Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

No, I'm from Germany and we were stationed in Italy :)

Oooh I see. So you are pretty much, somewhat a mom already lol

Well, he does but he doesn't. And I don't think he will really change anything so we just try to suck it up, but I'll try to talk to him to at least give us a day notice, so we don't have to stop whatever we are doing, just because he wants us to do something.

Well, he's in the National Guards right now and is getting an active National Guard job in January, so no one is gonna hire him for 2 months, you know. It sounds horrid , but he's just gonna file for unemployment for now and call it a day since no one is gonna hire him and he already has a job lined up + bills are not gonna pay themselves.

I can't work here cause I don't have my green card yet. We were not sure where I want to have the baby but I think I want to have it in the US rather than in Germany, so filing for my green card will be the next step. His grandma's co-worker wanted me to tutor her kids in German but I haven't heard anything back from her, so even though I don't get any money, I might start volunteering at an elderly home. I love old people! lol

Volunteering sounds lovely Klink! As an aged care nurse myself I know how much the oldies enjoy it, especially coming up to the holiday season seeing as so many don't have family. What a lovely thing to consider :)

I finally brought my pram/stroller ladies and I love it! It wasn't the most expensive one but was perfect for me in every way! It has a reverse handle so I can push it and look at baby or flip it around and push it from behind. It also came with all the extras (rain cover, sunshade and foot cover) which saves me some extra money having to buy them later AND it is so so easy to put down (literally two hand buttons and a foot button and it's on the ground)! So happy!!!

Mmmh gotcha I thought you said you were from there but wasn't 100% It took me about 5 months to get my green card, with a month delay cause we moved in the process and USCIS takes forever to update their database so they were still sending me stuff to the old address.

Haha yeah you could say that although I try to stay out of his business, but I'm thinking I need to run an even tighter ship... the house shouldn't look this messy with 3 adults living here. Our main problem though is we have no storage space - shelves, drawers etc... We've been focusing more on the big things like a couch and bed and closet so now I need to start introducing ORGANIZATION into the house hahaha...

Bree that sounds awesome can you find a link for it? I have no idea what to get.

Make him do some chores! He is 16 years old, he can do some chores and take some responsibility :)
Yes, I heard it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year so hopefully it'll be done in no time.
What country are you from? I always see you post stuff in a different language on facebook but I haven't figured out yet what language it is haha

Yeah it's been kinda difficult right now cause our schedules are all kind of sporadic but now that football season is ending it should get easier to assign chores.
I'm from Iceland :)

Oh how cool! So what language do you guys speak there then?

By the way, here is my bump picture from today! Show me your bumps ladies!v:thumbup:

Attachments

• 10415662_985596124800243_5008555460341851442_n.jpg
    10415662_985596124800243_5008555460341851442_n.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 9
Such a cute bump Klink!

Here's the link, the reviews say the wheels aren't great but I've already figured them out (as they are all swivel wheels and can be locked separately, so just takes some practice I guess)
https://m.britax.com.au/strollers-and-prams/steelcraft-eclipse-acclaim-reverse-handle-4

We speak icelandic :)
You look great klink! My bump is an amateur compared to yours I'll take a pic in the morning :)
The baby is kicking up a storm in there right now it's so fun! My belly is very firm and I feel like I can feel every movement. :cloud9:
DH just asked if I should maybe be getting bigger, he was worried that baby might not be getting everything it needs to grow since I'm still pretty little. So cute when he shows concerns :) I am not worried, and explained to him baby will take whatever it needs from me and leave me with nothing instead ;)

Bree that stroller looks great! I Don't even know if we will get one but if we do I wanna be able to lay it down completely so the baby won't need it's car seat... I wanna see your bump!

All right ladies it's night night time over here, hope everybody's doing good!

Hey ladies :) Howz everyone?

So good to hear from you Klink :) Nice to know that you are getting settled in and those scan pics are awesome.

Has anyone heard from swamp and Mint lately?

As for me, I was getting really bored lately, as there isn't much to do without finding out the gender - no shopping as we have this custom of buying baby things only when the baby is here and we are not discussing much on names too now. I have some of them shortlisted but we'll finalize only when the baby is here. And we weren't planning on nursery as well earlier, as we are in a rented out place currently.

But, one good news is, our own flat will be ready by end of Dec or beginning of Jan. Now I can at least start with some ideas baby's room and also on the interiors for our new home. So, finally, something to get started on :D

So close to 20 week mark now - So exciting now. Next target - scan on 26th. And after that, waiting for the V-Day :happydance:

Thats fun Sanjan! Hope you're feeling good :)

Here's my 18+6 bump... Kinda waiting for it to kick in still lol looks a lot like just love handles with a little extra on the front!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
That's a cute bump maggz! :)
I didn't pop until recently so don't have yourself all worried!

Bree, we'll get a travel system too :)

I haven't heard anything from swampmaiden but I talked to mint the other day and she's doing good. She's just busy :)

Hi girls!!

Maggz your bump is too cute. I still have nothing to show except my usual fluff. I've gained 5 lbs the last month, DH said its all in my hips and I think he's right.

So I had an eventful day. I'll make it short though. The midwife couldn't find the heartbeat or even hear movement with the Doppler. I had to wait for their ultrasound to be fixed to find baby was just fine and sleeping with its butt facing my belly so that's why she didn't hear it. I was so scared but got to see baby for a brief moment and got some pics. Really couldn't see much as she did it quickly but we did see quite clearly that we are having a BOY :blue:

I have to keep it from DH till our actual private gender scan tomorrow and it's killing me! He's already convinced it's a boy but I can't wait to share it with him.

I have my 20 week scan scheduled on December 8th but I'll be over 21 weeks by then. I just want to know baby doesn't have any obvious anomalies before I put it out there. We have been waiting for that scan to tell the fb world and some other family and now I have three more weeks to wait.

Yay Dini congrats on your baby boy! See, your day turned around ;)

Im just here at school trying to make my bump look bigger so I don't just look very unflatteringly fat :rofl:

Yay, congrats on :blue: Dini :)

Maggz, that's a cute bump. And don't worry much, it'll grow into something even more real, just overnight :D

Congrats, Dini! I'm sure it's exciting to know.

maggz, don't worry - I completely understand. I'm not showing very much yet, and, because I have a long torso, my belly's flat until about an inch below my bellybutton, then pops out a bit. It looks a bit odd. That plus my navel is starting to herniate out, but only partially. Nowhere near klink's bump. The parents might not even guess in two days' time.

Well we had our first real snow yesterday, and it was cold today with quite a bit of wind, so the snow's likely to stay for at least a few more days. Guess the five months of winter have started...

First snow for us as well yesterday and bitter cold for November. I think 7 degrees Fahrenheit is too cold lol.

It's going to be a long winter for sure. I heard nearly every state in the US had somewhere with temps below freezing today. Hard to believe In the southern states but it seems everyone thinks this will be a terrible winter. Can't wait for it to be over!

https://s9.postimg.org/j2dxo0ji7/image.jpg

well here goes... My big fat tummy at 33+1

Congrats on team :blue: Dini! Hopefully your little man cooperates tomorrow so OH can find out!

Aw Bree you look great! I seriously can't believe you're getting so close! :happydance:

Thanks girls, it just looked like fat today lol. I'm not worried but DHs comment did make me think about it. Fx for Friday :)

It was probably below zero somewhere in Cali last night my house was only 66 degrees this morning and barely made it up to 70 today. I've been freezing all day. I realized I need to get some warmer clothes I was scrambling to find at least a sweater so my arms would literally not fall off. Haha.

Swamp, Karen, mint, how are you guys??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->