Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Excited to have a support group to keep me positive and patient... not exactly my strongest qualities. ;)

starluck, I hope your nausea isnt a hint of things to come... most those symptoms dont even start until a few more weeks yet.. as you are barely even 4 weeks along, its amazing you even feel anything.. I didnt even think to test until I was 5 weeks and wondering where in the hell my period was, because I felt sure I wasnt pregnant and was going to get AF any second. so I seriously hope for your sake that you arent going to be sick as a dog all pregnancy long! :hugs:

as for me, baby movement is getting a bit more stronger... I cant wait for my next midwife appt, but pregnancy brain has totally kicked in and I realize I forgot to write down my next appt, and cannot remember for the life of me when it exactly is.. as in this month or next month lol guess Ill have to call them

Dini, I know this is probably a stupid question, but have you tried lubricating the sliders of the drawers?? Hopefully that could fix it and they arent sticking due to warped wood.

And Im glad to hear most of us are doing pretty well despite the normal aches and pains. For those of you still dealing with MS... :hugs: ... I hope it passes soon, cuz it sucks.

And thanks for the weekend well wishes, karen... this weekend Im only working short lil 4 hour shifts, so hoping I can maybe have a BBQ with some friends!!

Whats everybody elses weekend plans??

starluck, I hope your nausea isnt a hint of things to come... most those symptoms dont even start until a few more weeks yet.. as you are barely even 4 weeks along, its amazing you even feel anything.. I didnt even think to test until I was 5 weeks and wondering where in the hell my period was, because I felt sure I wasnt pregnant and was going to get AF any second. so I seriously hope for your sake that you arent going to be sick as a dog all pregnancy long! :hugs:

as for me, baby movement is getting a bit more stronger... I cant wait for my next midwife appt, but pregnancy brain has totally kicked in and I realize I forgot to write down my next appt, and cannot remember for the life of me when it exactly is.. as in this month or next month lol guess Ill have to call them

Dini, I know this is probably a stupid question, but have you tried lubricating the sliders of the drawers?? Hopefully that could fix it and they arent sticking due to warped wood.

And Im glad to hear most of us are doing pretty well despite the normal aches and pains. For those of you still dealing with MS... :hugs: ... I hope it passes soon, cuz it sucks.

And thanks for the weekend well wishes, karen... this weekend Im only working short lil 4 hour shifts, so hoping I can maybe have a BBQ with some friends!!

Whats everybody elses weekend plans??

I hope my m/s gets better! I'm also on progesterone suppositories, so I'm sure those aren't helping the nausea. Today I actually feel pretty normal - very little nausea and I have some energy :thumbup:

As for weekend plans, tonight DH and I are going to our dancing lesson (we started taking salsa and meringue lessons for fun!) - tonight is our last night, we don't want to re-buy the lessons because now we have a baby to save for :happydance: Tomorrow I have my second beta level check. My beta was 53 yesterday (11 dpo), so hoping to see at least 100 tomorrow! I go in the early morning and will have the results in the afternoon :) The RE told me 53 is very good for 11 dpo since they usually expect to see at least 50 at 16 dpo :thumbup: So I'm feeling good about that and just hoping to see that number doubled tomorrow!

Enjoy your BBQ should you get to have it swampmaiden :)

Good luck on your levels starluck.

This weekend is my birthdayversary weekend (celebrating my birthday and wedding anniversary). Every year we go hiking upstate and stay in a suite at a bed and breakfast. There is also a pug parade. We will just do easy trails this year. I am actually currently probably about to miss the train... DH is gonna kill me :( That means we have to wait an hour for the next one. I also didn't finish any of my homework in time. I am really pretty stressed.
I also didn't even get DH an anniversary present so I just feel awful emotionally all around. I want to enjoy the weekend but it is tough.
It is also the last year we can stay at out favorite b&b since she doesn't allow kids.

Good luck on your levels starluck.

This weekend is my birthdayversary weekend (celebrating my birthday and wedding anniversary). Every year we go hiking upstate and stay in a suite at a bed and breakfast. There is also a pug parade. We will just do easy trails this year. I am actually currently probably about to miss the train... DH is gonna kill me :( That means we have to wait an hour for the next one. I also didn't finish any of my homework in time. I am really pretty stressed.
I also didn't even get DH an anniversary present so I just feel awful emotionally all around. I want to enjoy the weekend but it is tough.
It is also the last year we can stay at out favorite b&b since she doesn't allow kids.

aww Mint try to enjoy the weekend as much as you can! While your DH might be annoyed at first I'm sure he will get over it so you can fully enjoy your time together :hugs:

Klink so sorry to hear about the problems going on :hugs: I hope things get worked out and less stressful soon!

Sweetbliss I'm not currently taking anything for the ms, but I asked my doctor at my last appointment. He'll write a perscription for diclegis if I want, I'm just trying to hold out as long as possible until I can't take this anymore....I'm getting close...

Swampmaiden that's so fun to be feeling the baby more! And I hope you get to have your bbq!

Starluck dance lessons sound fun! I hope your levels are where you want them to be tomorrow:)

Mint sorry you're feeling stressed and emotional :hugs: I hope you're able to enjoy the weekend and DH is understanding. Happy birthday and anniversary to you!

I wish I had some exciting weekend plans but for now I'm content with my couch and tv. Just waiting around to feel better still.

Welsh, sorry you're feeling so crappy. Feel better soon!

Mango, keep the good results coming.

Karen, I didn't know that about the stethoscope, but it makes sense.

I'm just now starting to show, and only to people who know me really well because instead of my stomach caving in, it pops out very slightly. I think I'll have to go maternity-wear shopping this weekend just so I have clothes that fits when I need it. Oh, also I've booked my morphology ultrasound. Because of work schedules, and because I was trying to book my midwife appointment the same afternoon, and she's on holidays for two or three weeks around that time, it'll be December 3rd - which is 21 weeks and a bit, but that at least means we'll know (if we can know) before Xmas.

Mia I hope you get to feeling better soon and star luck good luck on your levels.

Swampmaiden, the problem with my drawers I'm certain is warped wood. The drawers don't really look like they even fit. I wish we had the money to have new drawers made since they are built in.

Mint I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend. I'm sure your hubby will understand about the gift. It's a busy time after all. I think hiking sounds amazing right now.

My weekend will be filled with work. I am so tired of getting up at 5am right now! And I have been so tired today I hope to get some aleep tonight because I don't know how I'll get through the weekend. It's been such a busy week with work and the class I took. My brain is tired!

Thank you everyone for the kind words! :hugs: We got it handled now. My husband is officially not in the army anymore. We had to extend our hotel until tuesday. That's when we will be flying out. Thank god - with our puppy! We have to pay out of pocket for the hotel but it's not that bad.

swampmaiden - Jace's movements got stronger too. I can now feel him almost every time when I'm laying down and he is very active. He's kicking me right now. He is sometimes kicking very hard, so hard my husband and I can feel it when we put our hands on my lower abdomen :) I asked my OB if that's possible and she said, it is possible since I am so skinny built.

Mint - Try to enjoy your weekend!

Dini - I'm sorry that you are so busy with work :(

I want to update the member/due date list. Can everyone please check the first post and see if they are on there and if the due date is correct? If you're not on there or something is wrong please let me know! :flower:

yay klink, Im so glad everything worked out!!

mint & dini, hang in there!! :hugs:

Lacanadienne that's exciting you're starting to show! And I'm glad you got your u/s scheduled before Christmas :)

Klink that's great everything got worked out and you can take your pup! My due date on the page is correct :)

I don't think I've felt the baby move yet, but I feel my heartbeat a ton in my stomach these days! Like I can see my stomach beating even just looking at it. So weird...increased blood flow I guess.

Klink, I'm not on the due date list, my date is January 6 :) also I'm really glad you got all that army stuff sorted. It sounded to me like it was a complete stuff around and waste of your time and energy so luckily it's sorted :) it's also so good you can take your pup!

Swampmaiden - I know it was a few pages ago but I wanted to say how exciting it is that you're feeling movement and that it's getting stronger!!! It makes it all seem real doesn't it?

Miagirl - Has your doctor talked to you about zofran? It's an absolute god send. They're wafers that dissolve on your tongue that cure nausea. You need a prescription but they're well worth it. I also remember the pulsing sensation in the belly!! So strange!

I got my first stretch mark a few days ago. It's right over my belly button (where my piercing is) which I've read is quite common, but it did definitely make me feel like a huge fatty!!!

I added you :) I also added the name of your babygirl and my babyboy :) Can't wait to be able to add everyone else's baby names and genders!
If I feel a poking feeling that I can also feel from the outside in my lower abdomen, pretty low, is this the baby or is this gas? But I thought that the uterus is now halfway in between the pubic bone and belly button so there shouldn't be any space for intestines anymore right?

klink, glad you got all of that stuff sorted out, and yay about your puppy traveling with you. :happydance: You'll see - you'll be settled in no time, and enjoying your pregnancy.

Hi ladies, just a quick update from me to let you know I was admitted to hospital last night with severe abdominal pains. I've been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum and the spasms in my stomach are a result of that because I'm not keeping food or drink down. I've lost half a stone in weight due to the illness.

I was put on an IV all night and all today and given anti sickness tablets so the sickness has now subsided. However I was suffering with diarrhea again and it's still persistant. The hospital discharged me earlier because they don't want me there with diarrhea so am resting up at home now.

They're not at all concerned about the baby due to the location of the pain and I've got my scan on Tuesday so hopefully bubs is all fine.

Oh you poor thing welsh! I'm glad baby is ok but so sorry you're having to go through that, sounds completely awful :( I feel like I have no right to complain about anything when I hear stories like yours. I can't imagine how bad that is!

Breeelizabeth my doctor didn't mention zofran but I've looked it up a bit. I think I'll try and just make it as long as I possibly can before taking any meds. But I will keep it on the radar if I still feel terrible by my next appointment early November.

Klink I don't know how to tell baby movement either, but a poking you can also feel from the outside sure sounds like baby!

Kline I'm so glad you got it all worked out! What a relief!

Welsh, you poor thing. How miserable for you. I'm glad baby is okay though and hopefully things get better from here. Get lots of rest!

Work was decent today but of course 8 hours in the back pain started up again. At least my coworkers know I'm pregnant now and are helping me more with the heavy patients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->