Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Bree, you look really great :) Soo close now!

Yayy, 20 weeks today :happydance: It's actually starting to feel more real and getting really excited now :yipee:

Apart from that, feeling really better these days. Thanks to lil bit of exercise and walking for 30 mins/day, by backache is also slightly reduced. Have to call and schedule for my scan on 26th.

Hope those who are silent are doing good.

Dini - Congrats on team blue! I'm not the only one any more, yay! :flower: Have you guys decided on a name yet? :blue:

SanJan - yay for 20 weeks! You're halfway through!!!

It's super cold here and we've had snow for like 4 days or so now. Thank god the roads are not covered though, cause we don't have winter tires yet.

19 weeks today yay! I'm catching up SanJan ;)
I need to make you my role model and start walking every day... my back is pretty bad and now it's getting my lower back/upper butt area. It really hurts when I walk but I'm thinking maybe it's just stiff joints that are losening up and need some help?

Lol klink it's so cold here too... for Southern California at least... I'm freezing my butt off and I need warmer clothes!

Edit: Haha I guess I mentioned that I need warmer clothes in my last post, oops, well I still need them! :haha:

Yay one more week maggz and then you'll be half way through too!!! :)
Thank god I mostly packed warm clothes. Now I just need a coat for my pug. I read that they actually can get pretty sick when you walk them without a coat on in temperatures like we have now.

So yesterday Jace didn't really move a lot so I was soo soo worried, even after listening to him on the doppler. I was so worried that I had a horrible night with bad dreams that something happened to him. This morning he was back to his normal self though, rolling around in my tummy.
Am I the only one that gets so freaked out if the baby is not moving the same amount like it usually does?

Haha a little pug coat sounds adorable :)

Doesn't freak me out yet when I haven't felt baby in a while... But well yeah actually one night I pulled out the Doppler cause I didn't remember feeling it that day. It was just chillin in there :) I'm sure jace is just messing with his mama ;)

yayy, just one more week Maggz :) Also, do start with walking for atleast 15-20 mins a day. I was having lower back ache a couple of weeks back and walking has really helped me in that. At least, with that exercise, I get tired and get some good sleep which does wonders the next day :haha:

Klink, I think we don't have to freak out about movement patterns now. My cousins and even my dr told me that we need to really track the movement patterns only after 26 weeks. Till then, the baby is still small and the position can hinder in us feeling their movements.

okay everyone, i have my first OB appointment tomorrow, and i have some questions i want to ask, but surely i'm forgetting so many good questions!

have a "questions to ask at first appointment" list?
or even a "i didn't ask this but, in hindsight, SHOULD have asked" list?

:help:

Jumpingo - ask about when your first scan appointment will be. Also, if you are planning on some travel, tell them about the same and see if its OK to travel now. Tell them about the symptoms you are having, even the most obvious ones. And then, of course a prescription for your prenatal vitamins.

Jumpingo - ask about when your first scan appointment will be. Also, if you are planning on some travel, tell them about the same and see if its OK to travel now. Tell them about the symptoms you are having, even the most obvious ones. And then, of course a prescription for your prenatal vitamins.

oooh, thanks!

i got a prescription for prenatals when the blood test came back positive several weeks ago, so good to go on that one, but the others have been added to my list! thank you!!:flower:

Hi, my friends!

Sorry I haven't been around - things have been pretty busy lately and I've been feeling really worn out. All is well, though. I had a pretty uneventful OB appointment on Monday, and I figure, uneventful means all is fine. Then yesterday I had a follow-up at the clinic to see what was going in with the UTIs, and the urine test came back clear, so the UTI did in fact go away and wasn't just continually lingering. That was good news! They sent my urine for a more in-depth culture, to see if there was any other type of infection present, but I don't think so.

Dini, congrats on the boy!!! How exciting! And that must be fun working on the nursery!

Bree, cute picture! And how fun that you got your stroller!

Klink, thanks for sharing the ultrasound and bump pics!!! Wonderful all around! Like you, once in a while my baby isn't as active as previous days, but then I find within a day or two she's back to her bouncing self. I think it's days when I'm busier that she is lulled to sleep more, maybe.

Maggz, your bump looks so cute! And you find out tomorrow, correct? Yay!! Best wishes for a great scan.

SanJan, congrats on reaching the halfway point! That is a great feeling, isn't it? And that's exciting about getting your own flat!

Mol, how have you been feeling? Better, I hope!

Jumpingo, at my first regular OB appointment, I made a list of any symptoms I was experiencing to ask her what they were, if they were normal, etc. She was very good at reassuring me. I also asked her about travelling, like was mentioned earlier, and we talked about when we would do ultrasounds. Oh, and I asked her about certain foods that she thought I should avoid (she's a lot more lax on that than I am, but she did emphasize not to eat unpasteurized soft cheeses like Brie or blue cheese).

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

To our other friends who haven't had a chance to post in a while, I hope all is well!

In happy news, my hubby finally felt the baby move a few days ago! Each time he had tried prior he tended to just miss it, have his hand in the wrong spot, etc. but he finally got it and we were both very happy. And last night, we officially decided that her name will be Lily Dorothy Shuster!! Lily is the name I was hoping for, so I am very happy. :)

The only negative lately is that I've been having TERRIBLE dreams! I have had bad dreams about the baby off and on, I think related to residual anxiety and sadness from my previous loss. But lately they've been terrible in different ways. Two nights in a row I had awful dreams that I did something terrible to my husband, and last night, I had a dream that he found out he had cancer and only had 1 week to live. I just wake up feeling emotionally exhausted. :(

Anyone else having nightmares? I've read it's quite common due to pregnancy hormones, but ugh, hey stink!

Have a great day, everyone! :thumbup:

Glad you are doing good Karen :flower:

And I get a lot of nightmares. I dreamed the other day that I went in to labor and then last night I dreamed that my husband left me :coffee:

What where your nightmares about?

I have horrible dreams as well. Had a really scary one last night but I don't remember it now.

Between my dreams, sciatica pains and now heartburn and indigestion its a real challenge to sleep.

My mw said I can take anything over the counter for the heartburn but I'm trying not to take things on a daily basis but that may change if it doesn't ease up.

Thankfully I don't have nightmares, just weird dreams! I hope it passes for you all, that sounds really horrid. Waking up tired and upset is not a good way to start the day.

Jumpingo I suck at questions for the doctor haha. I have usually googled or asked someone else before an appointment and then the ones I do have I forget about or feel too weird to ask. Stupid I know. :haha:

Karen glad your DH finally got to feel it! Where are those belly pics you've been taking??

Dini thankfully I don't get heartburn either but I burp constantly! Very attractive!!! :rofl: Also if I need to burp while I'm laying down, some fluid comes up with it (reflux??). Not bad just annoying.
The ball exercises I did last night really relieved my back/hip pain. Do you have an exercise ball? They were pretty easy to do and I did them while watching TV haha

Sorry you've been having trouble sleeping, Dini! Heartburn definitely sucks. That was something I asked my OB about on Monday, and she said to go ahead and take Tums when I need them. She said that the calcium in Tums is good for the baby, so it's fine. :)

Aww, klink, that's a terrible dream. I'm sorry. :(

Last week, I had dreams two nights in a row that I cheated on my husband with my ex-boyfriend! :nope: I would never be unfaithful in a million years, least of all with him, so it made me feel so sick when I woke up. Ughh. What a relief to realize it was just a dream.

Then a couple nights ago, I dreamt that I came home from work, and my husband got the results of his ultrasound (remember how in real life he had one the same day I had mine?). He told me that it was cancer, and he only had 7 days to live!

Coincidentally, he actually did get the results of his ultrasound later that same day, and he found out there is nothing there (he thought he had a ventral hernia), so that was a big relief!!!

Ah, I will attach my 22-week picture! I think I'm starting to get pretty big! That being said, I wear one of my tightest t-shirts for these pictures so I might not look quite that big on a day-to-day basis, but I've definitely been getting curious looks from some of the moms at my work. I've told most of my own students now, but there are a lot of other clients who work with different tutors, so they don't necessarily know, but probably suspect I am pregnant! I also had my first stranger comment on my being pregnant without me saying anything; it was a couple weeks ago when my husband and I were buying groceries and a pumpkin for Halloween. The cashier asked me if I wanted to just put the big pumpkin back in the cart, rather than in a bag, but then she noticed my belly and said "Oh! Never mind! He can lift it. Congratulations!" It was kind of cool, and made me happy that I don't just look chubby, lol.

Have a great weekend, everyone! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 22 weeks resized.jpg
    22 weeks resized.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 13
Those are horrible Karen :(
Good news on your hubby though! That's a relief!
No one comments in my wannabe bump yet lol I think people generally think I have a very unfortunately placed pudge. Lol

Scan in 6 hours!

Those dreams sound horrible, Karen! Glad things are otherwise good, and your bump looks great.

Good luck on your scan, maggz! Let us know how it went.

I'm feeling pretty exhausted today. Worked until 8 pm last night because I had parent-teacher conferences. Nobody commented on my looking pregnant except the mother of one of my past students, so my parents don't know yet. I don't really look that pregnant yet - just have a bit of a bulge - but my pants are starting to be too tight to button up, so I've been using a belly belt on top of them.

One more week and a half to wait until the next u/s! It's getting close!

Oh goodness please don't think I meant your bump is horrible Karen, haha just realized it could be interpreted like that!
You look lovely! :flower:

All righty girls! Anatomy scan is done and everything looked great :flower: Turns out our first ultrasound tech was right and we are having a baby boy! :dance:
However, the tech had me lay on my belly, go to the bathroom, and jump around to get him to move because she wasn't getting the right angles and he was laying all twisted and folded in half :) After the jumping he finally moved so she could see the heart and brain and all that good stuff. But his position meant that he did not want to show us any good photo angles :haha:
He weighed in at 13 oz :)

:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 5
Jumpingo I suck at questions for the doctor haha. I have usually googled or asked someone else before an appointment and then the ones I do have I forget about or feel too weird to ask. Stupid I know. :haha:

All righty girls! Anatomy scan is done and everything looked great :flower:

not stupid at all! i'm the same way. i end up just saying, "nope," when they ask if i have any questions because i feel like my questions are silly or, if i haven't written them down, i totally forget. then i get home and wish i had asked a thousand other questions.:dohh:

appointment yesterday was pretty much a waste. just did an hour of paperwork (why don't they just GIVE that to you when you get your positive blood test at 4/5 weeks and have you fill it out when you have time, at home?!:growlmad:) and then talked to the doc for about 15 minutes. no height and weight, pulse, temperature, blood pressure, or any vitals, and sure as h*ll no ultrasound.:roll: so, we'll just go off base later next week and pay for a scan at a japanese clinic.:thumbup:

pictures look great too!!:thumbup:

Hi Maggz - congratulations on the blue bump :happydance:

Sorry about those dreams Karen. Can you try doing some mild workout? That'll ensure that you get tired a bit and have a dreamless sleep. And your bump looks amazing :)

Dini - talk to a physiotherapist or a chiropractor about the pain. Also can you talk to your MW about heartburn and indigestion and see if they can suggest some change in diet or in your prenatals if they are causing the issue.

Lacannadienne - yayy, your US is very close now. Are you finding out the gender or staying team yellow?

As for me, I have my second anomaly scan on Tuesday. So in the same nerves as before an examination now. As much as I'm happy to see the baby, my US experience are always the same - baby won't cooperate first, I need to go for a walk for some time and again wait for my turn. It takes more than half day every time :dohh: Hope that it'll be all good this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->