Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Hey all, weekends been pretty boring I worked tonight and yesterday and had a killer migraine so I pretty much laid down and slept all day until I went to work.

Dini that's so awesome that they were so happy for you!

Bree no I haven't thought about baby showers yet, my DH has an idea what he wants but honestly there's no one were very close with where we live and I don't know if you're supposed to do your own shower?
We don't really do them back home since most babies are christened and that's when everybody comes to give presents and have a big baby party haha.
So please enlighten me on the customs!

Maggz, sorry about your headache :nope: I hope you are feeling better. Migraines are awful!!

I've been thinking about the baby shower, only because my MIL and step mom have both mentioned it. Probably won't be until February so too cold for a BBQ which is exactly what I wanted :cry:

I want MIL to throw it, but my step mom wants to and if she does it will be terrible and trashy with only 10 people invited..so I told her she has to work with MIL. DH's family is huge and so it will have to be in a large location.

I think I'll think about it more when we know if we are team blue or pink.

Maggz, I think if you throw your own it's totally fine!! Some people do, because they don't have super close friends or family near by. You could do just a little get together with the friends you do have to celebrate. What is DH thinking about?

Oh...so I had the most awful awful dream last night, couldn't go back to sleep.:growlmad: In my dream I started spotting at work and was planning on going to the ER as I work in a hospital, but for some reason a bunch of us had to go to another hospital for something so I texted DH to come get me there and we'd go back to my hospital to the ER. But when I got to that hospital I started with bright red bleeding with lots of clots and it went through my clothes and everywhere. I was crying and so upset and scared and the people around me didn't even know I was pregnant which made it worse. It was so realistic, I woke up in a panic and I swear if I didn't have a doppler at home I would have gone to the ER this morning. I didn't really think it was "intuition" but was scared it was my mind telling me something. But baby is swimming around in there with a good heart rate of 176. Had to chase it all over to get it long enough to read :happydance::happydance:

I think it was maybe because I broke the news to my brother and his family last night and for some reason I think I'm scared I jinxed it lol.

What a terrible start to my morning!

Dini, that's great that your family is so happy for you. Yikes about the nightmare, though. DH had a similar one a few days ago, but it was one in which I apparently decided to get an abortion (which I would never do). Anyway, nightmares are scary, but I don't think they have any truth to them.

So we went to look at cribs yesterday and today (and had a peek at strollers and car seats at the same time). I was tempted to buy the car seat I want (Evenflo Symphony DLX) today because it was on sale at Babies R Us, but I'll wait on it - probably put it on the registry. Basically I went to Sears, Babies R Us and a furniture store. I found the cribs at both Sears and Babies R Us less sturdy (and the dressers that go with them horrible), but obviously cheaper. The one nicer set at Babies R Us had prices comparable to the furniture store, so I guess I have to decide. I like the idea of helping out a local business, and they have quality stuff, but I have to decide how much I'm willing to spend.

I haven't really thought about a baby shower concretely, but DH's family is really into that kind of stuff, so we might end up having two - one where he's from, and one here.

Real quick about baby showers - I have consistently heard that it is extremely poor form to throw your own. And also that you can't even ask someone to throw it for you, they have to offer.

I think the closest acceptable thing is to throw a "meet the baby" introduction party after baby is born. People would bring gifts to that too but you wouldn't have a registry or anything.

I have looked into it because one friend offered to "help" if a different friend offers to throw it but neither of my other 2 close friends have offered to throw it. I threw both of my BFF's showers but when she tried to throw my bridal shower it was a total disaster and other friends had to step in to help. So... while I would love to have a nice shower I don't know if it is in the cards for me.

A friend of mine is having a shower after baby is born. She is team yellow and I think that's a great idea. Mint maybe you could do that, and you could still register because people may still check for that. Of course her mom is throwing hers.

Dini, yeah if no one offers that is what we'll do for sure.
Also, that was great about telling your family and that they are all about it.

My BIL and DH are actually not speaking right now because of the fact that BIL left right after we announced it and blames my DH for not telling him in advance or else he wouldn't have made other plans (we HAD plans to all go out to dinner while MIL was visiting - that should have been plans enough...). The whole point was for it to be a surprise so giving him advance heads up would have spoiled it. And DH is mad obviously since BIL was so rude about it. Sigh...

My friend who is also stationed here in italy offered to throw me one if I should find out the gender early. And I did and told her that we are having a boy and all she said was "oh congrats!" Havent heard anything since and we are moving in 11 days so I doubt that my baby shower here is still happening. I think my MIL will throw me one though.

Mint, sorry that your BIL is so rude about it. :/

Mango, I'm glad you were able to get in to see a doctor! I hope you will get some great news this morning. Good luck! :hugs:

Dini, I'm glad your family was so excited! I'm sorry about the terrible dream, though. I've had a few of those kind of dreams myself. I think it's just a natural outpouring of the various anxieties we feel. I've also heard that rising pregnancy hormones lead to stranger and more vivid than normal dreams. A couple nights ago, I had a dream that this old man who sings in the choir with me committed suicide by jumping out of the Eiffel Tower! I was so horrified when I woke up. When I saw him later that morning I wanted to give him a huge hug, haha.

Mint, I'm sorry your DH and BIL are having issues. I hope they will patch things up soon. :)

Bree, that is exciting that your baby shower is coming up so soon! Mine is booked for February 21. It is going to be at my church and we are going to do a Noah's Ark theme. I can't wait to find out the gender so we can plan the decorations more elaborately.

sweetbliss, I still haven't been able to book the appointment, unfortunately. I tried calling a few days ago and she said they still haven't gotten their schedule for that far ahead, so they can't book appointments past October 17 yet. She did say that she thought October 31 would be a great day to go (I'll be 19+2) so I'm going to hope for that day and keep calling every few days to see if their new schedule has come in yet.

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope it will be a great day for all. :thumbup:

Dini I've had m/c dreams too and they are the scariest things! It's the nicest relief to wake up and realize it wasn't real.

Lacanadienne that's fun to go furniture shopping! I've yet to feel like getting off the couch to shop, but as soon as I feel better I'm so excited to peruse baby items!

Mint that's such a bummer about DH and BIL. Hopefully they can see the big picture soon enough and move past it.

So DH and I are sooo upset right now! We got our bill from the first u/s and it was $40. But now we got another bill for $400! The $40 was just a small part of it apparently. Insurance isn't helping at all until we meet our $1000 deductible :( it just threw us off guard how expensive it is so I'm planning to cancel mine for next week. We can't afford to be paying that much for every u/s. I'm just so sad because I thought we'd see our baby in a week, but now we're just going to have the 20 week one. I've just been throwing up/crying all morning. Wasn't expecting this stress :(

Mia! Look into private scans. I forget where you live but around here I think they range from $60-$125. Way less than $440!
Good luck.

Hi all, I did get the results in the morning today. Progesterone level was 14.9(they are going to start me on some intravaginal pills) and HCG was 891(which the nurse said is the place where you should be). Thank you Mintastic to ask me to go for a checkup - apparently my progesterone level are not where they are supposed to be.

Great mangoberry! Progesterone suppositories saved my nephew's life (my best friend's little boy).
So when I hear about women being told by doctors that nothing can be done to help them with early bleeding/early mc warning signs it makes me want to scream and cry and hit things.
Yes in plenty of cases nothing can be done but if it is a progesterone issue something can absolutely be done!

I really hope that the suppositories help you like they helped my bff and that your bean keeps sticking and growing!

Thanks Mintastic, I was thanking you in my mind many times today :) I hope everything goes fine.

Mia I'm so sorry to hear about the ultrasound bill. I totally understand and maybe look into a private. I think I can get one around here for about $100.

Mango I'm so glad you got the results and are starting the progesterone. Mine was low as well and I think it is why I've made it this far!

No nightmares last night, yay!! Did have crazy ms and dizziness this morning though. Thought I'd never make it to work safely today.

Mia - sorry to hear about your u/s bill. The other ladies suggestions about a private scan sounds like a good idea. I take for granted that we get get free healthcare in the UK but we still paid privately for an early scan just to be sure.

Mangoberry - I'm glad you got checked out and you can get your progesterone levels up.

Mint - you're so right about doctors saying they can't help in the early stages. I was more knowledgeable on progesterone that my doctor was and they won't check your progesterone levels as a standard which is very frustrating.

AFM - the spotting stopped almost as soon as it started but the diarrhea is still on and off. It was bad over the weekend but Has slowed down considerably now. I'm now just having a bm once a day but it's still like diarrhea when it comes (tmi sorry!)

I'm still suffering from ms too - definitely getting into a "pattern" of it now. Always sick once in the mornings and 2/3 times in the evenings. At least I seem to be coping ok in work.

Have taken to sleeping in the spare bed this week already! My back has been in pieces because I'm not getting to stretch out properly when I'm sharing the bed with my OH. I find I get a much better nights sleep when I'm sleeping on my own.

mangoberry, I'm so glad you got a great HCG result, and that they were able to identify and treat the progesterone issue! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you from here on out. :)

welshgem, I'm very happy the spotting has stopped. Hopefully the diarrhea will taper off, as well. That must be no fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Mia, I'm sorry about the unexpected ultrasound cost! I can't believe it's so expensive. That seems so unfair for something that only takes a couple minutes. :(

How is everyone doing today?

I am getting sooo into baby shopping!!! It's so much fun. We've picked out a crib for sure, and have narrowed down a few other things, such as the high chair, playard, etc. It's also great fun looking online at the little things, such as bibs, hooded towels, etc. I especially love those hooded towels; I think they're so cute! I want to get a Tigger one, which I figure would be great for either a girl or a boy. I've also been getting the "nesting instinct" big time lately. I have these strong urges to clean out and organize my front closet and kitchen cupboards, and of course to start the nursery. Previously that room had been storage for various things such as gift wrapping supplies, the leftover alcohol from our wedding, etc. but we worked on it the last couple days and now it's basically empty and ready to be filled with baby stuff! I made a little floor plan of how I want to lay out all the furniture. Can't wait till I can actually do it!

Mango I'm glad you're getting started on progesterone and I really hope that does the trick for you.

Welsh sorry the ms has fully kicked in for you, but I'm glad you can still function at work. And sleep wherever you need to sleep to get that very important rest!

Karen nesting sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you've found a lot of things you like. I think those towels with the hoods are really cute too.

Thanks for the private scan suggestions everyone, I may look into that soon. It was just hard to get such shocking news about the costs, but I've come to terms with it since there's nothing I can do about it.
I have a regular doctors appointment Thursday morning and I'm hoping they'll at least use the Doppler so I can hear the heartbeat. Has that been typical for anyone else at their regular doctors visits?

Mia, my OB used the doppler at my last appointment. I was 13 weeks, 5 days at the time. The appointment before that, when I was 9+5, she did a quick ultrasound.

Hopefully you will get to hear the heartbeat at yours! :)

mango, glad you got your results so you can work on the problem.

Mia, that sounds crazy! Sounds like they are assuming most people get it covered by their insurance, so they just gouge people.

Karen, that sounds like so much fun! The only reason I haven't had the urge to do something about the nursery has been that I am still getting over my cold, and have been exhausted at the end of the work day. Hopefully I will have some of my energy back soon.

Baby shopping sounds like so much fun!! I am holding off for a while but will probably start looking at stuff to get an idea of what we want soon. We agreed to do nothing baby related until after the NT scan which is thursday!

My heartburn is kicking my butt! Even in the middle of the day.

? For you all. When you hear a horrible story from someone IRL or on here like losing the baby at over 14 weeks when the 12 week scan was great, how do you keep from freaking out? I start to finally feel better about the pregnancy and then something like that comes along and scares me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->