Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

klink, that's so exciting! A little boy. I can't wait to find out if I'm having a boy or a girl.

sweetbliss, good luck on your scan!

mango, welcome to the board.

Welcome Mangoberry!

Had fun at lunch today and even went by Motherhood Maternity just to see what they had, was surprised, they had some "younger" stuff lol. Didn't buy anything, I'm not ready yet and far from showing but I think after the first trimester I may get a pair of jeans because they sure were comfy!

Klink I didn't think you were rude at all. I just happen to be a nurse and kinda good at figuring things out when it comes to that stuff but you really never know around here lol. I usually don't use it more than daily and I promised myself I will stop using it as often once I have the scan next week and all is good. I just can't wait for that!!

Mango, welcome! H&H 9 months!

The scan today blew my mind. I'm sitting here 8 hours later still in absolute awe. I didn't expect to see so much detail and movement. Baby looked fantastic! Tons of movement, I got to see all angles of it's sweet face. Both arms and legs, and all 10 tiny fingers and 10 little toes. I think that was the thing that has me most in awe, they were so tiny but so perfect. He/she already has their own little personality. It sucked it's thumb and likes to have it's hands up by it's head. I am so in love. My heart grew like 5 times its size today. Oh and he/she measured at 12 weeks 2 days but they're sticking with the original due date and we'll see how the measuring progresses :)

Attachments

• 1488321_10154684263935188_9140696517535513076_n.jpg
    1488321_10154684263935188_9140696517535513076_n.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 10599492_10154684266170188_8606489933023992404_n.jpg
    10599492_10154684266170188_8606489933023992404_n.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 5
Aw that's precious sweetbliss, so happy you got to see everything!
Our pregnancies just keep being the same - I measured 3 days ahead last time and she said let's just keep the original due date :haha:
I hope I get as good results when I go next week! I'll be 13+2 when I finally get the NT scan.
Oh and I called my ob office just out of curiosity and to make sure DH doesn't miss anything at the 12 week appointment, she said it's just a check up and highly unlikely that there will be an ultrasound. Good to know I guess!

Dini - yes an u/s is always so reassuring :) But even after an u/s I still find things to worry about lol That's cool that you are a nurse, that's what I want to go to school for :) I started school to be a nurse in a children hospital in Germany, but they kicked a lot of people out because of budget cuts.

sweetbliss - Yay for a great ultrasound! Isn't it amazing to see the little arms, hands, legs and feet? :)

I've been feeling little twitches sometimes in my lower abdomen. It feels like muscle twitches. I wonder if that's the baby moving. It's mostly when I'm sitting down but also sometimes when I lay down and mostly at night.

Yay, sweetbliss, that's so exciting!!! What a great scan! :)

Congratulations, and welcome, mangoberry! Best wishes to you for a happy and healthy pregnancy. :flower:

Congrats to all our ladies who became or will soon become a new fruit! I get so excited every time, lol, especially when it's a fruit I really enjoy. Avocadoes are my favourite so I am particularly excited for next Wednesday, haha.

I'm not sure, I may be crazy, but I think I felt a little kick yesterday! I know it would be a few weeks earlier than the norm, but it was definitely different from the other movements I have felt. Previously, my movements have felt like little flutters, ripples, waves, etc. - very light. Does that sound like what you feel, klink? If so, I think it is definitely your baby's movement!!

Yesterday afternoon, however, I was sitting on my mom's couch and all of a sudden I felt a fairly firm poke in the area where the baby is. Not painful at all, just like a little finger or q-tip or something poked me! I got so excited, even though I don't know if that's what it was. What do you girls think?

I felt a poke once too :) And I gues that's how you could describe it. I know it's not gas, cause gas feels different. Have you ever had your eye twitching? lol That's what it feels just in the lower abdomen, mostly on the right site, and today I felt it on the left site for the first time.
And it could be Karen, my doc said in between 16 and 22 weeks is normal, but I also read that skinny people can feel it earlier too.

Hey Ladies !

Just popping over quickly to say hi :)

Welcome mangoberry.. H&H 9 months to you!

Congrats for your Lil boy klink :happydance:

Great scan sweetbliss!

Hope everyone else is doing fine!

Klink yay for a little boy! And I like the name Jace too :) very sweet!

Karen that's so fun you might be feeling the baby more! I would guess it's very possible it's really the baby. I mean what else would be jabbing you?

Sweetbliss great scan! That's so exciting to see so much detail and movement. I can't wait for my next one in a week and a half!

Welcome mangoberry! I was so freaked out when I found out before af was due, but it's no use worrying. Time will pass and things will work out :) congratulations to you!

Well I had to stop writing this mid-post and come back to it. Just another trip to go throw up. Ugh it's no fun :sick:
My OB said 10 weeks is usually the nausea peak but I'm finding it worse here in week 11. Just hoping it doesn't keep progressing into 12 and 13. I'm so thankful for a job that's flexible with me and let's me "slack" basically while I deal with the sickness. I hope you ladies are all feeling good right now!

Maggz - It is funny how similar they are! I wonder if we'll both have the same gender! Do you think you're having a girl or boy or are you not leaning either way?

Klink - It really is amazing! That is so exciting that you might be feeling the baby! I think it is definitely possible.

Karen - I love your description of the movement! When did you first feel the little flutters? I saw an orange while grocery shopping yesterday and that's pretty big! I love how being pregnant changes how we look at simple fruits at the store haha.

MolGold - I hope you're doing well!

Mia - So sorry that you're still getting sick :( Is it just in the morning or has it been throughout the day? That's great that you have such a flexible job. I really hope that you start to feel better soon or at least find something that helps you a little bit.

Mia - 11 weeks was the peak of my sickness as well. I was never THAT sick but at 11 weeks I was throwing up.

Klink that's good to know it at least got better from there for you. Are you back to feeling normal now?
Sweetbliss most of the time when I throw up it's the morning, but it really screws with my stomach all day so I still feel sick. Evenings starting at 6/7pm get worse too, but I've managed to not let myself throw up at night somehow. Early bedtime and try to sleep through it!

Thanks for the kind words :) it's always nice to not feel alone seeing as DH can't relate at all. He's supportive of me, but of course can't fully understand it.

Yea I'm pretty much feeling normal now. I get nauseous every now and then but not every day anymore :)

sweetbliss I have no idea. DH is positive it's a boy, and then my best friend had a dream that it was a boy... but my sister thinks it's a girl for sure! So I'm torn and tainted by their opinions hahahahaha
What do you think??

Glad you're feeling better klink!

So I went to the grocery store yesterday and compared a plum and a lime, I guess it depends on the kind you get but plums are a little bigger so I am now okay with being a plum. :haha:
I'm also wearing my tightest jeans today and decided to try out the bellybutton band, it's working but I'm pretty sure I have it on upside down. It just doesn't make sense the way they show it in the instructions while I don't have a bump to cover if that makes sense. So basically it's just to let out the pants a little bit ;) Like one size or so :winkwink:

sweetbliss, that's a great scan! You must be so giddy right now.

Mia, sorry you are feeling so sick still. The peak for me was around week 9 and 10, but it's better now. There's still hope for you too. :hugs:

That's exciting that you are possibly feeling movement, Karen and klink! My colleagues who know about the pregnancy keep looking at my belly because I'm basically not showing yet. They're waiting for it to show. I see the difference when I'm naked, and I can't suck it in the same way, but with clothes on it doesn't really look like a bump.

Might go look at some cribs this weekend if I'm feeling well enough. My in-laws want to buy us a crib, so I guess I have to do some research to decide which one I want.

Whoops! My phone didn't show me the latest pages so I replied to stuff that happened a month ago :/
Hahaha!
Hope you're all keeping well!

sweetbliss, my heart grew like 5 sizes also just reading your post :cloud9: it just reminds me of when i saw my lil fetus on my 12 week scan... nothing can prepare you for it!!

glad you all are doing great.. and welcome new fruits, and welcome mango lol

Maggz and sweetbliss - that is interesting all the similarities. hanrh and I have been having a lot of similarities too - it will be interesting to see if it continues and/or means anything.

Mia - so sorry you don't feel well. I hope it gets better soon.

Bree - I have been wondering where you were at! I hate when that happens - my phone always gets it right actually but then if I check a thread on my laptop it messes it all up and I don't know where I left off. How have you been?

lacanadienne - cribs! So exciting! I am totally overwhelmed by the prospect of having to buy major baby items because of a)how on earth to choose!? and b) the expense. Let us know what you learn about them.

maggz - I have been unable to fit into my skinny jeans at all since the moment I fell pregnant - all the bloat. Also can't fit any of my khakis because they are all very slim. I actually wore the same pair of jeans every single day last week because they are one of the only comfy pairs... I changed my top every day so I don't think anyone noticed?? Glad to hear the bellyband works though - even if upside down - may need one soon.

So today was pretty eventful for me!
-I barely slept last night because of the worst heartburn in my life plus feeling queasy.
-I felt queasy on and off throughout the day but mostly mild.
- I asked for, and received a raise!
- Feeling brave after getting the raise, I told my boss I am expecting and we were in agreement about the best time for me to take off and talked about long term career plans for me which I am super excited about. And she hugged me.
-One of my student's parents asked me a whole bunch of questions that clearly indicated she suspects I am pregnant (how?!). It was super awkward as I want to wait until second tri before telling my families.
- There was something else but I forgot it while I was typing. See the barely any sleep I had last night above...

Edit: Oh, I remembered! As of this morning, I can't suck my bloat in all the way anymore. But I haven't gained any weight on the scale (okay one pound, by I always have fluctuations like that) and I know 9 weeks is too early physiologically for a real bump so I don't really understand it...

Mia - Do you have an appointment soon? I wonder if the doctor can give you some zofran to help.

Maggz - What do the chinese and mayan calendars say?! Both say girl for me. DH wants a boy first but isn't sure what it is. He keeps asking me what I think lol. I'm really not sure, others opinions are influencing me too! I think girl but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a boy.

Canadienne - I am still giddy even a day later haha.

Mint - Congratulations on the raise! That is awesome! It sounds like you had a really good day minus the queasiness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->