery store and just stood there holding a lime for a minute, haha, people must have though I was crazy. :rofl:
But I was like damn!!! That size of a thing is inside of me right now?!?

So because I'm not supposed to be doing anything but study, I took some pics... lol

I look crosseyed I hope you forgive that hahaha

Attachments

• 2014-09-28_bumba11+4.jpg
    2014-09-28_bumba11+4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 13
And...now I am going to bed 90mins later than I should be from last minute scrambling to get all my work done after slacking off all Saturday... Sigh...
Maggz - picturing you holding the lime in the store made me LOL.
Yay bump pics! Is the part you can't suck on hard yet? Or still soft like bloat belly?

Haha :)
Nah still soft just bloat I guess even though I'm carrying a lime in there :rofl:

Yeah I slacked all day so now I'm tryna catch up. Still have a paper to write gahh
What classes are you taking?

They are both for my Applied Behavior Analysis certification and a certificate in Behavior Intervention in Autism (I just finished my Masters in Disability Studies in May).
One is on Functional Analysis (actually really interesting/fun) but the other is on Measurement and pretty boring to me. Even my supervisor who has her certification couldn't believe I have to take a whole course just on measurement (she didn't have to)!

I know you are taking math Maggz, what kind of math? Any other courses?

Why am I still awake?!

Wow that's so grown up mint! What kind of measurement? As in, like... what are you measuring? hahaha hope that doesn't sound too dumb. So what are you gonna be certified to do?

Ahh I'm finishing my associates next spring (hopefully) and I'm almost only taking gen ed requirements, which sucks :( I transferred from out of state so I had to catch up on a lot, I would be much better off if I would have stayed in Hawaii. But oh well, no use in crying about it. But I'm taking Intermediate Algebra, Biology, Interpersonal Communication, and Political Science. All very intro level and pretty boring if you ask me. Except the communication is the one I actually like (and my associates will be in comm).

Go to sleep! :)

hi Ladies!!

been super busy with work lately, it absolutely sucks to be on my feet for 8 hours a day.. but I totally agree with you Mint.. first world problems!! At least i don't have to carry 5 gallons of water 4 miles everyday while preggers

sweetbliss, Im glad your nausea is going away.. is anybody else starting to feel like they are FINALLY emerging from 1st trimester symptoms? My nausea is 95% gone (still feel a bit every so often) and Im still tired but not as much.. heartburn is killin me tho

and congrats to all the limes.. it IS crazy to imagine something that size is in there, and thats only whats inside the uterus!

Im going to get a bump pic soon.. and klink, i swear I had those same shorts once lol

am i the furthest one here? I swear today was the first day I've actually felt genuine movement!! its really exciting, and very reassuring. And it falls within the accepted timeframes of first movements, which is between 16-20 weeks

i had a baked potato for dinner.. I smothered chopped carrots and cabbage with a bunch of cheese and plain yogurt.. it was easy and delicious! good way to sneak in veggies

swampmaiden - Yes, you are the furthest along here, then Karen, then I, I believe :)
I can't wait to feel movements! So happy for you!!

mint - The doc gave me an 80% on boy with 13 weeks already so now that I'll be one day shy of 15 weeks on wednesday, I hope that my other doc can see some more now :) If I have to wait until 16 weeks, that's fine too but it's gonna be sad cause I can't have a babyshower with my friends here :(

My nausea went away for the most part too but I am still sooo sooo tired. And my boobs still hurt. My friend told me her mom had big boobs and hers hurt until she stopped breastfeeding :/ At least I know that everything is still ok in there, right?

Maggz - Well, I am turning 34 in two weeks so it is about time I did something "grown up" lol! Sorry I didn't specify - it is measuring behaviors - so if a child is hitting himself, or screaming, or flapping his arms how would you define those behaviors in order to measure them? How would you measure them? Time spent engaged in the behavior vs. Counting each individual occurrence of the behavior for example? How can you show mathematically if a behavior intervention plan is working or not? Etc..

Swamp - you are furthest along from the original thread I think but remember breeelizabeth who popped in later is 25 weeks or so already.

Klink - do you need to have a gendered baby shower? I bet you will find out this week but if not could you just register for gender neutral items instead so you could still have the shower with friends?

Mint - all the best for the scan AND your papers.. I got done with my masters a couple of years ago and thankfully no studying for sometime :)

Maggz - oh such a cute pic. And FX for your papers.. sounds like an awful lot!

Klink - Hope you get a peek at the gender soon.. :) let us know

Swamp - I wish I was as further along as you - I have barely made it through halfway of 1st Tri and while my doc is surprised for the lack of nausea, I am not at all looking forward to it. :| Do upload a bump pic soon.

I am lil on the heavy side (BMI of 29) so I doubt if I will have a real bump till later. Also I will forcibly HAVE to be on team yellow - its illegal to reveal gender here in India. Anywho, that's what I wanted :) Are you ladies going to find out or wait?

Cute bump pics, everyone! :thumbup:

MolGold, Klink, Mint, and SwampMaiden, good luck on your upcoming ultrasounds!!

Today I am going to try to make an appointment for my next ultrasound for October 25. It's a Saturday, which is the only day my husband and I could go together, unless one of us took a day off work, which we'd rather not do. During the summer, the receptionist told me they are open Saturdays, and I just hope that's the case all year long! I will be 18 weeks, 3 days that day, so hopefully we will find out the gender!

Thanks Karen!

how is everyone else doing? Dini, sweetbliss hope your weekend went well!

Well my cold took a turn for the worst Saturday night, and I had a minor asthma attack, so had to take my puffers. Now I just feel tired, and congested - plus my throat hurts. It won't be fun at work, but it's a pd day so I have to show up unless I have a doctor's note.

As far as 1st trimester symptoms go, I feel like they've gotten better. Anyway, according to my ticker, I'm starting the 2nd trimester now. :thumbup:

Thanks Karen!

how is everyone else doing? Dini, sweetbliss hope your weekend went well!

Thanks for asking MolGold! I spent my weekend at work and am so glad I'm off now. I work 12 hour shifts and am on my feet the whole time. This trimester has been tough for that and I'm sure the third will be even worse!

I need to further my education so badly but we can't afford it at the moment, but hoping in about 2 years to enroll unless I manage to find a way to go part time at work after baby comes then maybe I can take a class at a time or something. I am a nurse and I really need my Bachelors and would like to get my Master's as well but the thought is overwhelming as I'm still paying off my assosicates degree loans! Right now though, all I care about is getting this baby here safe and sound!

Found the heartbeat this morning at 172, but it seems to get getting harder now as I have to chase it and I think it's just a wiggle worm!

Maggz, I was so happy when Lime day came! One of my apps says Brussel Sprout...I like lime sooo much better!:winkwink:

That's so great for those emerging from fist trimester symptoms! Unfortunate there are new symptoms that come up, but hopefully not worse than the nausea!

I hope the upcoming scans go well for all you ladies who have those soon! And Karen I hope you're able to schedule the next one when you want to.

Lacanadienne I hope your cold gets better soon!

Dini 12 hours on your feet sounds terrible. Hope you enjoy your time off now!

I'm so wishing my first trimester symptoms would start fading, but no luck. I've already thrown up twice this morning. My next u/s is in 2 weeks and I'm hoping I'm better by then! My gender scan isn't until 20 weeks, so December 1st which feels sooo far away.

Haha I have an app that says that too Dini, I chose to ignore it lol.

Hope you start feeling better Mia!

Mint haha that's how I feel I'm 25 and I don't even have a bachelors while most of my friends do it sucks but you know, my choices I guess I'll have to deal with!

Mia, hang in there.. my 1st tri symptoms didnt really go away til nearly weeks 14.. youre almost there!

lacanadienne, check this article out about pregnant womens response to flu/cold: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/282925.php

the fact that youre so sick is actually a good sign lol

and yeah Mint, you have a better memory than I.. breeliz IS the furthest along... but all of it is just one day at a time.. I already feel like Ive been pregnant forever, and Im only a third of the way thru.. youll get there soon, MolGold :)

Dini, i feel ya on those long shifts on your feet all day.. at least mine are only 8hr, I cant imagine 12hr.. cuz 8 is bad enough.

and thanks for the well-wishes karen.. I hope everything works out for you and hubby to be together during your u/s

As for me.. I gotta get ready for work.. happy Monday everyone! :)

Sorry for self-centered post but wanted to update quickly before I have to go back to work!
Baby is well and looking more like a baby! Woot!
https://i57.tinypic.com/fom0yv.jpg

swamp are you showing at all yet?? Can't believe you're an orange!!!

Karen good luck getting an appointment, fx for you :)

mint!! Awww!!! It sure is looking more like a baby, that's awesome :happydance:

My symptoms are somewhat gone except I gag sometimes when I'm eating and if I get super hungry I wanna throw up. And I sleep irrationally much lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->