Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Oh and Klink I'm not on the list either. Currently my due day is April 18th. Could change when I see the OB next week though. I'll let you know!

Dini I'll add you with this due date for now. If it should change let me know :)
welsh - I'm sorry that you have to go through this, hopefully you feel better soon! :hugs:

Welsh, how horrible for you! All of the women I've ever heard of having hypermesis gravidarum have gone on to have perfectly normal babies, but you must be feeling awful. Hopefully the meds help you.

SanJan, I was at my prenatal yoga class on Saturday, and we always go over different poses that can help with sciatica. One of the poses that's supposed to be really good is pigeon pose - you could maybe try that. There's a different one we tried yesterday, but I don't really remember the name to it, and it you're really tight in there, it might be quite painful. You basically sit cross-legged, but with both legs kind of at a 90 degree angle, and ankle to knee.

I've now bought two maternity tops and two pairs of pants. I don't know about elsewhere, but in Canada, maternity wear is expensive. I might try going to a thrift store for the rest.

lacanadienne, it's so exciting that you're showing now!! yay for your ultrasound before christmas!!! i'm a yoga teacher part-time and i think you are describing double pigeon, also called 'fire log pose': https://www.yogajournal.com/pose/fire-log-pose/ I like to sequence this pose after pigeon on each side :)

klink, i'm so glad that all got sorted out! my dog is my baby too, so i understand that aspect :hugs: the movements you describe sure sound like baby to me! I'm due June 28th as far as I can tell :) It might be updated by a few days once I have an ultrasound.

:hugs: welshgem :hugs: that sounds terrible. i'm so sorry you are going through that. rest up and hopefully the medicine keeps working so you can feel better :thumbup:

Dini, are you a nurse? Just wondering since you said your coworkers are helping you with heavier patients.

Dini how long are you gonna work before you take maternity leave?

Mango - Yay for seeing that little heart! :)

Welsh - I'm so sorry! I really hope that things start to look up for you. Just remember, it is all for a good cause. At least you get something out of all of this in the end!

Starluck - Just hang in there and keep the positive thoughts!

Mint - Happy belated birthday! I hope that you were able to enjoy your trip with DH!

Swamp - When did you first feel the baby? I'm dying to feel those first little flutters. (Sorry if I already asked you this lol, my brain is failing me lately.)

Canadienne - Yay for your appointment! Let the countdown begin!

Dini - Are the tracks wood? I wonder if you can sand them down some to help them slide in easier. Depending on how many times they've been painted it might be a build up of paint as well so maybe sand the tracks and the part of the drawer that slides into the tracks.

Klink - I'm so glad that you were able to get it figured out and that your puppy gets to go with you! I could jump for joy for you! My date on the first page is still accurate :)

People that know I'm pregnant are starting to tell me I have a bump. DH keeps staring at my stomach too and tells me its changing. I am still claiming it is just whatever food I've eaten lol. I'll post my 14 week picture once I get it on the computer. That's about it for me I think!

Hi everyone,

Sorry, it's been quite a few days. Howz everybody? I'm just catching up on the thread.

Welcome to the newcomers. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Welsh, that really sounds awful. But, one positive thought - with HG, you'll feel really terrible, but it really doesn't affect the baby much(Source - my mum and my aunt had HG). So, try to hang on to that thought. For some with HG, it ends around 16 weeks and doesn't continue till the end. So, sending prayers to your way that it ends soon :hugs:

Klink, swamp & Karen : so amazing that you folks have started feeling the movements :) Hoping I'll reach that milestone soon.

Mia - Even I can see that pulsing sensation in my tummy. It's really a strange feeling.

As for me, I seemed to have popped suddenly in the last two days. My old jeans doesn't fit properly and last Saturday when I wore them for dinner, I got very uncomfortable after food and Sunday morning, when I woke up, I could see a clear bump. I thought I won't have a proper bump soon as I'm lil overweight, but I think I can see it because of my short height. So, it's high time to tell everybody at work now :haha:

@Everyone : How long is your maternity leave going to be and when are you going to take it?

Hi girls, hope you are all doing well.

Welsh I hope you are feeling better hon.

Starluck, yes I'm a nurse, I work in an ICU and most of our patients are heavy and most can do nothing to help so they tend to be "dead weight".

Klink, I'm really hoping to wait to go on maternity leave until I'm ready to give birth, lots of other girls do it, so that's my goal because if you take off early, they take it out of your maternity leave, so after baby is born I'd only the mandatory 6 weeks. I really want at least 8-10. We can't afford the full 12 as I won't have enough pay to cover it, and we want to go to Florida in early June so the baby can meet it's great-great grandmother.

I woke up with a terrible headache and congested today. I'm so worn out from this long week and I have so much to do today. I think I'm going to try to rest until this afternoon.

On a positive note, found baby first thing this morning on the doppler with a very loud heartbeat around 158. Usually it's been hard to find lately as it's moving all over, so it must've been sleeping lol.

Hi everyone,
Sorry I was so stressed out on Friday! Thanks for the encouragement. The weekend was lovely after all. I did miss my train (by five mins) but it worked out okay. DH went ahead on that train and got the rental car (the further away from the city you rent the car the cheaper it is) and brought it back to the train station. The car wasn’t even ready when he got there so we didn’t end up really losing any time. It actually snowed lightly while we were up there which made for some really beautiful hiking! (See photo)

Klink - My date is wrong on the list. It is May 8th. Our girl name is Rosemary (no middle name yet) and we haven’t picked a boy name yet aside from our joke name “Mugsy.”

Welshgem - so sorry you are going through such sickness but glad that you are finally getting the medical treatment you need. I hope you feel better soon.

lacanadienne - maternity wear is really expensive here in the US too. And with DH currently unemployed I just don’t want to buy anything for myself - I’d rather save for the baby! I am thinking I may do second hand as well.

SanJan - whoops you said you suddenly pooped - I think you meant you suddenly popped LOL. As for maternity leave I plan to take mine at 35 weeks which is April 2nd. This is because it is the day before spring break. When we come back on April 13th I will be 36+4 so it just makes more sense to just leave before the break (I don’t get paid vacations or paid leave). I don’t know when I will return exactly. My job is pretty flexible so I can just kind of tell them when I am ready to return and I may come back only part time at first.

Dini - feel better. I hope you get done what you need to get done. And how exciting that you were able to find the hb so easily!

Bree - do you still have your bellybutton ring in? Trying to figure out if/when I need to take mine (all 3 of them!) out…

DH is convinced I am showing a little. I think it is just bloat as in fluctuates a lot throughout the day and it is still a bit early. However, when I took a bath this weekend I noticed that, usually in the bath when I am lying on my back my normally pretty flat stomach actually goes a bit concave but now it doesn’t and it is raised slightly - not a bump really, but not totally flat either.

My NT scan is tomorrow! Someone else has a scan tomorrow too right? I think we have a few scans this week yeah?

Attachments

• 10659210_10152754558599166_6895435209754805871_n.jpg
    10659210_10152754558599166_6895435209754805871_n.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 5
Mint - lol, I just corrected it. For us, we get 3 months paid maternity leave and an extra 3 months of unpaid leave if we want to extend it. I'm planning to take 6 months, including the extension.

Dini - I hope you get some rest soon.

And its 11:40 pm here, but still couldn't sleep because of backache :dohh: I just wish I would get some relief soon.

Starluck & lacanadienne, I think I'll try to go through that yoga posture tomorrow morning, to see if that helps. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Mint, I corrected your due date and I will add your name once you find out if boy or girl :) Or are you staying team yellow? Then I'll add both names right away :)

starluck - I added you to the list :flower:

Well, my bad luck never stops. My sister sent me a text earlier, asking what airline we fly with because one airline is striking. And of course it's the one we were supposed to fly with. So both of our flights tomorrow got cancelled and we have to stay two more nights at the hotel, so more money is gone. I am so aggravated and I swear, if I would have been further along I would have given birth today lol

sweetbliss, aw yay can't wait to see your picture!

LOL SanJan, guess you better tell everyone now! I can take up to 3 months due to FMLA law in the U.S. I believe I get 6 weeks paid, and I have to use my vacation time before that starts (I *think*). I'm planning to take the full 3 months, with the last 6 weeks unpaid.

Mint, glad you had a great time! aww Mint and Rosemary, that would be cute! Enjoy your NT scan tomorrow :happydance:

SanJan, try some other hip openers first before fire log - i.e. pigeon or sleeping pigeon. Going right into fire log could be a little rough if your outer hips are tighter.

My first scan is scheduled for Nov. 4th :wohoo: I'll be 6+1 :) Hopefully we see the heartbeat, but my RE will see me in my 7th week also, so if not I won't get nervous. They are doing more close monitoring since I'm considered "high risk" due to low progesterone and estrogen.

Actually, I'll be 6 + 2 :)

Ugh Klink, I'm so sorry!!! Hopefully they will refund some of your $ for the inconvenience?

Klink - I saw the airline mess on fb - sounds like it is sorted out now though?
We are trying to stay team yellow so you can go ahead.

Starluck - Thanks. The name actuality has a double meaning for us - the perennial herb connection for me that you got but also DH's grandmother was named Rose Mary.

Also, I am currently FORTY minutes late for work because I got on the wrong train...twice...
Can I blame pregnancy brain?

Wow, this thread makes me realize how lucky we are in Canada. Employers up here have to give you a year off. It is technically unpaid for a part of it, but employment insurance pays you a bit if you've been working for over four months for the same employer.

Mint (and anyone else who has a scan coming up), good luck for the scan! I'm sure everything will go well.

hi ladies

klink.. that super duper sucks.. my friend and I got stranded in Cancun once because the airline we were supposed to fly out on got shut down by the government for too many maintenence problems... lol in hindsight Im glad that we didnt risk a flight on one of their airplanes but boy was it a pain in the ass. we were broke, having spent the last of our money on bus fare to the airport for our flight only to have had it cancel... no refunds... I had to call my mom to wire me $50 bucks so we'd have enough money to get back to Cancun, stay another night in the hostel and eat.. and I had to buy a new set of airline tickets on my credit card which took me nearly 6 months to pay off.. not the best way to end the vacation. My friend insists we should've taken a bus back home.. but from Cancun to San Diego wouldve been nearly a week..

anyhoo, as for me.. just been working. To those of you that asked about movement.. Ive been feeling light sensations of movement since about 16 weeks, but lately.. as in the last week (18 weeks), its been getting stronger, like it literally feels like theres a misshapen ball in there rolling around. Its been strongest in the morning. Apparently the fetuses sleep for nearly 20 hours a day, and most of their movement is at night when we are sleeping, so it can be tough to coincide laying down quietly while awake with their activity pattern/movement

hope all is well... welshgem, much sympathy for the HG diagnoses.. I really hope the doctors give you something to help manage it, and I hope it goes away soon so you can start eating and enjoying pregnancy appetite!

Gosh klink, what luck! Huggs!

Back pain and I have gotten close as well lol and I have this spot on my leg that is numb. It has done that before and it usually goes away after an hour or so but it's not going away and its a much larger area now so I'm guessing it's a pinched nerve or something. It's really a frustrating feeling.

Is it something that bothered you pre-pregnancy as well Dini?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->