Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Also, I am currently FORTY minutes late for work because I got on the wrong train...twice...
Can I blame pregnancy brain?

lol! i'd say yes :) i've been misspelling more words this last week than ever. i actually thought to myself "could this really be pregnancy brain already?!"

Wow, this thread makes me realize how lucky we are in Canada. Employers up here have to give you a year off. It is technically unpaid for a part of it, but employment insurance pays you a bit if you've been working for over four months for the same employer.

Mint (and anyone else who has a scan coming up), good luck for the scan! I'm sure everything will go well.

you're very lucky lacanadienne. the u.s. is lightyears behind most of the world in terms of maternal/paternal leave. ::sigh::

Thanks ladies :hugs:

swampmaiden - Oh gosh how horrible. We are thankfully not broke - well, not yet lol Our next flight is on Thursday.

So I had the worst pain so far this morning. I was putting on make up and all of the sudden I got that bad lower back pain on the right side of my body and it radiated to my hip and to my pelvic bone or very low lower abdomen and a little bit of my thigh. All on the right side of my body. It hurt so bad that I was even crying (also because I was worried that something might be wrong with Jace). It lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes and then it was gone. No bleeding or anything. And right after I found the hb on the doppler as well so I guess it wasn't anything too bad. Has anyone of you ladies experienced this??

Oh and Mint - Pregnancy brain is horrible lol I've had it for a while now too. It's so bad I'd forget where I parked the car :haha:

Hey ladies,
Sorry I have been so caught up with work lately I haven't had the time to drop in.

Klink and Dini, hope your aches are better soon. I have the worst backache already.. and my foot is so swollen at the end of the day I can hardly figure out my ankle.

Lancadienne and Sanjan, I get 3 months paid (+1 month paid extension on doc recommendation) and I can take upto a year of unpaid in my company if I want. I think I am going to go for 7 months of ML, 1 month before delivery + 3 months after of paid leave and 3 months unpaid.

I fell ill and had to take 2 days of paid leave :( which means I have to compensate this week for the piled up work. Thank god flu is my only 1st tri symptom. I wonder how I would make up at work if I had MS!

I scheduled my NT scan on 1 nov - 1 day shy of 12 weeks! :happydance: Its a very good clinic and very hard to get in :) Hope you ladies are well ! Hope to be here more often now

Thanks Mol, I hope you feel better soon as well! :hugs:

Oh my, I am so behind on this thread! Sorry, ladies!

To all who have been feeling lousy, welshgem, Dini, SanJan, MolGold, klink, Mia, and anyone I missed (sorry if I did!) I hope you all feel better soon!!! :hugs:

Klink, I'm sorry your flight got messed up, but glad that it seems it worked out in the end? I'm sorry you've had to deal with such stress, though. I wonder if that contributed to the ache you were feeling. I'm glad to hear you heard a great heartbeat after, so I'm sure your little baby boy is fine, but it's no fun to worry, nonetheless!

Mint, I am definitely having pregnancy brain as well! I blame a combination of rising hormones, lack of sleep, and lots on the mind. I can sometimes laugh at myself later, but it's not too fun at the time, lol.

As for me, I had a pretty stressful weekend and spent a lot of it crying. :( I developed a yeast infection from the antibiotics I was taking, and was starting to have a pink tinge when I wiped. It wasn't like spotting, but I thought it might be blood in the urine, so I freaked out that the UTI had spread and that I might need an IV antibiotic (I'd heard of someone that happened to). In addition, I found out my husband may have an abdominal hernia, which would likely necessitate a surgery. Granted it is supposedly a very simple, outpatient procedure, but still, it had me quite shaken. He had a cancer scare two years ago and ever since whenever he has a health issue, my mind instantly wanders to the worst.

Luckily, yesterday was a better day! I had my scheduled OB checkup, and she explained that the blood tinge I saw was actually very common, and most likely just from irritation to the area caused by the UTI and yeast infection. She said it would only be worrisome if the blood was heavy or accompanied by bad cramps, neither being the case with me, so that made me feel a lot better. All I had to do was get a cream for the yeast infection, so luckily nothing too bad.

Best of all, she used the doppler and was able to pick up the heartbeat instantly, and it sounded soooo good! It was very loud, clear, fast, and strong, much clearer than last time! It was truly music to my ears.

I also asked her about a weird feeling I've been having on and off. At first it was just sort of a pressure feeling in my lady parts, lol, like I was being poked with a Q-tip, but over time it got stronger, and the other day it felt like I had an electric shock go through the area! I asked her, and she said it is just the pubic bone opening up. Weird, but interesting I guess, and I'm glad to know it is nothing to worry about.

My hubby has his appointment on Thursday, and hopefully it will go well. I'm trying to stay positive! Then onward and upward to our gender ultrasound - 10 days to go!! :happydance:

Karen I am so sorry that you had so much stress this weekend! I hope that your husband turns out to be ok! :hugs:

As for the uncomfortable pressure you've been feeling. I have that as well for a few days on and off, then it stops, and the it's back. Glad to hear that it's our pubic bone opening up, I wonder if that was the reason my back pain and pelvic bone pain occurred.

I am so excited for your gender scan! :flower: Forgive me if I forgot but what where the names you had picked?

I agree, klink, your pain could definitely be tied to that!

The girls names we are choosing between are Lily (my pick) and Lucy (my husband's pick). The middle name will be Dorothy.

If it's a boy, we are choosing between Zackary, Max, Lucas/Luke, and Christian, and the middle name will be David.

Our last name is Shuster.

What do you guys think?

Karen, glad things are starting to look up at least. I hope your husband's appointment goes well.

As for names I like Zachary best with Christian as a close second. I love the name Max but think the other two go better with your middle and last. I actually want Max on our list but DH doesn't.

Mint - that picture is breathtaking! I'm so glad that you two were able to have a nice weekend together. I love the girl name you all picked out and the meaning behind it makes it even more special and beautiful! DH and I are having a hard time picking out a boy name as well lol.

Klink - I'm so sorry about the airline strike! I really hope they are able to help pay for some of your expenses! I'd make sure I kept badgering them until they did help! The pain you described having sounds like sciatica to me. I get it here and there too.

Swamp - I'm impatiently waiting for those sweet first little flutters! I love your description of the feeling you're having now. "A misshapen ball" :)

Karen - I'm so sorry about your weekend and your DH! It will work out though, try to not stress too much. I know that is easier said than done but we're all here for you to vent and get it all out. I've found that venting and getting everything out of my system definitely helps lower my level of stress and anxiety. I've been having those same feelings down there! They can be kind of painful. Glad to know what it is now lol I love all of your name picks! I vote for Lucas for a boy! I wanted that on our boy name list but DH said no lol.

I feel like I never really have any new updates for me lol. DH is obsessed with my stomach lately, its kind of cute. I can't wait to know if there is a little boy or girl in there though! I am hoping to make our private scan for November 7th. If that works out then only 17 days to go! I kind of wonder if DH would want to go a week earlier so it'd only be 10 days to go lol. I finished staining and putting the 3 coats of poly on the baby's dresser! (I wore a respirator the entire time, so no worries :) ) Now I'm putting poly on the drawers. Only 2 more coats to go. I'll post a picture when its all done. I need to clean out our shed today so that we can move the extra entertainment stand in the soon to be nursery in there. It really needs to be organized in general though lol. I should probably go do that now....

Here's my 14 week picture a few days late! And I'll attach a candid shot from the pumpkin patch too. I feel like I look way bigger in my weekly pictures than in every day life lol.

Attachments

• DSC_1246ee.jpg
    DSC_1246ee.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 6
  • 10352330_10154767219605188_2349089909191380453_n.jpg
    10352330_10154767219605188_2349089909191380453_n.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 7
Karen, I like Zackary and Christian :) I think they both go well with the middle name and last name. I hope your husband is okay! I know I would be worried too :hugs:

It's good to hear about these pelvic related pains you are all having. Helps me prepare myself :winkwink:

This pregnancy still doesn't feel really real yet. I look at my positive pregnancy tests every day to check again :haha: Even when m/s kicks in and my boobs don't fit in my bra it's still hard to believe! My DH is having an even harder time believing it because it's obviously not his body that is changing. This weekend we went to Target and bought our first set of onesies to help it feel more real :cloud9: I can't wait for our first scan on Nov. 4th! :happydance:

That's nice starluck. I am still night feeling it real.I would love to go and buy some clothes for the baby but I am just afraid what if that jinxes it.. But I guess should go and buy some ��

That's nice starluck. I am still night feeling it real.I would love to go and buy some clothes for the baby but I am just afraid what if that jinxes it.. But I guess should go and buy some ��

I completely understand what you mean! DH and I are sometimes feeling a little cautious about our excitement. I am scared of having a miscarriage, but at the same time I also understand that if it happens, it happens. I don't have much control over that besides the obvious healthy choices I make (no drinking, no smoking, no jumping out of planes ;), eating well, etc). I'm trying to be excited about this pregnancy regardless of my occasional worrying about m/c because in reality most women have healthy pregnancies/babies :flower: and even if I DO m/c at some point, I'd rather have spent this time happy and excited than worried every day. BUT that is really hard when you are a chronic worrier like me! So, I totally understand why you've been hesitant to buy clothes :)

thats true Starluck, I like your positive attitude - I really need to get it, have been told that countless number of times by many people (things happen in life if it has to) enjoy the moment right now! :)

Somewhere somebody said in this forum itself that we are pregnant TODAY which is the important thing.

I'm not always so positive, but it's something I'm working on all the time :) I'm sure you'll see my 'doom and gloom' side at some point ;)

Lol - pregnancy brain. Between the crazy days at work, and the pregnancy, I find I forget most of the posts before I write my reply, so I apologize in advance if I forget some people.

Karen, you're really having no luck with the infections! Hope it goes better soon. :hugs: I'm sure your DH will be fine. Oh, and I like Zachary too - mostly because I really love that name in French.

starluck and mango, the beginning is tough. I know it didn't feel completely real to me for a long time. Try to enjoy it as much as you can.

swamp, that sounds like a horrible holiday. Luckily it all got sorted in the end, even if it took a long time to get sorted.

I miss so much when I don't check here for a couple days! Oops.

Klink I'm sorry to hear about the airline problems, so frustrating! And I haven't felt that exact kind of pain but the other morning I was feeling pain in what feels like my kidney area...it was weird and of course freaked me out.

Karen I'm so sorry you're having infection problems and scares, but glad things are ok with the baby. And I hope things go well with your husband, that's definitely scary and stressful to have to deal with. I can't wait to hear the results from your gender scan soon! I actually like all the names you've chosen :)

Sweetbliss that's fun you're putting nursery furniture together! And cute pics, looks like you're starting to get a little bump!

Starluck that's definitely a sweet positive attitude to have :) it's hard to be in such early pregnancy but yes it's true that a majority will turn out well!

I think *fingers crossed* that my ms is easing up. Finally! Still feel a little barfy in the mornings and evenings, but afternoons have been way better the last two days! Hope I didn't just jinx it by saying that. I was kind of shocked when we took my 14 week picture, kind of seems like I already popped a bit! I just wasn't expecting it already! I totally thought I felt some little flutters last night too...I really hope it was the baby and there are many more to come!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member