Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Mint I just saw that pic - i checked BnB from work and they somehow censor the attachments :| you are right, your bean looks more like a baby now :)

Dini I am sorry you cant get time off your feet at work. Dont delay asking for help just because the other ladies didnt, though. Take a break when you can. Ofcourse 2nd tri is not too far and ive heard ladies are full of energy then :)
Glad youve got a friend through it all now :)

Karen and Sweetbliss - I am sorry you are having the U/S scheduling problems :( My FIL was recently discharged after 2 months from the ICU for stroke and DH's weekends are spent with him. Somehow all my appointments clash with FILs and I end up going with my dad / sis to save everyone heartache. Life is such at times.

Maggs you are in Iceland? Wow, my friend visited there and showed me his pics and I was blown away! What is it like?

Sanjan - OMG its like you are describing my own sleepless nights. I am training to sleep on my side now and not liking it!

Swamp - wow, it must have felt great to hear a HB. So you're finding out the gender for sure?

Lancadienne - so sweet of her to draw your announcement. Please show us!!

Mia - hope your nausea eases.. :hugs:

Hope I didnt miss anyone in my post earlier. Trying to catch up with everyone!

AFM - I took a paid day off work today :( I worked all day yesterday and then got drenched in rain on the way back home.. ended up sicker. Also my workplace folks like to turn up the cooling to FREEZING levels. I feel better now but thought not to risk it.

So are you ladies going to find out the gender? Sanjan and I cant find out (illegal in India) unless we go abroad. Anyway I would have stayed team yellow. How about you ladies?

We are trying to stay team yellow.
Klink do you wanna put those little storks next to our names on the front page? Also my current edd is May 8.

Sorry your DH can't make it to your appointments Mol, but glad you have other family that can.

Sorry ladies lately I just can't keep up with the postings here :/
Mint - great scan pic, and yes, I can do that :)

cute bumps maggz and swampmaiden :)

Karen and sweetbliss - I'm sorry you guys have issues with scheduling your u/s appointments :(

Mol - I'm sorry that you are so sick :( Hope you feel better soon!

I had my appointment today and we are TEAM BLUE :)
Here's the potty shot that confirmed it:

Attachments

• 10715961_955202304506292_1749727464_n.jpg
    10715961_955202304506292_1749727464_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 6
Thanks, everyone! It is definitely very important for me to share that moment with my hubby, so I am going to try calling a different lab just outside of my city to see if they might do Saturday ones. If not, I'll just bite the bullet and either take the day off work and sacrifice the pay, or tell my private student's mom. We'll see! Either way, I know I'll find out eventually... I'm just eager to get it scheduled so I can start obsessively counting down the days, lol!

To all those who are feeling sick, I hope you will feel better soon!!! Hugs!! :hugs:

Klink, congratulations on your son! How great does it feel to know?! I imagine it makes everything seem a little more real now. I'm glad you were able to find out.

sweetbliss, good luck with your NT scan! I'm sure it will go great! And best of luck to others who have scans soon, too!

Mint, I am a tutor both privately and for a small business. On Mondays through Thursdays, I teach students one-on-one at our tutoring centre. It is mostly students with learning disabilities or behavioural or anxiety issues, although in some cases it is students needing a boost of self-confidence more than anything. I love it because I get to combine my teaching education with my psychology education, and really be a mentor to these kids. Some of them I've had for 2 years plus, and I'm going to miss them sooo much when I leave! Then on Fridays, I teach a girl that lives down the street from my parents. I've had her for around 4 years. I'm only planning on taking a month or so off from teaching her, whereas I'm taking a year off from my main job.

Whenever I think about going on mat leave, even though I'm looking forward to the break, I feel sooo sad!!

Thanks Karen! It definitely makes it feel more real now! :) We bought a car seat yesterday and I couldn't stop messing with it haha :p
Congrats on being an orange today! :)

Klink congrats on being team blue!! I'm very happy for you and so cool that baby cooperated so early!!

Today I have less than 200 days left..yay!!! It's so funny the milestones we look forward to. Since I'm not 12 weeks yet, 199 days seems good lol.

Picked baby up on the doppler again this morning and it was sooo loud! Must've been sleeping or just being nice and cooperating with me hehe. The doppler can rarely read the heart rate so I record it and count it but my recording was spot on with the reading. I find myself slightly concerned but not terribly because the rate is always high, always close to if not 180. This morning it read 176-183 but mostly 180 and when I counted it was 180-182. I know it's okay but the "norm" is 120-180 and some say 120-160 at this point. Maybe it's just excited lol. I thought if I caught it before I ate or drank it would be lower but it was exactly the same.

The "Awesome Uncle" shirt I ordered for DH's little brother should be here Friday, so excited! Hope it fits!! We are giving it to him after the NT scan assuming all is good. He doesn't know because he can't keep a secret, he's 10 lol. Then we will go to DH's aunt's house and see how long it takes to figure it out.

Karen I sure hope you can get in on a Saturday with the other place!

Klink, what kind of car seat did you get? I haven't looked at all yet, said I wouldn't until after the NT scan and/or second trimester starts. And even then we won't buy much I'm sure until after the anatomy scan.. Geesh 8-9 weeks seems so far away lol.

Maggz - The 12 week scan is really good. Here, they took me time to show me all the body part that have been developed and also you'll get the u/s shot at different angles. They'll be measuring the blood flow to the fetus and the NT length. It's more in detail this time than the viability scan at 8 weeks.

Mol/Swampmaiden - good to know I'm not the only one with the sleep problem, but really not good for our fatigue though. do let me know if you guys find out some way.

Klink - Congrats on baby Boy! Yayy!!! It must be really great to find out :) Have you picked out choices for names yet? Also, can you change my due date to April 8th?

And yayyy!!! I'm a peach today :)
Feels soo good to cross this mark :)

And yayyy!!! I'm a peach today :)
Feels soo good to cross this mark :)

Yay!! Happy Peach day!! And Happy second trimester! A peach is a good fruit, all fuzzy soft and sweet :happydance:

Thanks everyone! :) Yes, his name is Jace! We haven't settled on a middle name yet, though.
And SanJan I will :) Also could everyone else give me their due dates again, so I can update the front page?

Dini - How often do you use the doppler? At first I used it daily, and I was driving myself crazy. Also, are you sure it's your baby's heartbeat? You can pick up 3 different ones :) The one that sounds like a galloping horse is your baby. Don't worry if the bpm is 180 or a bit over it, you're just making yourself crazy :)

Thanks everyone! :) Yes, his name is Jace! We haven't settled on a middle name yet, though.
And SanJan I will :) Also could everyone else give me their due dates again, so I can update the front page?

Dini - How often do you use the doppler? At first I used it daily, and I was driving myself crazy. Also, are you sure it's your baby's heartbeat? You can pick up 3 different ones :) The one that sounds like a galloping horse is your baby. Don't worry if the bpm is 180 or a bit over it, you're just making yourself crazy :)

Love the name Jace!!

And yes it is certainly baby's heartbeat! I'm not overly worried as I've heard many people say theirs ran high as well...just curious how many out there have had that problem. I usually listen daily when I'm off work but when I work (3 days a week) I don't always listen because I work 12.5 hour shifts and am usually gone from home a total of 15 or more hours those days.

Ok, as long as you don't worry too much everything is good. I didn't mean to be rude or something, just wanted to tell you what my midwife told me :)
Last time she kind of scolded me for using the doppler so much and this time she asked if I stopped and I said yes and she was so happy lol Some people say that it harms the baby if you do it that much but I haven't read an official statement about that yet so whatever :) Do whats best for you momma! :)

Oh and I got a carseat from babytrend :)

Canadienne - I didn't know that! I'm going to ask today, I hope its the same as it is there.

Swamp - Yay for hearing the HB on the doppler! I think it really hit me even more so hearing it on a doppler than seeing it on an ultrasound. Not sure why but it definitely makes it more real. Do you think it is a boy or girl or do you not really have any inclination?

Maggz - Not sure what they'll do at a 12 week appointment since I obviously am not there yet lol. But I'd think the NT scan if you opt for it and haven't had it yet. And the physical/pap if you haven't had that done yet either.

Dini - Try Mylanta if the Tums didn't help. I've been using that and it has helped a lot. I hate chewing on a Tums and it being stuck in my teeth so I like the liquid better.

MolGold - So sorry about your FIL! I hope that DH is able to get with you to some of your appointments soon. We're definitely finding out the gender. DH and I are both way too curious of people to not know haha. I don't know how you do it!

Klink - Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting that you were able to find out! Love the name! My due date is April 17.

3 hour until my scan :) I'm excited to see him/her! Really wish DH could come with me. I've called 2 days now to see if they had cancellations and they didn't so we're just going with it. DH doesn't seem too upset, I think a little bummed but he's okay so I'll be okay. Nothing else really going on. I'll update after the scan this afternoon!

Good luck for your scan today! Can't wait for an update! :)

good morning ladies, and congrats to all the new fruits today!!
and Im an avocado! Seems like lots of us turn our new fruit right around the same time of the week :)

yep, im going to find out the gender in November.. Im too curious to not find out also, but Im staying team yellow with EVERYBODY (except the forums here lol) until the baby shower/gender reveal party in February.

sweetbliss, good luck on your scan today, cant wait to read about the results! :)

Sweetbliss good luck!!!

As for the 12 week scan I'm guessing there won't be an us since i have the nt scan later that week and I already had the pap done. I wonder what they'll do then. Maybe I should call and check lol.

Wow swamp! I'm trying to find out what 12 weeks is lol my ticker is a day behind and I don't wanna be a plum like my app suggests, or "a large plum" I was already a plum! Haha.

Hi Ladies, I was in TTC positive thinking group and had just joined that group in August. We had been TTC since Dec 2013 and I finally got my first BFP two days back. Crossing my fingers as I have still not passed the missed period time. I am glad to find the same group that was there in TTC :)

How are you Hanrh? This month I did try pineapple core and pressed like you had suggested :)

How is everyone else doing?

Welcome mangoberry and happy and healthy 9 months! :happydance:
Oh I know that feeling with not having passed the missed period date, It'll all be fine though! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->