Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Thanks a lot Mol. I'll try them out. My usual leggings and pants are becoming so uncomfortable these days.

Karen & lacanadienne - the pulse feeling, though it's mostly near my belly button now, it's still kinda all over the place. Sometimes I can feel that in my lower abdomen too. And yesterday, for the first time, I can feel some weird popping sensation, like you have some popcorns which are popping or opening the cork of a bottle, only without any sound. I really don't know what all these things means and don't want to get too optimistic that these are baby movements. Will see how the scan goes by, which is in another 4hrs.

Jumpingo - As for telling people, just do it when you feel like. We told the immediate family right away, because we need them right away. And for the rest, we kinda let them know when we meet them or talk to them post 12 weeks. And that's only with those who are very close or we meet them almost everyday. As for the social media, I'm not making any announcement there until the baby comes, because If some one from there is really important, we would have told them by now. Also, we don't want to deal with questions on what do you think it'll be or what are the names you have shortlisted, etc. Because, the first time when me and hubby will tell the name to some one else, it'll be to the baby. We haven't even told our parents yet about that.

SanJan, 'popping like popcorn' sounds exactly what my earlier movements felt like!! Then they gradually grew bigger, but are still sometimes like a popping or thudding feeling. I think that's your baby!! :)

SanJan I think that sounds like baby movement too! Little popping feelings are what I felt first too :)

So we had our scan today! The tech said baby was being very shy and she had trouble getting the measurements, but then the baby moved and she got a better look. Eventually she told us with certainty that we're having a baby girl!! :pink: :dance: I couldn't stop crying as I looked at the u/s pictures in the waiting room after the scan. So happy!!
Now we'll have to figure out a name which will be a challenge. We agreed on a boys name but disagree about a girl, I guess we'll need to hash it out!

Mia - awesome! Congrats on pink bundle :) Girls are ahead in this thread.

For me, the tech did confirm that those are the baby movements - felt the same during the scan and could see the baby jabbing with its fist :D The ultrasound did take a lot of time - looks like the baby is awake only in the evenings and night and doesn't like to be disturbed during sleep. I had to walk around for almost 1.5 hrs to get the baby moving and get the measurements. I still couldnt get a peak at the gender. The techs here are very careful in not showing any obvious shots. But, overall, it went really well.

Mia - awesome! Congrats on pink bundle :) Girls are ahead in this thread.

happy baby girl mia!:mrgreen:

also, i was wondering if the first page is still being updated? if so, i would love to be added on july 9th.:flow:
and i talked to my husband last night and i think i convinced him to stay team yellow!:yellow:

Yay Mia! Congrats :flower:
I wonder if most people cry or tear up when they see their baby. I'm afraid my techs will think I'm cold for not showing more emotion :haha:

I think klink updates the first page jumpingo :)

Mia, congrats on the baby girl! My scan is now in a week. The real countdown has begun! :happydance:

Hope all of you are doing well. Work has been busy, but I'll definitely post furniture pics when we get the furniture.

Mia, congrats on your baby girl!!! Very exciting! :happydance:

SanJan, I'm so glad your ultrasound went so well, too! That's great that they confirmed that what you're feeling is movement, and that you got to see a bit of movement!! :thumbup:

Aww, Maggz, I'm sure no one would think you are cold if you don't cry! Everyone has different ways of showing their reactions and one is no better than the other. No worries. :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Wow, so nice to see so many positive pregnancy stories on here :)

I am not a far along as most of you ladies, but I was hoping for some positive thoughts.

I am having my second prenatal tomorrow but I have no idea if he will do a scan or try to find the heart.

I am sooooo nervous about getting bad news :-(

I am a bit older than you all, lol.

My symptoms were never very strong and they seem to have all but vanished, including bloating.

I have been trying to feel for my uterus but I am not sure if its too early, i feel something when I have to pee but not sure if that is my bladder? :blush:

Thanks so much!

Hey Jenny, welcome! Hope everything goes well for you, is it your first OB appointment? Right around the time you are now I heard my baby on the home doppler and at the 8w appointment the doctor showed us it on the ultrasound, it was so cool even though it was just a little bean ;)
Good luck!!!

Hey Jenny, welcome! Hope everything goes well for you, is it your first OB appointment? Right around the time you are now I heard my baby on the home doppler and at the 8w appointment the doctor showed us it on the ultrasound, it was so cool even though it was just a little bean ;)
Good luck!!!

Its just the family doctor appointment right now, so he might not do much of anything but set up future appointments, lol.

I hope I get some positive news though!

Ahh I see, well at least you'll get an OB appointment soon then :) Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Jenny, in Canada, the doctors don't tend to do the ultrasounds. My midwife didn't check for heart beat at 10 weeks, but she did at 14 with a doppler. I basically just got sent for a whole bunch of blood work, and got a requisition form for an ultrasound at my 10-week appointment. But hang in there, good things are coming.

Congrats on the pink bundle Mia .. :)

Sanjan yay, baby movements! Cant wait for mine already :)

Welcome Jenny - Congrats, I hope your appointment goes well. :D

Best of luck with your appointment, Jenny! I hope you are able to get in to see an OB soon. :)

I also hope all my American friends had a Happy Thanksgiving yesterday! Is anyone braving the Black Friday crowds today? We have Black Friday here as well but on a smaller scale. I am just going to get one thing for my mother-in-law but I'm not anticipating a crowd, thankfully.

I am super excited for the weekend, though! Tomorrow we are making our baby registry, and on Sunday, my parents are coming over to help us build the crib! It will be a great family moment. :)

Happy Weekend, everyone! :happydance:

Jenny, in Canada, the doctors don't tend to do the ultrasounds. My midwife didn't check for heart beat at 10 weeks, but she did at 14 with a doppler. I basically just got sent for a whole bunch of blood work, and got a requisition form for an ultrasound at my 10-week appointment. But hang in there, good things are coming.

Your right, thats exactly what he did.
He just gave me a few requistions for some blood work and a scan between 11 and 14 weeks.

So I am getting closer lol

I think just because of my "advanced" age and the fact that I had an MC 3 years ago I had expected maybe they would be more proactive to make sure everything was going accordingly.

The good news is that 12 weeks is not too far, lol

Hello ladies, glad to hear everyone had a good Thanksgiving!!

SanJan, id say it was baby movement too.. you are about the right GA for it and I usually feel the baby moving right after i eat.. I think its related to your blood sugar getting the baby all excited lol

And yeah, the bumps are definitely growing and getting more obvious 'pregnant' bellies rather than just looking like we've been indulging in too much beer or soda lol

And for those of you debating on when to announce... I'd wait as long as possible because once family/friends know you are pregnant and the initial congrats/surprise wears off, then the 'good natured advice' starts and it gets really old, really fast! You'll get looks over every little thing you do from having a cup of coffee or not walking/swimming enough or eating too much or how big you are getting, ad nauseum.. and in-laws seem to be even worse than your own family.. so WAIT as long as you can to announce. Next pregnancy Im just going to let people start guessing on their own, and Im definitely not revealing the gender as soon as I find out.. people can hardly control their facial expressions if you tell them the gender and its not the gender they wouldve preferred.. as if their preference even matters!!!

ok, rant over haha

Mia congrats on the baby girl!!

Maggz I haven't cried at a scan either I'm not a super emotional person anymore, I think years of ttc hardened me lol. But I think everyone is different.

I don't semm to feel him move as much lately but I did a bit today. He's moved again and my belly is smaller and softer. Guess he can't decide what he wants to do lol. Thanksgiving was good here. I was supposed to go black friday shopping with DH's family but we blew a tire on the way home from dinner last night so instead we spent $400 on two new tires today. So frustrating because we simply don't have the money to blow.

My makeup 3d scan is Tuesday so I'm excited to see him again! And my big 20 weeks scan is a week from Monday, I'll be over 21 weeks then so if all is well I think we will start some small shopping or at least deciding what we want. Then maybe we will finally announce on fb and to distant family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->