Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

I hope you had a good appointment Mia.

sweetbliss89 - I'm planning on going to see Mockingjay soon as well. I was supposed to go out on a work place girls-night-out dinner and movie a couple weeks ago, but I was just feeling too sick to go. I felt really bummed about it, but when I told my husband I wouldn't be going, he suggested the two of us could go instead. :)

I'm not sure I could handle school and pregnancy maggz, I can barely handle pregnancy and work. And yeah for kicks!

It snowed. And we have a big driveway. So I got half of it done and DH will have to finish the rest when he gets home. I'm pooped.

SanJan, glad you're feeling better, and happy belated anniversary. Hopefully you'll be able to do something more exciting for your birthday.

Sweetbliss, happy birthday early!

Tree, I feel you on the snow. We got about 20 cm here. We got a snow blower this year because I didn't think I'd be up to shoveling.

On the weekend, I have my last prenatal yoga class on Saturday. Not much else.

We had a great experience consulting with the hypnobirthing instructor! She was really nice and I think this is exactly what I need to calm my nerves and be confident for the birth. She also said we would go over methods to deny being induced/accepting interventions when they aren't truly medically necessary and doctors start pushing for it. Which I'm really excited about.
I'm so happy we're doing this, can't wait to start the classes!

Treeroot that's nice, you get a little date night out of it at least :) Mockingjay is pretty good!
And I guess we'll have to see how I fare next semester then, trying to push this baby out right before finals! :haha: I guess the joke will be on me ;)

I wish we got snow!

My back has been really bad tonight, have been sitting all day on those hard library chairs/classroom chairs, exactly the position they don't recommend if your back is bad :( So I'm really feeling it now. I think I'll go sit on my exercise ball for a while and try to relieve the pressure or whatever it is.

Thanks for the well-wishes for the ultrasound everyone! Baby girl got a very clean bill of health!! One of her cysts went away already so she only has one left and the doctor isn't worried about it. They found 0 other markers for a problem so basically she doesn't have an increased risk of a fatal problem. :happydance: And her chances of having Downs are 1 in 6,600 so I'd say pretty darn good odds (not that having Downs would be the worst thing, I'd love her no matter what).
The level 2 ultrasound was so cool and detailed, I loved it! She was dancing around in there like crazy too which was so fun to watch.

Sweetbliss we ordered the crib from Amazon it's called the Delta Chidren Canton 4 in 1 convertible crib.

Maggz I'm glad you enjoyed your appointment and are excited to work with her! My back tends to hurt a lot too by the end of the day, ugh.

Glad everything went so well Mia!

And UGH, HEADACHE! I've never been prone to getting them, but in the last week or two they've been brutal. Near the end of the day I couldn't focus on my computer screens at work. Everything went fuzzy. And obviously being on the computer now isn't going to help. So I'm off to take a shower - husbands work holiday party tonight (no idea what I'm going to wear though).

Just wanted to check in, cheers.

Treeroot, have some caffeine!!! No joke, it helped my 1st tri migraines when nothing else would. Just a small glass of coke. Crazy...

I just bought a dress to wear to DH's work's Christmas party I'm so excited! https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=947490023&MasterCategory_Id=MC3 It's this one :) It was on sale so I really scored ;)

Mia, so glad everything went well at the scan for you!

Treeroot, you might want to look into massage or something too - it can help with a lot of things. And make sure you drink plenty of water.

Maggz, nice dress!

One more week of school before two weeks off! :happydance: Some of my students have been really emotional lately, so it's been exhausting dealing with the fights and tantrums. Only five days left before I get to have a break!

Maggz that dress is so cute!

Treeroot, I agree with Maggz, a small glass of coke won't hurt and it may help. I was fortunate, I am not prone to headaches so I've been able to be caffiene free since I got my BFP.

lacanadienne, I bet you will be on cloud 9 when school is out! I'm sure they are stressed as well since I'm sure everyone around them is lol.

AFM, went to look at travel systems today, WHOA...so overwhelming. But glad we did and that DH came with because I never would have thought about needing an adjustable handle but DH is tall so that will be a must have. It just really limits our options. Can't find a crib we agree on but found one on Amazon I like a lot, so I think we will go that route, and if it sucks, they offer free returns on cribs.

The nerve pain in my leg is really causing issues right now. Last night for the first 3 hours I was trying to sleep I seriously had to turn over every 10-15 min because it hurt. It comes in these intense waves and if I don't move it doesn't stop. I think if the pain was constant I could get used to it but it will lessen and I doze off then it hits like a freight train. My chiropractor appt isn't until the end of January. Hope I have a better night tonight!

lacanadienne we just have to get through this week! lol... Although I'm on the student end ;)

Dini that sounds really painful! Is there no way you can get an earlier appointment?
I'm glad you got your DH with you to look at baby stuff. I am so overwhelmed by the options, I wanna go to a store and actually talk to someone that knows what we need to decide to limit the possibilities. Like you did with the adjustable handle! I'm thinking about getting a pack and play from Amazon, too.

I feel so grown up we went to get a freezer chest today and I ended up buying a Shark steam mop too! Dropping cash on household items makes me feel old. :haha: But also cause I'm actually excited about the steam mop lol

good morning ladies

maggz, glad your hypnobirthing class went well.. I dont start classes for another month yet.. Im looking forward to them tho!

Mia, so glad your u/s was good!! :)

treeroot, how much water do you drink a day? not enough water will surely cause headaches... my midwife has me drinking a huge glass first thing in the morning and then with every meal... if your pee isnt clear (that means if its yellow!) then you arent getting enough water she says.

And speaking of symptoms, my back ache just comes and goes... we are moving out of our little house this weekend and I totally wrecked my back yesterday just by merely packing and bending over... so now husband is on 100% lifting duty and Im only supervising everything. Moving suuuuuucccckkkkssss :lol:

Maggz let me know how you like the steam mop! We also need to get a freezer but DH wants to get a fridge/freezer combo for the garage so he can keep stuff in the fridge portion but we need a deep freeze more. I figure I may end up with lots of breast milk to store especially once I go back to work and won't have room in my freezer.

Swamp so sorry about your back! I bet moving right now is really rough. Hope it goes smoothly!

Maggz - I'm glad the hypnobirth appointment went well! Are you planning to go natural? That dress you ordered is so pretty! You'll have to post pictures when you where it for the party :) What freezer chest did you get? We might need one I think if I end up pumping a lot and storing it. Let me know how you like your steam mop!

Mia - That's great that the ultrasound went so well! So happy for you. That crib is really nice! We got the Graco Hayden in Espresso :)

Treeroot - I say a small glass of soda too. The caffeine will help kick it and won't hurt you or the baby. Also, up your water intake.

Lacanadienne - The end is so close, you can do it!!!

Dini - That nerve pain sounds horrible. Sorry :( I hope you can get into the chiropractor sooner.

Swamp - So sorry you hurt your back! I hope you can take it easy and that you feel better soon! Moving is always such a pain and takes such a toll on your body and mind.

I can't wait to hear about all of the baby gear you all end up buying! We've made all of our big purchases except for the breast pump, bouncer, video monitor, and the glider. If anyone needs any help researching and deciding, I'm willing to help since I can't research for us anymore haha
Today was my birthday but it didn't go as we planned. DH and I are both so sick that we ended up cancelling our plans for the morning to go shopping and then out to dinner later. DH went and got a movie for us and after lunch he watched that while I napped. The tylenol I took brought my fever down to where I felt pretty good about going out after my nap but once we got to the stores I wasn't feeling well again. We had already driven to the outlets though so I powered through and got a new sweater and some baby clothes :) Then we stopped at Target on our way home and I got a few new shirts to fit the growing bump but while in Target my fever went up even more and the body aches/chills started. We grabbed food on the way home and got home as fast as we could. We agreed that my birthday dinner out can wait until we will both fully enjoy it :) Just resting on our sofa for now after eating and a shower. I took more tylenol before my shower but my fever was still up at 99.5. Going to take it again before bed but if I don't feel better by morning then I'll be giving the doctor a call. Its such a strange mix of symptoms that I'm not sure what it even is. Its sinus congestion but my throat is beyond sore. All of the glands around my throat and in the back of my neck hurt so bad. Have the fever with body aches and chills as well as a headache. I hope you all are fairing better than DH and I!

Oh sweetbliss I hope you feel better in the morning. Could it be strep throat? Either way it sounds miserable!

I'm so jealous that you are nearly done with your baby purchases. We haven't bought a thing. I think we may try to wait for most of it until the shower is over. I'm having a very hard time deciding on a travel system. The ones I want are much too expensive. I may have to register for the seat and stroller separate and hope someone buys them for us.

We have some time of course but time has a way of getting away!

Thanks for the wishes everyone :flower:

Sweet - belated happy b'day :)

Swamp, Maggz - so sorry about your back aches. I'm sure you are not alone. It just kills me at night. And I heard that it'll just get worse as the days go :dohh:

Mia - So nice to hear that everything went well on the scan. Yayy :happydance:

Sweet - Whoa! Almost all the big purchases are done :thumbup:

I haven't started on anything and I can't start either because of some stupid tradition. I'm ok, in a way, because I'm anyways planning on certain big purchases after the baby only. Currently, I think I'll be needing a pack n play, stroller, car seat, some blankets, clothes and diapers for the baby. And it's DH's job to get all of them right after the delivery :) which shouldn't be a problem because I'm selecting the models for pack n play, stroller and car seat now which he can just go and buy. And I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of clothes and stuff on the naming ceremony we'll have after 2 weeks, so, will just buy the immediate ones from the baby store in hospital itself for immediate needs. My mum has bought a lot of muslin cloth and other stuff and making cloth diapers by herself which I can use :) So, all set there as well :happydance:

As for the breast pump, I have 6 months of maternity leave, so, will see how breast feeding goes first and then invest in one. Am not particular about crib either because, I'm planning on co-sleeping for at least a year and anyways, since we might be moving to our own house either just before the delivery of just after that, it's better to buy big furniture stuff that matches the décor then.
So, currently all I'm thinking of is the interior designs for our home, esp., baby's room with some gender neutral ideas.

Also, on a side note, have you guys started thinking about when to start your maternity leaves? I was thinking of working up to the end - going to office till end of march and Work from home from the first week of April. But now, with all that happened a couple of weeks back, I'm planning to talk to the Dr about it once on my Wednesday's appointment and see if she thinks that it'll be ok.

sweetbliss, sorry to hear about you being sick.. something must be going around because I woke up this morning with a sore scratchy throat :( Im currently drinking hot herbal tea with lemon and honey, hoping itll help

Sanjan, I already took my maternity leave, as in quit my job and Im not planning on working/getting another job for at least a year. We'll be broke, but thats okay

Also going to start seriously looking into getting the stroller sometime this week... I already know which brand I want (the Revolution Bob) but I have yet to decide on a model or find a good price

Swamp - very close to third tri :thumbup: yayyy
Can't wait to reach that milestone :)

Sweet - I have even found warm water with honey really helpful for sore throat. Hopefully it should get cleared for you soon :flower:

Hello, everyone!

Swamp, I'm sorry to hear your back is still giving you grief! I hope that it will feel better and that the move will proceed smoothly for you!

Maggz, sorry to hear about your back pain as well! Those hard-backed chairs are no fun. That's great that your hypnobirthing class went well, and I love the dress you picked!

Dini, so sorry you're in such pain! I hope it will calm down for you. That's great, though, that you and your DH were able to go looking for a travel system together. :)

Treeroot, I hope your headaches will subside!! I agree with swamp, try to stay as hydrated as you can! And if you need a little jolt, there is always chocolate as well. :)

Mia, so glad to hear the scan went so well! Yay! :happydance:

lacanadienne, I hear you about counting down the days till Christmas break!!! I work tonight, Tuesday, and Thursday night, and then I am off for a couple weeks! I just have a silly one-hour shift on the 29th, but then we are off to Florida the next morning for our 'babymoon', and then I will be back to work January 5. Hard to believe I will only have 8 weeks of work left after that! It is definitely bittersweet.

I unfortunately contracted a nasty stomach bug that is running rampant in our local schools lately. I was pretty sick all weekend, but luckily, I feel much better today. I had my OB checkup this morning and all went well. I left feeling very positive. Now I just have to get my glucose test out of the way, which I am hoping to do Saturday.

Have a great day, everyone! :hugs:

wow sweetbliss you're so prepared! Sorry that your birthday didn't go as planned - Happy birthday btw!!! :flower: But you'll do something to celebrate later :)

Dini, we got a Kenmore 9cu freezer chest, it's small, but we figured if we'd go bigger it would just frost the insides cause we don't have THAT much stuff to put in there yet haha. But we want the extra room so I can make freezer meals and we just signed up for a food service that brings us like 6 months' worth of meat and frozen veggies at a time, so we need room for that also.

SanJan sounds like our traditions are very similar! We have naming ceremonies (or christenings, at which the baby is named too) about 1-3 months after the baby is there. We will do that if I take the baby home to Iceland next summer, but DH won't be there though. But that's like our version of a baby shower I guess :)

Karen you just have the worst luck with contracting illness! Glad your appointment went well.

swamp you made me laugh :)

I'll post pics when we go to the Christmas party, DH is gonna wear an ugly Christmas sweater that lights up :haha:
As for all natural, I'll just go with whatever happens, I'm not opposed to painkillers, but it would be cool if hypnobirthing works well enough for me to stay drug free!

Oh and SanJan as for maternity leave I have no idea. I think I'll just stop whenever I feel bad enough lol. Might be beginning of April, maybe a week or so before my due date? Hopefully I won't need to quit before then. I also have no idea when I'm going back to work, I would love to not go back there hahaha.

Oops, I somehow missed a couple posts when I was catching up. Sweetbliss, I'm sorry to hear that you have been feeling sick, too! I hope you will feel better soon. Get some rest! :hugs:

Well I finally had my long awaited first scan.
And it was worth the wait.
The baby is measuring right on target at 12.4 weeks and the heart beat is 152.
I am just so excited for this first milestone :happydance:

Attachments

• P2  NT OBSTETRIC ULTRASOUND 0001.jpg
    P2 NT OBSTETRIC ULTRASOUND 0001.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 4
  • P2  NT OBSTETRIC ULTRASOUND 0003.jpg
    P2 NT OBSTETRIC ULTRASOUND 0003.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts