Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Oh no, jumpingo, I am so very sorry! Such heartbreaking news. I wish there were something I could say that would help but I know there really isn't. But please know we are here for you and you are in my prayers. :cry::hugs:

Aw jumpingo I'm so sorry to hear that :( I can't imagine the heartbreak you're going through. I am praying for you and your husband.

Oh no jumpingo I am so sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself hon :hugs:

Bree I can so believe that you're getting antsy, only a month now! I will probably be reading up on ways to get baby out as well, I'm pretty sure I'll go over 40 weeks since my sisters and mom always do ;)

How is everyone doing after the weekend? I really wanna go to sleep right now but I'm going in to work. Then I need to finish a book tonight for a book report, along with some endless math homework cause I have an exam on Thursday and then the cumulative final the Thursday after that! oy vey can I hibernate please?

I am so sorry jumpingo :( This is heartbreaking... please take your time to grieve lil jump. We all have you in our thoughts.

XX

Oh jumping I'm so sorry to hear that. Please take care and get lots of rest. You know we are here if you need us! Huggs!

Jumpingo, my heart goes out to you... losing a pregnancy is a tough thing to go thru.. take all the time you need to heal from it, especially emotionally. It will happen for you. :hugs:

So many things to worry about throughout a pregnancy, each trimester seems like it has its own set of worries. And trying to maintain a faithful, trustful, zen-like attitude about everything and anything is SO MUCH easier said than done!

I'm in the middle of straightening out some last details for my insurance, and its coming down to the wire because if Im not 'IN' my birth center by 28 weeks, they won't take me... and Im about to hit 26 weeks on Wednesday... commence nail biting lol

My party was fun, it was pretty mellow, at least for me since I couldn't drink. I was a slightly bad girl for taking a sip of my friends spiked eggnog, but I figured one sip wouldn't hurt. Otherwise I drank cranberry juice mixed with club soda and ate a bunch of food.

maggz, I can empathize on the finals for school.. my husband is in school right now and he's going crazy with all his finals. I can't wait for him to be done and come back home for a month... he gets back in town on Friday, and we're planning on going out for gyros.

Mia, yeah the backaches have not been fun lately and it is kinda weird to have such bad backaches esp with our bumps really not being THAT huge... I was reading a lot of it has to do with hormones softening the ligaments, but I also think I triggered my backache from sitting in a really bad position for a few hours last week, then not resting afterward. I had to shovel a raised bed worth of dirt off my patio to get ready for our move next weekend and then had to stop because i started getting some abdominal muscle twinges. Luckily my girlfriends were helping and forced me to sit down with a cup of decaf and watch them to all the work. ;)

Bree, I can hardly believe you are nearly full term!!! That'll be us in just 2 short months practically!!! Have you been feeling any Braxton Hicks??

As for Xmas plans, so far nothing facy here, just family gathering... no trips or travel.

Anybody else going anywhere for Xmas?

And btw, welcome to thread treeroot :)

thanks swamp :)

We're going to visit my parents for the holidays, which is a pretty long drive so I'm hoping to stay for a week if I can get the go ahead from work.
It's actually about an hour away from Karen916!

nice, you girls planning on meeting for coffee? Ive met up with a gal from the threads, its pretty cool, especially as we have the same due date. and Im guessing youre going to Sacramento area?

Hey swamp we should do a meetup like that! :) Maybe in the new year though I'm gonna be swamped the rest of the year lol!
How awesome that he's coming home soon! When are you joining him wherever he went? That was the plan, right?
So you need to be registered with the birth center in 2 weeks?

Nothing going on here for Christmas, I'm working Christmas day, just hope I get Christmas Eve off. DH's family is not big on Christmas or really any b-days/holidays for that matter so I feel like I'm kinda making up the plans for us. Christmas is always very special with my family so I wanna make our traditions more like that. It's hard though when we don't have a lot of money to spend on extra stuff like decorations etc.

Hey swamp we should do a meetup like that! :) Maybe in the new year though I'm gonna be swamped the rest of the year lol!
How awesome that he's coming home soon! When are you joining him wherever he went? That was the plan, right?
So you need to be registered with the birth center in 2 weeks?

Nothing going on here for Christmas, I'm working Christmas day, just hope I get Christmas Eve off. DH's family is not big on Christmas or really any b-days/holidays for that matter so I feel like I'm kinda making up the plans for us. Christmas is always very special with my family so I wanna make our traditions more like that. It's hard though when we don't have a lot of money to spend on extra stuff like decorations etc.

I have to work Christmas Eve this year. Working holidays stinks!

My family isn't much into holidays either, my mom's side was when I was small then my grandmother passed away and you know how that goes. But DH's family is very into it and they are always special times and I really enjoy them. Too bad Christmas Eve is the gift exchange with his mom's side and I'm working. But they still have Christmas dinner on Christmas. Last year I didn't decorate except a tree and I didn't do that the year before, the whole LTTTC thing was wearing me down bad and I just didn't care. This year I dug into the attic and got a few of the decorations down but I want more lol. I did buy a new tree skirt that my cats and one dog have decided to make into a fancy glittery blanket.

My anatomy scan went great today,:cloud9: baby wasn't coopertive but she was able to get all the important stuff, got a good look at his heart and brain and saw the blood flow to both kidneys etc. She even counted his fingers and toes. He's weighing in at about 15oz and measuring great. His femur length puts him 8 days ahead but the rest pretty much is on target...maybe he will have long legs. I'll attach a pic.

https://i61.tinypic.com/2s7xsvl.jpg

maggz, thatd be awesome to meet up.. if anything you should at least come to the baby shower, its the first weekend of February and it'll be here in San Diego, in Clairemont. But Im also down just for a quick cup of decaf latte or whatever

And yeah, Im pretty excited for hubbys return.. Thanksgiving weekend was just too short. And I'll be joining him up in the Bay area after the baby is born. We figured it's better for me to be down here with my network of family and friends and healthcare rather than totally isolated up there while hes in school 12 hours a day 6 days a week.

As for the Birth Center, Im switching centers, and the new place requires that I have my initial appt before Im 28 weeks.. I have it scheduled for this Wednesday, so I should be good. Even in worst care scenario with my insurance, Im still covered until the end of the month, so thats a HUGE relief.

And I think its great that you are starting the Christmas tradition, and you dont really need tons of money to make it special, because its the people that make it.. and starting the tradition is great, because someone has too, and nobody is going to do it the way you want to.. and Ive learned over the years 'if you build it, they will come' lol so watch out, in a few years you may have 20+ ppl over for the holidays.

nice Dini!! that baby looks great!! U/S pics are always fun, I love seeing the profiles and the bones and if the baby is awake during the U/S I like watching it move around. Congrats!! :)

swamp, glad your party went well, and I'm sure things will work out with the birthing centre.

Dini, nice u/s pic!

As for the holidays, we will be celebrating Xmas with my family here, then heading down to see DH's family on Boxing Day for about 5 days - they live close to Toronto, so about 5 hours from here. And maggz, a tradition doesn't have to be complicated, as swamp said. A lot of people make Xmas way too commercial in my opinion.

Swamp yes I think doing extra labor adds to the back pain. That's interesting that it can be because of the hormones though. Seems those hormones are just responsible for everything! thats good you're able to get into your new birth center this week.

Maggz I'm sure you can find ways to make Christmas special for your family, and like everyone said, it doesn't need to mean it costs money.

Dini great looking picture! I'm glad that all looks well with him! My girl was sucking her fingers in the u/s as well and I just thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Treeroot, welcome! Glad to have you here :)

We'll be with hubby's family for Christmas this year, driving down to St. Louis. It's definitely not my favorite place to be so I hope it goes ok. He has tons of family and they're all crazy. We probably have to sleep on an air mattress too which sucks.
Here's my 21 week bump photo I said I'd upload. I think I've really popped out there now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 12
swamp - no, no meetup, just happened to notice her location. I'll be busy with the family :)

maggz - I agree with everyone else, I'm sure you'll be able to find some meaningful traditions with no or low cost. Sucks about having to work on Christmas though

Dini - I hope you don't have to work to late? Or is an overnight? My dog and cat claim every soft surface as well. And good to hear about the scan:)

lacanadienne - our drive is going to be 5-6 hours as well. Depending on traffic through Toronto. I hope the weather is good!

MiaGirl - Thanks Mia. And you're looking beautiful! :)

Treeroot, I work 7a-7p but don't get off till after 7:30 so I will make it by 8ish so at least I get to go but everyone will be tired and full of pizza by then lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->