Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

I don't know, i know that later on the weight of the uterus and the baby will cut off a vein or whatever and make you dizzy, but I'll ask my ob on Thursday to make sure. Since all of our stuff got packed and I don't have my side sleeping pillow anymore, I wake up laying on my back :/

I know at my prenatal yoga class they say not to - but of course I would trust your doctor over my yoga teachers!
How soon will you get your pillow back?

Unfortunately not until Thanksgiving so next week I'll just buy a new one lol

Mia - I was in a young girl's store today with a friend shopping for her daughter and all of their shorts/jeans had elastic waistbands! Why don't they make all pants like that?!

Mint - That's so nice that she sent you two a gift card! I haven't really lost weight, maybe a pound, but I haven't gained anything either and the doctors haven't seemed concerned so I would think it is fine.

Klink - I wake up sleeping on my back too. What kind of pillow have you been using to sleep? I might need one of them.

There are pregnancy boppy pillows but I'm using a normal side sleeper pillow. :) and there's no problem when you wake up on your back I read. Just your body telling you to roll back on your side. :flower:

Mintastic - yay for gift cards! Definitely invest in a good maternity bra or 2. Also, I know it was a while ago you posted but I just wanna say losing a bit of weight is totally normal, I lost 8kgs in two weeks and the doctor wasn't concerned at all (Did let me have another ultrasound however just to check bubs was getting all the nutrients she needed, so I wasn't complaining about getting to see her hahah)

Klink - Does your pillow make you uncomfortable? Or is it good to sleep with? I've always been a tummy sleeper and am finding it so hard to adjust to sleeping on my side. I end up on my back a few times a night anyway.

AFM, my doctor announced quite happily the other day "Congrats on making the third trimester" when I walked through the door. Absolutely mind blowing that she'll be here soon. What a wonderful miracle that pregnancy is. I'm also seeing the OB and the midwives fortnightly now, which makes it seem that little bit more real.
I've loved seeing all your bump and scan photos and thought I'd upload my very first bnb bump photo.
photo (3).jpg

Hope you're all keeping well!

Beautiful bump Bree!! And yay for third trimester :hugs:
That pillow is the best one I've had so far. It took just a little bit adjustment but once you get used to it it's awesome!
I am flying on friday morning and I am so nervous! I hope baby and I are gonna make the flight safe and sound lol should I wear compression socks??

Hey ladies
sorry havent posted in a while. I am really loaded with work, travelling nearly 2hrs daily and working 10+ hrs .. and then there's the anxiety gripping me. I am 9w and Ive had no MS yet, whatever nausea I had (motion sickness) has gone away, so has the occasional cramps. I am not loosing weight but not gaining any either.. I am worried if everything is ok :|
I cant wait for my NT scan in 2 weeks to confirm everything is fine. DH got me surprise maternity clothes to cheer me up!

Great pics klink and Magz :)
Glad youre feeling better Sanjan.
Hope those of you still struggling with MS feel better soon..

Mint that's so sweet about the card and gift card :) gift cards are awesome!

Klink I asked my doctor about back sleeping at my last appointment and he said it's ok until around 20 weeks. But by then it might be too uncomfortable on your back anyway so you won't want to. I'm curious to hear what your doctor says. I really want a pregnancy pillow too! It's hard to get comfortable already.

Breeelizabeth very cute bump! And congrats on 3rd trimester :)

Mol sorry you're having to work so hard! That's good the nausea has gone away though. I wouldn't worry about anything, it's common to not have many symptoms and everything to be just fine.

So do you girls consider 13 weeks second trimester? I'm counting it in my head I just read different things different places. Here's my 13 week bump pic, just a bit of a pooch going on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 11
AFM, my doctor announced quite happily the other day "Congrats on making the third trimester" when I walked through the door. Absolutely mind blowing that she'll be here soon. What a wonderful miracle that pregnancy is. I'm also seeing the OB and the midwives fortnightly now, which makes it seem that little bita more real.
I've loved seeing all your bump and scan photos and thought I'd upload my very first bnb bump photo.
Hope you're all keeping well!

Whoa, great bump - congrats on entering 3rd tri now :) !!

Mint that's so sweet about the card and gift card :) gift cards are awesome!

Klink I asked my doctor about back sleeping at my last appointment and he said it's ok until around 20 weeks. But by then it might be too uncomfortable on your back anyway so you won't want to. I'm curious to hear what your doctor says. I really want a pregnancy pillow too! It's hard to get comfortable already.

Breeelizabeth very cute bump! And congrats on 3rd trimester :)

Mol sorry you're having to work so hard! That's good the nausea has gone away though. I wouldn't worry about anything, it's common to not have many symptoms and everything to be just fine.

So do you girls consider 13 weeks second trimester? I'm counting it in my head I just read different things different places. Here's my 13 week bump pic, just a bit of a pooch going on

Yay for that cutie of a bump! congrats on 2nd tri :)

thanks for the support too :hugs: you ladies help me keep perspective!

Mol don't worry (haha easier said than done I know) symptoms come and go, I'm sure your little one is fine in there :hugs:

Bree yay on 3rd tri! You look great!

Mia yeah I count 13 weeks as 2nd tri, it varies from 12-14 :) We're very similar, I can't really count mine as a bump yet is more like a pooch lol. You look really good :)

AFM I'm pretty much good just get the usual non-pregnancy related back and feet pains at work.
Also I've been getting pretty uncomfortable stomach aches, I don't know what to describe them as. Mostly they're low down where I'm guessing the uterus is so I'm imagining they're growing pains but then I also have bad stomach aches that are higher up, maybe relating to constipation?

Wow - there's been a lot of activity on the thread this weekend. I've been down visiting the inlaws for Thanksgiving. MIL gave me a baby book, and was madly trying to finish the baby blanket she was crocheting. She finished it before we left - I told her she still had six months, but she said she wanted us to have it. Guess she's pretty excited.

I'm pretty tired, and the congestion that had pretty much cleared up was pretty bad this weekend - I'm guessing because of their dog (allergies), and the relative lack of remedies available since we were traveling. But it was nice to see that side of the family. We'll likely only make it to see them once more before jellybean arrives because of my work, and the way breaks are laid out.

Nice bumps everyone, and congrats on the good scans and good news.

hello ladies

funny about sleeping positions.. Im normally a stomach sleeper, and its finally getting a bit uncomfortable to lay on my stomach. It feels like theres a small melon in there. Last night I woke up on my stomach and I was in a lot of discomfort, almost painful... so glad I woke up so I could roll onto my side.

I have a pillow also.. just a cheapie body pillow from Bed bath and Beyond... I hug it, tuck it between my boobs, and have a leg over it all at the same time lol

Bree, yay on 3rd tri... all of us are progressing so fast!! I can;t believe I'll be 5 months by Halloween!! Yikes!!

Does anyone know how I can upload photos of I'm using the mobile site?

Sorry I've been MIA again but the exhaustion has been too much. I've been miserable with ms and last night was the worst so far. Apple sick is horrible FYI and it burns and now I have heartburn and can't eat anything! Off to the doctors this morning to see if I can get something for some relief!

Welshgem - feel better. You have to upload the image to a hosting site like tiny URL and then paste the code in here.

Hope you guys feel better Welsh and lancadienne! :hugs:

I really need a pillow, I am a stomach sleeper myself and I cant get much sleep these days, adding to the exhaustion.

Welsh, if you cannot upload to another site (e.g. photobucket) you can upload to BnB as an attachment. On my mobile I just hit Go advanced > click the tiny PIN symbol (attachment) and a new window opens. There I upload and save the image, then close the window - Voila! Image appears as an attachment to my post.

Hello ladies, howz everyone doing? Great scan pics and bump pics :D

Welsh, just hang in there. I know how horrible MS can be, having suffered with that till last week. But it does go off and the time after that is really good. I'm finally feeling much better, able to and eat and feeling so energetic now, after throwing up almost 2 everyday for around 5-6 weeks.

I just had a little scare yesterday with some frequent cramps in lower abdomen and my back. Just checked with my doctor for cervical length but everything was fine. So, I was just having a bad case of RLP.

Hello, everyone! How is everyone today?

Congrats to all with the great appointment results, bumps, etc.! Keep the bump pics coming - I love them! So cute! :)

welshgem, I'm sorry you've been feeling so lousy. I hope you will start to feel better soon! :hugs:

SanJan, I'm glad the nausea has finally dissipated for you! I'm sorry about the RLP/cramps, though. Hopefully that will just be temporary!

Maggz, I get stomach aches like that from time to time, but I am pretty sure it is a normal effect of all the growth, organs pressing on each other, etc. In my Mayo Clinic book it said that some aches and pains in the abdomen are pretty common around 12 to 16 weeks, so I try not to worry and just go with the flow. :)

Mol, I agree with others that the lack of symptoms is most likely nothing to worry about. As our bodies acclimate to the level of HCG, we don't feel/notice the symptoms as strongly. Also, some women just don't get morning sickness at all! Neither my MIL nor my husband's cousin had it, and went on to both have perfectly wonderful baby boys. :)

I've been working on the side sleeping as well. I find it very uncomfortable as I am normally a stomach and/or back sleeper, and I also have restless legs, so it is typical for me to have to change positions every few minutes. I got a big Jolly Jumper pregnancy pillow that's in the shape of sort of a 7, but I find it's so big (I am a shortie!) and cumbersome that I'm not really comfortable with it yet. I'm going to try to break it in on the couch while watching TV first, and then use it in the bed.

I got another UTI on the weekend. Ugh. :/ I think it's because the way my job is, it's not easy to take washroom breaks, but I had a good talk with my boss and she gave me permission to go whenever I need to, no questions asked. So that is good. I am on amoxicilin again, and it makes me feel quite queasy. It doesn't seem to be easing the symptoms as quickly as last time, but hopefully with some continued rest I'll feel better soon!

welshgem - feel better.

Karen - oh no! Not another one. :nope: Have you talked to someone about taking probiotics? Especially after antibiotics, you should take them to get your good bacteria back up, but I take them all the time, and they actually reduce the risk of infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->