Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Mia, congrats on hearing the hearbeat! Isn't that a wonderful sound :) And :happydance: for not in the high risk category any more!

Dini, nice U/S pics :)

Lacanadienne, Have you got some meds for your cold? Hope it eases soon

Karen, good luck on getting the appointment as your convenience. and just 3 more weeks! Yayy :)

And happy Canadian thanksgiving everyone!

Dini great pictures!! It's awesome to see so much detail!

SanJan I'm glad your nausea seems to be subsiding a bit, hope you're fully better soon.

Karen that's so fun you'll probably get to find out gender really soon! And great bump pic, looks awesome! I'll take my 13 week picture Sunday and share it here. I think it's becoming a real bump now because it's there when I wake up and feels harder than just bloat now. Yay!

Also I *think* my nausea is going away...just hope I don't jinx it by saying that. It's still not good at night, but during the last two afternoons I've felt better!

They couldn't move my 20 week u/s to January so I'll have to just suck it up and pay all $600 for it, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sooo excited for November 25th now to find out gender!

Mia, why can't you just cancel the appointment instead of moving it? They have to let you cancel... then call back in a day or two and reschedule it for January. Don't let those receptionists push you around!!! :flower:

It was the doctor who told me I need to have it right around 20 weeks which is late Nov/early Dec. He said to push it to January I'd be 25 weeks and they don't get as good of a look at the baby then. (Maybe the more crammed it's getting the harder to see everything?)
It does seem strange that just a few weeks could make a lot of difference but I'm choosing to trust the doctor on it.

Canadienne - I hope that you get some relief from your cold soon and also that the weather subsides so that the children can be a bit more focused for you!

Karen - I am really not sure about gender. I asked DH tonight what he felt it was deep down and he said girl. I was surprised. He's said he wants a boy first but will be happy no matter what. I'm going to call tomorrow to schedule the scan :) I hope you get the date that you want for the scan! Your bump is adorable!

SanJan - I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Mia - I hope the nausea continues to improve for you too!

DH and I went to the mall today and made a bear for the baby at Build A Bear :) He made me one when we were only 18 and I've slept with it every night since so I thought it'd be neat if we made our baby's first bear together for our baby. It was a lot of fun. We bought a baby name book too and walked around Babies R Us. It was a good day but felt so long. I am beyond drained! Question for you ladies... on the fruits week by week chart they say I am a peach now but next week is a lemon. I've never seen a peach that was smaller than a lemon. Is is just me or are those 2 backwards? I feel like it should go lime, plum, lemon, peach.

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone for a while! We are in the middle of the moving process and most of our stuff is gone so DH hogs the laptop all the time ;)

Hope everyone has been doing good lately! As for me, nothing is really new. I'm getting cramps every now and then but those are most likely growing pains cause I had them in the early weeks a lot, actually if I think about it now for the past two days or so I think I haven't even had them. Other than that - round ligament pains suck! And huge boobs suck too! I've always had big boobs but holy cow, are they getting uncomfortable. And my nipples still hurt .... a lot! We move in the hotel on tuesday and fly out on early friday morning. I'm excited to spend some time with DH family! Here's my 16 week bump.

Attachments

• 974391_961754237184432_1103466959_n.jpg
    974391_961754237184432_1103466959_n.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4
Hey all sorry I haven't been keeping up, hope everyone is doing well!
Such a cute bump klink! I hope mine will be that cute :)

So we had the NT scan and then did the announcement on facebook yesterday:thumbup: Everything looked good and the ultrasound tech told us (when prompted) that it looked like a boy in there! (Not in so many words cause she can't say anything but she pointed us towards it haha)
Just thought I would share the little alien inside me, that waving picture just cracks me up :rofl:

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
  • announce.jpg
    announce.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 14
Nice bump Klink :)

Nice scan pics Maggz! And wow, look at tht lil fella waving :D Isn't it amazing to see those tiny fingers and toes in the NT scan. I just loved that part of it. And very cool announcement! So nice you got to get a guess at the gender. Are you guys gonna have a gender scan soon?

Thanks SanJan :) Yeah it's really amazing to see it all. The tech counted out the toes for us and took a pic and wrote "first footprint"
It was all very cute and so fun to get all the pictures to have! Also making it more real, especially for DH!

Sweetbliss I guess I haven't thought about the lemon/peach difference. I think with a lot of them there are such varying sizes though that it's all just kind of a fun estimate anyway :)

Klink very cute bump!! Sorry about the cramping but like you said it's probably just growing pains. I feel that occasionally too.

Maggz great scan and announcement! That's really fun to see so much detail, and a hint at gender is exciting!

I found some cute maternity tops and a pair of jeans at a discount store today, so that was good. Not that I'm really needing them yet but the tops are wearable even before I have a big bump so I'm kind of excited about them :) anything to take my mind off the nausea is good!

Klink - Your bump is adorable! Are your cramps different than what your period cramps were? I've been having some strange cramping too, I'm assuming it is just growing pains but they sure are uncomfortable. Safe travels on your trip!

Maggz - Love your announcement! And those scan pics are good! I wish I had asked the u/s tech for a guess. I know she took a leg/butt shot but we didn't get to have that pic. I love that your tech counted out the little toes for you! Will you be getting a gender scan before the typical 20 week anatomy scan?

Mia - Yay for good deals! I still don't need maternity clothes either but the maternity jeans sure are comfy so I take advantage of them from time to time :)

Hi girls! How are you all?

I'm having a good day today but yesterday the nausea hit me hard as well as fatigue. I'm hoping those days get fewer as time goes on.

Klink Iove your bump!!

Maggz the scan and picture are so neat!! So glad it went well!

Sweet, your build a bear story is so sweet! Almost had me tearing up!

Mia, I'm so ready to buy maternity jeans. I think I may the next time I get to the mall.

When I first put on a pair of maternity jeans, I said to DH "these are so comfortable! Why don't all pants just have elastic waistbands??" For real though, they are awesome.

Going shopping today! My clothes are getting tighter and tighter and my mom said she is going to buy me some new clothes! yay!!

Hi ladies -
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit but I have been reading everything. Loving all the bump and scan pics, and good news about heartbeat and everything!

My MIL sent us a care package for our anniversary and it included a $100 Macy's giftcard. So I can use at least $50 of that towards maternity clothes - although, at Macy's what does that mean? One thing? Two things?

MIL also sent a congratulations card that she admitted to having bought a while ago and been saving! Hilarious! She never once pressured us or asked us about babies so that was unexpected.

DH and I got into a bit of an argument yesterday because I pretty much slept all day. I got some good studying done in between naps but no housework. I think I really needed it though. Just have to get more done today.

Also, I have lost 3 pounds. I haven't vomited at all so should I be worried?

Hi ladies -
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit but I have been reading everything. Loving all the bump and scan pics, and good news about heartbeat and everything!

My MIL sent us a care package for our anniversary and it included a $100 Macy's giftcard. So I can use at least $50 of that towards maternity clothes - although, at Macy's what does that mean? One thing? Two things?

MIL also sent a congratulations card that she admitted to having bought a while ago and been saving! Hilarious! She never once pressured us or asked us about babies so that was unexpected.

DH and I got into a bit of an argument yesterday because I pretty much slept all day. I got some good studying done in between naps but no housework. I think I really needed it though. Just have to get more done today.

Also, I have lost 3 pounds. I haven't vomited at all so should I be worried?

I wouldn't be. My doctor told me that it's normal to loose weight in the first trimester. She said anywhere up to a 15lb loss would be okay. I've now lost 17lbs, but I've been extremely sick. I have recently been able to eat normal food (with feeling like I am going to throw up but haven't:happydance:) about 3-4 days ago.

Thanks Christina. Glad you are able to keep food down now. I hope it stops making you feel ill altogether soon.

Best thing you could get at Macys would be a maternity bra. They will actually measure you for one, and as you can get maternity clothes anywhere, a bra would be the best investment, since Macys is one of the few places where you can get a fitted, high quality maternity bra. Look to spend about $50 or so on one.

I lost weight in my first trimester as well, don't worry. :flower:
As for maternity clothes, I've been wearing maternity pants for a good while now because with all the bloat I had in the beginning, it hurt my lower abdomen.
Sweetbliss- no, the cramps still feel like light period cramps but i get them when i lay super flat and everything is stretched out or when i sit weird and my belly kind of gets squeezed. My ob told me i just have to get used to being pregnant now. She said that it feels different now cause i can now feel my uterus.

Thanks klink.

I don't think you are supposed to lay flat on your back after first tri anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->