Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Yay for a raise Mint!!! And I'm right there with you on the bloat. I've actually lost a few pounds but I look like I have a little pudge... and it gets bigger as the day goes on. I still fit all my jeans but I haven't worn my tightest ones in a while. I'm gonna go get some more leggings and baggy shirts haha they're just too comfy!!

Sweetbliss I haven't checked mayan but chinese says girl for me too. I'm wondering if I should do the baking soda test :)

Hi ladies, I haven't checked the thread since I've been back from holidays so hope everyone is well but just wanted to give a quick update before I shoot off to work.

Holidays were hard with morning sickness wiping me out some days but this week since I've come back has been the hardest yet. I can't even look in the fridge anymore for fear of being sick and I developed some spotting earlier this week whenever I peed. The blood has been brown which I take small comfort from but I also started drinking probiotic yoghurt drinks and I think they have made my tummy all screwy because I've developed diarrhea on top of my ms! The early pregnancy unit won't see me until the diarrhea has gone so it's bland foods all the way for me at the moment. My biggest nightmare right now would be finding out I've had a missed miscarriage so I'm trying to look at the positive that it wasn't red blood.

I'll catch up with you all later once I've finished work hopefully (if I finish - had to go home sick yesterday!)

Hi all,

Just dropping in to say hi!

Sweetbliss, nice scan :) isn't seeing those tiny feet soon amazing...

Congrats on the rise Mint :)

Welsh, fingers crossed that things work out well for you. Try to relax and rest completely. I had a lot of spotting and slight bleeding scare due to threatened miscarriage, but it stopped after doctor gave me progesterone supplements. Hopefully you'll get to see the doctor soon.

As for me, things can't go bad like this... I was so happy that I'm done with MS, but started again since Wednesday night and have been throwing up soo much that I had to get some IV again. Since its holiday time here in India, only the casualty dr saw me. She said that some ppl do have nausea till the end too. I'm just hoping I'm not one of them. My mom had that with my sister :( Last time when my nausea was worse, it was mainly due to the progesterone dose and dr reduced it gradually from 200mg to the 10 mg dose I'm taking now. I'm supposed to stop that after 8th. So, hoping that would bring a difference.

welshgem, I'm so sorry to hear about the scare you've been having, and hope and pray that everything will turn out ok! Had you been more active than usual before the spotting? When I had mine earlier on the doctor said that extra exertion could be the culprit, even something as simple as straining for bowel movements. Best of luck to you! :hugs:

SanJan and Mia, I'm sorry you're still feeling so sick! I found that shortly after reaching that 13 week mark things started getting better. I still get queasy once in a while but I'm not gagging/heaving like I used to do daily (I think it's happened maybe twice in the last 2 weeks). Hope you'll feel better soon!

Mint, congrats on the raise! Very exciting! And as for the bloat or bump, I think everyone is just different! I started showing really early, before the norm, I think. Do you have a smaller frame? That can contribute to it.

sweetbliss, I honestly starting feeling the flutters at around 8 weeks! I was lying down in bed and felt it and thought, what the heck was that? I didn't think it could be the baby since it was so early, but it's the same type of feeling I've been having sporadically, and have been told that it is movement, so who knows? The actual kicking/poking feeling, though, was just for the first time on Tuesday.

Bree, when did you start feeling kicks?

I had a dream the other night that I was at my ultrasound, and the sonographer told us we were having a boy! We'll see! My mom really wants a girl, my mother-in-law really wants a boy; to be honest, I am kind of hoping for a girl but obviously I will be happy with any healthy baby! My ideal would be to have two girls and a boy in the end. :)

I am so sorry for all the nausea, Mia and Sanjan!

So happy for your raise Mint!

Hope everyone else is good!

My chinese predictor says girl too - and by the way ladies, I read that doing the baking soda test emits harmful fumes and not recommended. :| DH would really love a boy I think, though he doesnt say so.

Sweet - Wow I am nearly 8 weeks and dying to feel a flutter :)

Hi ladies, I haven't checked the thread since I've been back from holidays so hope everyone is well but just wanted to give a quick update before I shoot off to work.

Holidays were hard with morning sickness wiping me out some days but this week since I've come back has been the hardest yet. I can't even look in the fridge anymore for fear of being sick and I developed some spotting earlier this week whenever I peed. The blood has been brown which I take small comfort from but I also started drinking probiotic yoghurt drinks and I think they have made my tummy all screwy because I've developed diarrhea on top of my ms! The early pregnancy unit won't see me until the diarrhea has gone so it's bland foods all the way for me at the moment. My biggest nightmare right now would be finding out I've had a missed miscarriage so I'm trying to look at the positive that it wasn't red blood.

I'll catch up with you all later once I've finished work hopefully (if I finish - had to go home sick yesterday!)

So sorry for your scare :hugs: Have you talked to your doc yet? Hope everything is great.. My mom spotted for 3 months with my sister and she was born healthy. Some people just spot intermittently. I hope its just that :)

Hi all dropping in to ask a quick question. I have been having some light pink and a little red spotting since yesterday and it has just been 4 weeks for me. I called the doctor and they said it's my choice whether I want to show it to them or not. I was thinking to just wait and see, what do you girls suggest?

Mangoberry - They probably won't see anything on an ultrasound quite yet, but I'd probably go in either way, maybe they can draw some blood and look if your hcg levels rise. Hope it's just some uneventful spotting. :flower:

welshgem - Sorr for your spotting. While I can understand that they don't want you to come in when you're sick, I think they should still see you. I had a stomach bug and my OB saw me regardless, to make sure I'm not too dehydrated.

Karen - I dreamed a lot that I have a boy but also had some girl dreams, and we are having a boy, so who knows :)

mango.. could be implantation bleeding.. i had that at 6 weeks.. sometimes it just takes awhile for it to work its way out,my midwife said

But isn't old blood brown? I always thought pink and bright red is fresh.
We did our gender reveal today :) here is the picture.

Attachments

• DSCN1162-vert.jpg
    DSCN1162-vert.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
Thank u all, I think I will wait and see how it goes and if things get worse will go to doctor. I feel a roller coaster ride these days

Welshgem - sorry you are spotting. I agree, rest! And eat bananas, applesauce, rice, and toast. But I also agree you should be seen regardless of the GI issues. Is there an alternate hospital you can try?

Mango - my implantation bleeding was pink and brown so pink isn't always bad - it wasn't red through. I think you should go to the doc in case you need progesterone. My bff had bad bleeding with her first and nearly lost him if it weren't for the progesterone. Good luck!

Congrats on the raise, Mint! :happydance:

Welsh, sorry you’re having a bit of a scare. Hopefully it will all get sorted soon. :hugs:

SanJan, that’s too bad that you’re feeling so sick again. Is there anything the doctor can give you to help?

Mango, I would get it checked out just in case.

Klink, the gender reveal is adorable. :thumbup:

And it's Friday! The work week is officially over for me, and I survived even despite my cold! :happydance: I also got some homeopathics approved by my naturopath, so I'm hoping they help.

Mint, thats awesome you know about the BRAT diet for GI problems.. bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.. what a brilliant suggestion, I hope it helps you, welshgem :)

Thanks Mint and swampmaiden, I called my doctor's office yesterday evening and they asked me to come for blood-work to check whether my HCG level has raised since my last checkup or not, to confirm that the pregnancy is going in the right direction, though the nurse said that they would only be able to give me the result of the blood-work on Monday morning, till then she asked me to not walk around much and relax over the weekend.

I'm glad you got it checked out :) Hope everything will be fine! :flower:

Welsh sorry about the bleeding and illness. I hope you feel better and everything's ok.

Mango spotting does sound scary especially so early on, but like others said it can be really normal and not mean anything bad. Have. Good rest this weekend and I hope you get good results from the doctor soon.

Klink very cute gender reveal!

SanJan so sorry the ms came back for you! I hope medicine helps you. I don't think mine is bad enough to warrant meds yet, but it's still driving me crazy so I can't imagine how awful you must be feeling :(

I hope everyone has a good and relaxing weekend. I know I'll be trying to do nothing....:winkwink:

Welsh - Sorry you're feeling sick again! I hope that things start to get better for you soon or that the doctor can at least help you out.

SanJan - Sorry you're feeling so sick too! When would you be able to see your doctor again?

Karen - When is your ultrasound to find out the gender?

Klink - Super cute gender reveal!

Mango - I'm glad your doctor agreed to do some bloodwork. Has your spotting slowed down?

Things are good here, nothing new to really report. Just wanted to check in with you all. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Hi ladies! Geesh took me a while to catch up its been a few days. Sorry for those of you having spotting.

Welsh I hope you get seen soon but like they said it seems to happen a lot.

Mint, congrats on your raise!!

Maggz I totally got an image of you hlosing a plum!! Now I'm a plum too, and will totally do that when I go to the store tomorrow!

Mango, I was about 5 weeks and had light pink spotting. It was a tiny amount but the midwife said it was probably implantation. I'm sure that's what it is for you too!

Afm, feeling pretty good just really tired. Seems I get cold really wasy now as well which I find odd. It's cold here, going to get down to 36F tonight so DH turned the heat on. I was trying to hold off but he didn't want me to be uncomfortable :)

We went to my brothers today and told him and his family! I got him and his wife both congratulations cards on becoming an aunt an an uncle. It was so fun! She screamed and he was really happy. He thought he'd never be an uncle except by marriage. I'm so glad I got to tell them finally!!

Min - I've been really well! Just plodding along hahaha! Heartburn is terrible - have you talked to your doctor about it? They gave me this wonderful medication that cured it in the first night (and it was my first night sleep in ages) I think it's Ranitidine. Also congrats on your raise! That's wonderful :)

Karen- I think I felt my first movement at around 15-16wks (flutters) and my first jabs at about 18wks and at 19wks I could actually see her kicking my tummy (from the outside) and other people could feel it.

Sweetbliss - your scan is wonderful :) congrats!!

lacanadienne - Cribs! How exciting! If you've already been how did it go?!
I did my glucose test the other day, the 2 hour one. Might I say the drink was pretty darn unpleasant but it sent little miss crazy! I was lucky that there was another mama there and we sat and chatted for the whole 2 hours, I also noticed how all decorum goes out the window when you're pregnant - the stuff I talked about with this lady was stuff I normally wouldn't even tell a doctor and she did the same hahah!!!

I've also just sent my resume into my old employer (I figure no one new would hire me right now), so I have everything crossed that they can offer me even some casual work - they are aware I'm pregnant and we've been talking via email for some weeks now, a bit of extra $$ would be perfect - especially since I want to go baby shopping! Baby shower on the 25th of October - so coming up fast! I'm having a high tea/BBQ and flat out planning for it and getting everything together. Have any of you ladies thought about baby showers and what you want to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->